8 posts in this topic

Posted

Reliable sources have confirmed to IGN that there were layoffs at Sony Santa Monica Studio today. The Sony-owned, exclusive developer

Posted

Read this last night but forgot to post it. Really sucks. I was one of the people who was really hard on them for making GoW:A and dismissed it for many months. Picked it up not long ago and it's a solid entry in the series, just really really fun. Couldn't care less about the MP mode and I think that's what hurt them most in the end.

Posted

Read this last night but forgot to post it. Really sucks. I was one of the people who was really hard on them for making GoW:A and dismissed it for many months. Picked it up not long ago and it's a solid entry in the series, just really really fun. Couldn't care less about the MP mode and I think that's what hurt them most in the end.

I've got it, along with the statue even, picked it up from Amazon Warehouse deals for

Posted

Am I reading this right? Does that mean, no more GOW games, at least not from that studio?

Posted

Am I reading this right? Does that mean, no more GOW games, at least not from that studio?

Not at all, doesn't say that. 50 members of staff have been laid off, and it's rumoured a project cancelled (Sony's PR hasn't confirmed or denied this part, but it's likely). 

We don't know what game they're currently working on, but it's said NOT to be GoW, but again that is no confirmation that no more GoW games aren't on the way.

Also to put the size of the studio into the fray here, they were at over 200 staff prior to this.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not at all, doesn't say that. 50 members of staff have been laid off, and it's rumoured a project cancelled (Sony's PR hasn't confirmed or denied this part, but it's likely). 

We don't know what game they're currently working on, but it's said NOT to be GoW, but again that is no confirmation that no more GoW games aren't on the way.

Also to put the size of the studio into the fray here, they were at over 200 staff prior to this.

Ok good to know. Thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused. GOW3 was awesome...would hate to lose a great IP.

Posted

Thanks for this!

Must of been in development issues and/or Destiny was shaping up to simply be the better sci-fi game. Still sad to lose a new IP, but not every game can be given the ridiculous The Last Guardian budget/development time frame.