Maybe all the shenanigans revolving around this game will finally wake people up and get them to not pre order.

I personally don't remember the last time I pre ordered a game. I think it may be 2012 with GW2.

This release is especially sad because apart from the over use of the Bat mobile (tank fights) the game is really good from what I've seen from watching people stream it.

Probably the best Batman game to date as far as story and game play goes.

Maybe all the shenanigans revolving around this game will finally wake people up and get them to not pre order.

I'll still preorder, and in fact I'm loving it with the 15.6 betas.  The other alternative is everything getting PC releases six months late like before, and everyone bitched about that nonstop.

I admit if I cared that deeply about games being 100% perfect I wouldn't preorder, they almost never are.

I'll still preorder, and in fact I'm loving it with the 15.6 betas.  The other alternative is everything getting PC releases six months late like before, and everyone bitched about that nonstop.

I admit if I cared that deeply about games being 100% perfect I wouldn't preorder, they almost never are.

I've never once bitched about games being delayed. I'd prefer a delayed and working game than a released and broken one. I'm patient enough for that.

The Witcher 3 is a perfect example of that. Had they released it 6 months ago like was originally planned who knows how bad that would have been? Would have put a huge damper on a game that for all intents and purposes is a masterpiece. 

Which is what Arkham Knight should have been. And is....if you got the ps4 version.

See its hip to whinge about this game, obviously knock on effect from bad press over its shoddy state.

Well Im going to rub it in further and state theres f-all wrong with mine on PC and Im actually enjoying playing.

I.e I havent been put off by a gfx glitch and thus went looking for other stuff to make a meal of, nor am I simply jumping on the "im so not pre-ordering again" or "i,ll buy it when its fixed..i knew this would happen" band wagons.

So.....

The Joker, eh?

Hes not real....

There is certainly no shortage of people out there who will whinge, but for WB to pull the game suggests that it might be a bit bigger than nitpickers over at r/gaming. Nitpickers were yelling about The Witcher 3 but CDPR didn't need to stop selling the game.

See its hip to whinge about this game, obviously knock on effect from bad press over its shoddy state.

Well Im going to rub it in further and state theres f-all wrong with mine on PC and Im actually enjoying playing.

I.e I havent been put off by a gfx glitch and thus went looking for other stuff to make a meal of, nor am I simply jumping on the "im so not pre-ordering again" or "i,ll buy it when its fixed..i knew this would happen" band wagons.

Hes not real....

How come people can't talk about something without having it be whining?

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm rather indifferent to the entire situation. I wasn't going to be playing the game for 6+ months anyways.

Batman: Arkham Knight Voluntarily Being Taken Off Steam Until Fixed

[update] Arkham Knight sales suspended from Steam store and pulled from retail shelves.

[update] Batman: Arkham Knight's PC problems and the resulting repercussions have now spread to physical copies of the game. An employee for UK retailer Game has told Eurogamer that it is "not allowed to sell" the game as Warner Bros. has requested the retailer cease supplying the title while its problems are remedied.[Update ends]

After a string of reports about PC performance issues, Batman: Arkham Knight is being taken off the Steam store temporarily. The news was posted on Steam today by Gary Lake-Schaal, VP of Game Technology at Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. In it, he apologises for the performance issues being experienced by owners of the PC version of the game and states that future game sales will be suspended while they work out the problems. The same post was also made on the official Warner Bros. forums. GameSpot reached out to Warner Bros. who has confirmed the authenticity of the post.

The post opens with:

"We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall"

Players are also reminded that they can flag issues they are experiencing in the game with Warner Bros. customer support. Refunds can also be requested via Steam or at the retailer where the game was purchased.

Earlier today it was reported that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was carrying a number of prominent bugs and glitches, especially for players who were using AMD graphics cards. Developer Rocksteady has released a statement in response to this, stating: "We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/batman-arkham-knight-voluntarily-being-taken-off-s/1100-6428434/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

Another big game ported by an outside company (Iron Galaxy).

Looking at the TotalBiscuit video the gamepad options on the PC use an image of PS4's DualShock 4 controller :rofl:

• Like 2

Another victory for me, since the game works great on my box. :D  (had originally planned to snag it in July so I'm glad I didn't wait.)

Another victory for the Master Race!

The apologists are almost as annoying as the game engine crashes so far. Tempted to uninstall until it gets re-released.

In other news, The Witcher III is still a decent port.

So I redeemed it from Nvidia after buying my 970 strix. Hope the bugs are fixed, but the Totalbiscuit video doesn't make it seem any better :(

The apologists are almost as annoying as the game engine crashes so far. Tempted to uninstall until it gets re-released.

In other news, The Witcher III is still a decent port.

The Witcher 3 was made for pc first. It's not a port.

Anyways. Here's totalbiscuits video on the issues the game has....

tldr version is that you need to have a $4000 computer to get the game running decently and that the game never should have been released when it was.

The Witcher 3 was made for pc first. It's not a port.

Anyways. Here's totalbiscuits video on the issues the game has....

tldr version is that you need to have a $4000 computer to get the game running decently and that the game never should have been released when it was.

http://youtu.be/bFBd5GgGkMs

But but consoles made the PC copy of The Witcher 3 way worse!!1

Yeah so I can think we can all agree the grass is never always green on the other side.

However a compromise like this port is a joke. Absolute shambles of a state to release a game. The decent thing to do would have been delay the PC copy, apologise profusely and be honest that it wasn't ready to ship.

But but consoles made the PC copy of The Witcher 3 way worse!!1

Yeah so I can think we can all agree the grass is never always green on the other side.

However a compromise like this port is a joke. Absolute shambles of a state to release a game. The decent thing to do would have been delay the PC copy, apologise profusely and be honest that it wasn't ready to ship.

I believe that the pc version got "downgraded" or whatever you want to call it because it just wouldn't have been feasible to run for 99% of the pc gamers out there. Sort of like this game.

And I'm perfectly okay with that because it still runs great and looks great.

I believe that the pc version got "downgraded" or whatever you want to call it because it just wouldn't have been feasible to run for 99% of the pc gamers out there. Sort of like this game.

And I'm perfectly okay with that because it still runs great and looks great.

They explained why it took on the appearance it has just now in quite some detail. Basically cost. It's a tremendously large game and to have it as visually appealing as early footage would have been very expensive. Console copies were introduced to make it feasible at its current graphical level, let alone to fund the early vision.

Batman is a different scenario, the PC copy is currently fundamentally broke.

Just started playing this game and having a dumbass moment.  Doing the the side quest where you are supposed to rescue the firefighers but not sure where you go.  I got a waypoint and arrows pointing me to the first person but supposed to rescue several more.  I select the mission but no arrows showing me where to go next.  Am I am doing something wrong?

Just started playing this game and having a dumbass moment.  Doing the the side quest where you are supposed to rescue the firefighers but not sure where you go.  I got a waypoint and arrows pointing me to the first person but supposed to rescue several more.  I select the mission but no arrows showing me where to go next.  Am I am doing something wrong?

No. You're just supposed to find them as you go. They aren't marked on purpose.

It looks like to me that any issues, as far as performance wise, are down to overuse of nvidias silly GameWorks effects, people should turn all that fluff off and you'll notice your performance jump right away.  Also upgrade to the newest drivers from both card makers.  

It looks like to me that any issues, as far as performance wise, are down to overuse of nvidias silly GameWorks effects, people should turn all that fluff off and you'll notice your performance jump right away.  Also upgrade to the newest drivers from both card makers.  

Maybe. Maybe not. In Totalbiscuits video he says turning those features off has minimal impact on performance.

Gotta say I do not have a $4000 computer.

If not for the SSDs it probably wouldn't even be $1000.

Running at 1080p with all the settings maxed except GameWorks stuff Off.

Unless Windows 10 is just having that much of an effect, I don't really know what's going on.

Gotta say I do not have a $4000 computer.

If not for the SSDs it probably wouldn't even be $1000.

Running at 1080p with all the settings maxed except GameWorks stuff Off.

Unless Windows 10 is just having that much of an effect, I don't really know what's going on.

Don't know what to tell you. I don't own the game right now and won't until after its re released. I'm just posting what I've read or seen in videos like Totalbiscuits.

Maybe. Maybe not. In Totalbiscuits video he says turning those features off has minimal impact on performance.

Well, I've seen benchmarks say otherwise, and people shouldn't look at the games internal benchmark tool, that things a wrong indication of performance, a lie if you will.  So if the games benchmark tool gives you one thing but the game itself gives you lower performance then yeah, it looks like they optimized the benchmark but not the rest of the game.

I can't talk to biscuit and whatever rig he has, but I've talked with a friend who turned all 4 gameworks fluff off and gets good performance with the newest game specific drivers on his NVidia 970.

Also anyone will a AMD CPU will see lower performance as well, don't know what to say to that other than AMD's CPUs are just poor for gaming.