Couple Trapped, Attacked By Their Own Cat

I had a Maine Coon cat for about 10 years. One of the sweetest cats you could ever have. Dumb as a brick though. This cat had enough brain power to operate vital organs, and that is it. If you turned out all the lights, you could visually see his brain arcing from missed connections :rofl:

You drop something on its head as a kitten? Dads was TOO smart.

I had a Maine Coon cat for about 10 years. One of the sweetest cats you could ever have. Dumb as a brick though. This cat had enough brain power to operate vital organs, and that is it. If you turned out all the lights, you could visually see his brain arcing from missed connections :rofl:

:laugh: :laugh:

You drop something on its head as a kitten? Dads was TOO smart.

Nope. Lack of intelligence was standard equipment on him. Stared at the water bowl like it was sorcery. He would fart and jump because he startled himself. Poor bastard hated a car ride. Stuck his head in whatever worked as a hole and howled like a sodomized bitch until we got to the Vet. More fun ensued there.

After 10 years, he finally succumbed to brain failure when the last of 4 neurons reached EOL and he began thinking (term used loosely) it was perfectly normal to pee in the litterbox, but poop wherever in the house. He also stopped squatting when he tried to pee and most of the time, overshot the litterbox. Vet couldn't find anything physically wrong with him. You only clean waste up so many times before you surrender to the fact that its time to put'em down. I hated it, but not going to live like that.

I used to hate cats when I was a kid, but would love to have back the 3 that have passed on over the years. Down to the last one now and I dread the day she has to go.

I used to hate cats when I was a kid, but would love to have back the 3 that have passed on over the years. Down to the last one now and I dread the day she has to go.

I used to love cats... I still do, but I used to, also.

Nope. Lack of intelligence was standard equipment on him. Stared at the water bowl like it was sorcery. He would fart and jump because he startled himself. Poor bastard hated a car ride. Stuck his head in whatever worked as a hole and howled like a sodomized bitch until we got to the Vet. More fun ensued there.

After 10 years, he finally succumbed to brain failure when the last of 4 neurons reached EOL and he began thinking (term used loosely) it was perfectly normal to pee in the litterbox, but poop wherever in the house. He also stopped squatting when he tried to pee and most of the time, overshot the litterbox. Vet couldn't find anything physically wrong with him. You only clean waste up so many times before you surrender to the fact that its time to put'em down. I hated it, but not going to live like that.

best post of the day!

A cat can really ruin your day - those claws can penetrate your skin pretty deep - and there are 20 of them!  I've ###### off a few cats in my day to know not to mess with them. If you do get into a scrape with a feline, no need to be gentle...

you guys are being too violent, there's no need of that; a good ol' punch if the cat attacks and it's enough. I've deal with cats and dogs gone mad and the only way is to pull the man card, while avoiding killing the animal. Sad to see the only alpha male in that situation is, in fact, the cat himself.

Punch it? I personally prefer the patented Boot-up-Arse? Method for dealing with bad felines. Less chance of those claws scratching me (long pants); bigger cats can scratch real deep and I'd rather lose a pair of pants than get sick from cat scratches. 

I can't believe you guys are talking about using guns in a cat attack topic as if it's your only option.

I would have swatted it with a big pillow. :laugh:

Time to call Jackson Galaxy  :rofl:

(http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/my-cat-from-hell)

I tried to watch one of his shows, he is such a patronising moron.

I cannot understand how two adults, probably with the joint mass of 340lbs can be intimidated by some moggy mass 22lbs.

I have two cats, I adore my two cats and I am the daddy in my home and they know it.

Seems they are cowardly namby pamby adults.

What is the world coming to?

Seriously!!!!! Get it by the scruff of the neck. BANG! Would immobilise cat.

####ing pair of idiots.

Yes cats have claws and can do damage (ive owned ateast 4). But come on its not exactly a huge animal.

I used to love cats... I still do, but I used to, also.

Hedberg theif :p

Cats can give you a nasty scratch, especially around the face (which is why it is dumb-as-###### to have them around small children) but you could even get a blanket to smother it with and then put it outside. Minimise risk to yourself and no need to hurt the cat.

Co-worker was out for almost 2wks because her cat attacked her.  She lives close to the mountains and the cat was inside/outside cat.  Cat must of been spooked because it  climbed up one side of her body and down the other.  Bites, scratches, all over her arms and legs. She tossed got the cat outside but forgot a window was open so the cat got back in.  She was bleeding pretty good so she called 911.  911 operator thought she was joking until the ambulance showed up and saw the extent of her wounds and the pool of blood on the floor.  She got an infection and was in the hospital on an IV for a few days.  I saw her about a couple weeks after and she didnt look much better but was out of danger.  They had to put hte cat down to test for rabies.

Wouldnt think a house cat would do that much damage, but they can.

Oldie but goodie :)

I posted that once a while back and lots got offended.

Too much effort, smell and mess.

Damn skippy they are! I recently brought home a stray 6 month old stray pup. Thing has made my life hell. Constant attention required. If things don't improve in the next few months, I'm probably going to slit my wrists using the rusty spoon I've been keeping on standby for just such an occasion.

People are too sensitive these days :/

Hello,

honestly i probably would have killed it with my bare hands. no animal would attack my child and survive.

I would have killed it period. Your kid before the cat always.

Co-worker was out for almost 2wks because her cat attacked her. She lives close to the mountains and the cat was inside/outside cat. Cat must of been spooked because it climbed up one side of her body and down the other. Bites, scratches, all over her arms and legs. She tossed got the cat outside but forgot a window was open so the cat got back in. She was bleeding pretty good so she called 911. 911 operator thought she was joking until the ambulance showed up and saw the extent of her wounds and the pool of blood on the floor. She got an infection and was in the hospital on an IV for a few days. I saw her about a couple weeks after and she didnt look much better but was out of danger. They had to put hte cat down to test for rabies.

Wouldnt think a house cat would do that much damage, but they can.

Now, this story is a bit more bareable; The cat, being inside/out might have caught rabies like you said. She also (from your story) seemed to be alone.

This story has TWO "GROWN" ADULTS. You kick that cat in the head and it wouldnt be coming at all. And if it keeps coming, get your kitchen knife and you stab the POS. Period.

I mean, it hit your kid; Your child comes ALWAYS before any animal.

Hello,

I would have killed it period. Your kid before the cat always.

Now, this story is a bit more bareable; The cat, being inside/out might have caught rabies like you said. She also (from your story) seemed to be alone.

This story has TWO "GROWN" ADULTS. You kick that cat in the head and it wouldnt be coming at all. And if it keeps coming, get your kitchen knife and you stab the POS. Period.

I mean, it hit your kid; Your child comes ALWAYS before any animal.

Cat didnt have rabies.  Just was freaking out for some reason.  My guess, coyotes.  And she has 2 kids (was recently divorced) but the cat was going after her, not the kids.

My guess is you don't have kids. 

Nope, even if I did why would I want extra stress and mess? Parents never got another dog after the old one died for those very reasons.

Nope, even if I did why would I want extra stress and mess? Parents never got another dog after the old one died for those very reasons.

I always had a dog growing up, they aren't that bad and if you train them right they aren't messy.