Is Dove a Holy Symbol in America? In God We Trust & In Dove We Find Peace

It is said that 96% Americans believe in "God, or a universal spirit" (1), and biblical text describes a symbol for PEACE: Dove.  A post online points out the dove is considered to be symbol of peace throughout the world (2). So my question is: Is Dove a Holy Symbol in America?

Can you imagine an American eating dove in a restaurant or at home?  As for me, something seems to be wringing my heart if I think of eating dove.

References:

(1)  George Bishop The Religious Worldview and American Beliefs About Human Origins

(2)  https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110323091553AAZAc3i

The symbolism of a dove starts with Noah's Ark in the Bible.  In order to see if the floods were abating Noah sent out a dove.  The first dove returned because he didn't find anywhere to land.  7 days later he sent another dove. This time it returned with an olive branch, meaning there was vegetation somewhere and the water level was receding.

The peace symbol is taken from this context but it does have a religious origin.

The dove was use before Christianity.

The goddesses Atargatis, Ishtar, Inanna, Astarte and Aphrodite are all depicted with doves.

The legendary queen Semiramis was raised by doves, connecting her to the goddesses.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh the dove was released to search for the end of the deluge.[1]

The symbolism of a dove starts with Noah's Ark in the Bible.  In order to see if the floods were abating Noah sent out a dove.  The first dove returned because he didn't find anywhere to land.  7 days later he sent another dove. This time it returned with an olive branch, meaning there was vegetation somewhere and the water level was receding.

The peace symbol is taken from this context but it does have a religious origin.

The dove was also a symbol of the Holy Spirit (or actual spirit, I don't know I wasn't there) when Jesus was baptized. 

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Luke 3:22