Man Kills Infant Son To Play Xbox One

Enter Homosassa, Florida :|  :|  :| . A young resident of the county living in a house with his girlfriend and their year-old son has committed a crime that many would dare say is nigh unspeakable. Cody Wygant, a 24-year-old man, suffocated and killed his son in order to play his Xbox One in peace and quiet, and watch TV. 

The Montreal Gazette is reporting on the incident, as it's making fast travel from the confines of Florida and into the wider scope of the news media, prompting for public responses near and far that exercise disgust and disdain for Wygant senior. 

Apparently the allure of the Xbox One's entertainment features weighed more on Wygant than the need to comfort his crying child. In fact, according to the sheriff's deputy, it was the incessant crying and screaming from the sixteen-month-old Daymeon Wygant that led Cody to commit wholly to his intentions to do the unthinkable. 

The ?noise? from his son coupled with the strong desire to play his Xbox One without interruption, forced Cody to make a life-changing decision... a decision he nor anyone else could ever take back. 

Cody approached his infant son, portending a menacing plot in his own mind; a plot to keep his child silent, only long enough for him to enjoy a few episodes of the popular TV show ?Fringe? ? which is available to watch on the Xbox One thanks to the TV media functions of Microsoft's new console ? as well as enjoy a few of his Xbox One games. 

Cody spent an hour playing games and watched three episodes of "Fringe", according to News Net 5

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Man-Kills-Infant-Son-Play-Xbox-One-63530.html

:s

Uhm, I have no words

Same here........................... This is why I could never be in Law Enforcement. When it comes to children..... Ah nevermind.  :cry:  :crazy:  :angry:

I say use the Brazen Bull and put this Sob to Death.

The brazen bull, bronze bull, or Sicilian bull, was a torture and execution device designed in ancient Greece. Its inventor, metal-worker Perillos of Athens, proposed it to Phalaris, the tyrant of Akragas, Sicily, as a new means of executing criminals. The bull was made entirely of bronze, hollow, with a door in one side. The condemned were locked in the bull, and a fire was set under it, heating the metal until the person inside roasted to death.

Thoroughly deplorable and sickening, but I really do wish reporters would stop trying to over-emotionalise these things.  This is a horrible and sickening enough crime without them trying to make it sound even worse.  16 months old is a toddler, not an infant.

• Like 2

I A young resident of the county living in a house with his girlfriend

That's the first issue. He has no love, to live with his girlfriend and have a child, he obviously wasn't ready, if he REALLY didn't want his son, and he AND his wife both agreed upon it, I believe giving the child up for adoption would have been the best option as opposed to killing the kid over a Xbox! I would try not marry someone who has slept around others or has lived with someone else. The temptation is too much for them, and they have given a part of them to that person they can never get back. So I would not be getting the full deal. Adoption has many loving people, like me, who would be open to adopting a child.

So sad. :omg: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry:  :crazy: :argh:

I think it's less about the Xbox and more this guy not being able to deal with a crying baby. Insert "read a book" or "have a shower" or just "enjoy peace and quiet" in place of the Xbox thing and it's a story we've heard many times before.

People should *really* be ready before they have children. This is why I hate the argument, "oh, you'll feel differently when it's your own!" ... well, obviously sometimes that isn't the case.

What is wrong with Florida, Honolulu, Oklahoma and Ohio?

These sorts of stories have become far too common in Florida. We're talking about serious cultural issues.

That's the first issue. He has no love, to live with his girlfriend and have a child, he obviously wasn't ready, if he REALLY didn't want his son, and he AND his wife both agreed upon it, I believe giving the child up for adoption would have been the best option as opposed to killing the kid over a Xbox! I would try not marry someone who has slept around others or has lived with someone else. The temptation is too much for them, and they have given a part of them to that person they can never get back. So I would not be getting the full deal. Adoption has many loving people, like me, who would be open to adopting a child.

So sad. :omg: :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry:   :crazy:  :argh:

what ? from that line of text where did you get no love and slept around ?

This is awful, but what's with the article trying to criminalise the Xbox One?

Because the mindless twonks in the media just luuuuuuuurrrrrrrrve to blame the games for sick things like this, instead of the twisted perps themselves.

Controversy sells, don'tchaknow.

This is awful, but what's with the article trying to criminalise the Xbox One?

I looked up the story and on other news articles it says it was an Xbox but have pictures of the Xbox 360. So don't think the police specified which console it was all they know is that its an xbox console.I think the article tries to paint him a certain way by over-emphasizing that he suffocated the kid to use the Xbox.

So are we allowed to kill him now or...?

I sure hope so!!

You know this dipstick is some kind of low life punk as he can't even wear his hat straight! ;)

Why do people think that is cool? Even if you're going to wear it backwards, at least wear it straight instead of trying to be like some idiot punk!!

IMO this stems back to the way people are being raised. Before, parents would tell you that you can't have everything, be content with what you have, in life you will have to sacrifice and adapt, they would teach you to do things in the house and share responsibilities. Now, we just give them whatever they want and can't discipline them because a few overdid it and now "punishment" is broadly categorized as "abuse". Now as adults, people prioritize personal pleasures more than responsibilities. "Thinking of someone else" is a completely foreign concept. Even going back to the article posted here about a woman who hit a cyclist and blatantly stated she only cares about the dent in her car. The last few decades have seen impressive strides in many fields but somehow, over time,  we undermined the foundations of what made us a functioning society. Yes every generation had its deviants and issues but the current seems especially cold.

How is he charged with third-degree murder!? Seems to me like he intentionally suffocated his child. In that case it's clearly not due to negligence and both planned and intentional. He should be charged for first-degree murder.

Even though he was apparently using it to watch TV.

You think the media care about trifling facts like that? They can truthfully spin it that he murdered his son to use the Xbox. Video Games are evil and all those who disagree are murderers too.