New DSLR owner

lol.. I know the feeling..

You can use monopod (single pod) or tripod for big lens... so you don't have to hold it in your hands in long period of time.

I think all the must haves have been recommended. Only other thing I could think of is a UV filter or polarizing filter, maybe a back up battery and battery grip. I picked up a 3rd party one for my Canon and I'm extremely satisfied with it. (Made by Photive.)

turn off auto iso. or use P modes to avoid auto iso. at least some of those pictures are cranked up to 6400 ISO. granted the ISO noise in that narrow DOF shot actually sort of works(would work better in B&W) but still :)

I didn't do and post processing effects to it at all >.> and still learning the new beast so the first few hundred shots will be lacking... lol still better than the shots my Fujifilm S1600 takes lol

That seems like a pretty reasonable price for such a good set. I have the Hoya 52mm CL Pro or whatever polarizer and I'm pretty happy with it.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been playing around with the camera on our vacation this past week (took almost 400 shots)

Just uploading most of them to my flickr account (don't like 500px limitations) 

anyways hasta for the hastas

14344805268_746c3683a6_t.jpgDSC_0258.jpg by Fusion Opz, on Flickr

• Like 1