Steam Summer Sale 2014

Yeh, I'm guessing you can cancel pre-orders on steam so it would just be silly to have everyone cancel it to get the cheaper price.

Yeh, I'm guessing you can cancel pre-orders on steam so it would just be silly to have everyone cancel it to get the cheaper price.

This is not a pre-oder. This is a pre-purchase. You pay the full price and own the game "soon" to be released.

Either way this is a day 1 daily deal so it highly unlikely to get any cheaper, best you can hope for is it appearing in the encore if you can't decide in time.

This is not a pre-oder. This is a pre-purchase. You pay the full price and own the game "soon" to be released.

Correct, Steam is not Amazon, card charged faster than you can say "maybe not". But glad the sale has started, a nice ten days of excitement ahead. And the Summer Adventure sounds cool, though to be honest i'd be lying if I said I understood it. I never understand these Steam adventure things. Too busy restraining myself from pressing the green buttons, though the first day can't say there's anything I want. Good luck everyone. Each man for himself.

Here begins our decent into poverty. I'll see you all in the soup kitchen.

Everyone post what they bought. Me? Xcom Enemy Unknown. I got this on PS3 for a Plus game ages ago but it is really better suited to PC.

• Like 3

I'll be away at camp during the Steam Summer Sale. My parents would be away as well. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here begins our decent into poverty. I'll see you all in the soup kitchen.

Everyone post what they bought. Me? Xcom Enemy Unknown. I got this on PS3 for a Plus game ages ago but it is really better suited to PC.

Dibs on the last piece of bread, can't have soup without dunking.

Haven't bought anything yet, but am sure this is a temporary reprieve...

Steam Summer Sale, Or: "The Death of the Wallet: Season 1"

Did you miss the previous 20+ seasons? Or is this a remake of the show? :laugh:

I allocated a certain sum to Gaben's Wallet (curiously prefixed with My, but we know it isn't) several weeks ago and told myself to not exceed it whatever the circumstances.

I delude myself that it hurt my budget less that way :|

Definitely taking advantage selling trading cards right now since the value of some them went up. Sold 3 bucks worth of cards thus far, hopefully I can get a game or two from what I sell.

Did you miss the previous 20+ seasons? Or is this a remake of the show? :laugh:

It's a new show, yeah, its a remake. It's a way for new viewers to get acquainted to the Death of the Wallet, and after that, we can set the show up so that there are later arcs, such as the Rise of GabeN (Season 2), The Hat War (Season 3), Half-Life (Season ?)

Hey how is Amnesia: The Dark descent. Always wanted to play this game. Is it really only a hide and seek game? Is it full 3d or like Grimrock?

GO RED GO

They really botched the Teams thing, allowing people to buy tokens to switch. So everyone jumps on the winning team; basically pay to win, but that was really marketing genius. They're making big money from people buying cards and tokens trying to win this silly contest each day and the odds of being one of the 30 people to win games out of millions on each team, may as well just go buy some lottery tickets.

They really botched the Teams thing, allowing people to buy tokens to switch. So everyone jumps on the winning team; basically pay to win, but that was really marketing genius. They're making big money from people buying cards and tokens trying to win this silly contest each day and the odds of being one of the 30 people to win games out of millions on each team, may as well just go buy some lottery tickets.

People don't realise that being on the winning team doesn't earn you wish list games either. You need to be one of the highest point contributors to get those.

Being on the winning team nets you trading cards only.

It's funny, I have a wishlist of several games and throughout the "normal" period I'm rarely notified of a price drop, and if I am it is usually trivial. Steam sale season? Every single game except one is 25, 50 or 75% off  :laugh:

Click that funky Summer Adventure gameboard under Flash sales and then "try it out" (or something, I don't remember). You'll be randomly assigned.

Not that it matters. Unless you buy games and cards in metric tons and craft badges a crapload, you just stand there and watch the numbers. In absence of better things to do, apparently.

• Like 1

Games bought so far:

Shadowrun -$3.74

DMC- $12

Blood Dragon $3.74

and a whole bucket of Dota2 cosmetics, teehee! :D

wallet status so far: $13 left

• Like 1