Steam Summer Sale 2014

This is a reasonable budget, i have a similar spend in mind. Will not go overboard again.

My budget for a Steam sales is never over 50 or 60$.

Usually i can buy between 6 or 7 games with that which is a great deal.

• Like 1

Team Fortress 2 was released on October 9, 2007. It has been out for 6 years, 8 months and 7 days. During that time, the game has received many updates that have kept it alive. The fact that less and less people are playing it now shouldn't be a surprise. That doesn't necessarily mean Valve will completely ignore it. Maybe they have more updates planned but at the moment, they're focusing on Dota 2 and whatever unannounced projects they're working on (e.g. Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3).

Anyway, I don't plan on buying anything. I'm satisfied with Dota 2, Battlefield 4, and Metro: Last Light.

TF2 has at least one major content update in the pipeline, known as End of the Line. This is going to include a very major short as well. Along with this there is the upcoming update for which the fan term "Bread Update" has been coined, as suddenly some models of bread were added to the game, and they would randomly appear after a player teleports for a short amount of time.

So yes, that is at least one, possibly two major content updates on the way. New weapons have been confirmed for EotL as well.

My budget for a Steam sales is never over 50 or 60$.

Usually i can buy between 6 or 7 games with that which is a great deal.

That's good, you have self control. As i said, last year's sales were a huge wake up call. Realized just how much i was spending, and this was on the eve of some major financial obligations/issues. The sales are a true test of restraint, but the good thing is that the repeat rate is rising and they won't let you buy the same game twice :s

Going to get Portal 2. Other than that, I already have the two new Metro releases preordered, and nothing else interests me. The new Civilisation and Witcher games are far away for me to bother preordering them now.

If any of South Park The Stick of Truth, Wolfenstein, or Watch Dogs is at 50% or better off I'll be grabbing it. I dont have much hope for the latter 2 since they're so new, best they'll be is 25-33% off.

It's hard enough with the gog.com sale at the moment, bringing back all my initial gaming first steps

Me: Wallet, I don't want to ruin things with you already...

Wallet: What?

Me: The Steam Summer sale begins in two days.

(Wallet cries and runs away)

• Like 2

Now I need to go back through my list of first person shooters that I was interested in over the past year.  Never buy those single player FPS games new on PC.  Wait 4-6 months for a Steam sell and pick them up for $15-$30 as oppose to $60.  Glad I waited for BioShock Infinite last year.  I got it for $10 at the end of November.

Probably the game I'm most interested in at the moment is the new Wolfenstein game, but I doubt it will be on sale for this one.

Bioshock Infinite was just embarassing. An excellent, certainly ambitious release that within six months of launching was $10 on Steam and free on PS+. No wonder Levine got ###### and said no more.

If any of South Park The Stick of Truth, Wolfenstein, or Watch Dogs is at 50% or better off I'll be grabbing it. I dont have much hope for the latter 2 since they're so new, best they'll be is 25-33% off.

Too soon for any of those, 25% off would be nice on them. You can count on the entire AC catalogue to be available for low prices though, Liberation likely $5, Brotherhood and Revelations $10, AC3 $12 etc. Am interested in Liberation and Revelations myself. Otherwise can't really afford to spend much, there are other expenses, and have just committed to the $120 Twin Peaks Blu-ray collection.

I hope The Swapper will be on sale.

You can count on it, it's already been on sale before. Expect to pay a grand total of $2.49.

i wonder how good the sales would be if Microsoft allow would Steam to handle the xbox games sales?

Aaahahahahahaha!!!!

Yeah, like -that- will ever happen! :p

Im eager to try Watch Dogs now that we can improve graphic.. i'd be happy for a small discount.

Yep we finally have a good proof that copmpanies purposely dumb down PC games to make the console version looks good.

Every people who paid for the PC version should be refunded and should be able to keep the game.

Im eager to try Watch Dogs now that we can improve graphic.. i'd be happy for a small discount.

I don't see why you would financially support somebody that ######ed you up.