Judge Effectively Decriminalizes Polygamy in Utah

One women with more than one husband is called polyandry. Polyandry, however, seems to be pretty rare.

Yeah, I was just trying to ask if the idea was applied equally. Cheers.

Yeah, I was just trying to ask if the idea was applied equally. Cheers.

Most religions specifically profit women being with more than one man. Plenty of religious figures have had more than one wife, or harems, or multiple partners, etc.

Sounds like you guys have some apostates in the ranks to hunt down.

What "ranks" are you talking about?  There are no "atheist ranks", you know.  It's just a catch all term for people who don't believe in a god.  Their reasons for not believing, or what they DO believe, are up to them entirely. We're not a group, we're free thinking individuals who decide for OURSELVES what we believe.

While Atheism in itself is a lack of belief in God, sacred texts, religious acts of kindness, the people who believe in Atheism must have faith in order to believe there is no God. As I understand, when you believe that something is true, you put hope and trust in that idea, correct?

Huh? We don't "believe in atheism"... Are you dumb or something?  Atheism is not a belief system, there's nothing TO believe in. It's just a catch all term used to describe those who don't believe, just like "science" is a catch all term for the mechanism of learning about the world around us.

Most religions specifically profit women being with more than one man. Plenty of religious figures have had more than one wife, or harems, or multiple partners, etc.

Profit?

Ah! So the Catholic church are a bunch of whoremongers as well as kiddy fiddlers!  :p

to mean "kind of unsure, hasn't definitely decided either way, sitting on the fence"

so what is the proper term for them?

I found lots of them, the clearly agnostic but their a/theistic sense are closer to 'undecided' rather than faith or disbelief.

One women with more than one husband is called polyandry. Polyandry, however, seems to be pretty rare.

in case of Islam, a male with multiple female partners are legal, but reverse a female with multiple male partners are illegal.

While Atheism in itself is a lack of belief in God, sacred texts, religious acts of kindness, the people who believe in Atheism must have faith in order to believe there is no God. As I understand, when you believe that something is true, you put hope and trust in that idea, correct?

What are you talking about?

For an atheist to have faith as you describe it, you would have to have god appearing to you and talking to you on a regular basis, and then you stubbornly deny it all as a hallucination or figment of your own imagination each and every time.

I do trust that when I turn around there will be no flying pink unicorn in the house. However, keeping an open mind (unlike most Atheists that don't want to hear anything any religious person has to say) that if there was a unicorn behind me I would have to revise my faith in what I believed to be true. 

Any self-respecting atheist would immediately convert if they turned round and found god standing there. Haven't seen him yet.

Anyway, what you are describing is not faith -- faith is belief, in the absence of (compelling) evidence.

Unlike the last few extant gods that remain, no one, at least not with a straight face, is even attempting to put forward any evidence that flying pink unicorns exist, making it a non-issue.

Any self-respecting atheist would immediately convert if they turned round and found god standing there. Haven't seen him yet.

How would you recognise him?  If I turned around and someone was behind me I think they were trying to rob my house. If they were non-physical I would think I was having a psychotic break or something.

Profit?

Sorry, that was supposed to be prohibit. idk why I wrote profit.

so what is the proper term for them?

I found lots of them, the clearly agnostic but their a/theistic sense are closer to 'undecided' rather than faith or disbelief.

One could be Apatheist, essentially don't know, don't care if god(s) exist. Apathetic agnosticism is that no amount of debate can prove or disprove a gods' existence and if one does exist it/they  seem to be indifferent to human affairs. Apadeism is the position that even if a god was proven, your behaviour wouldn't change. Ignosticism is the position that there is no coherent definition of god therefore the term is meaningless. Frankly, I don't think anyone can be undecided or have absolutely no opinion. They just mightn't know how to describe their position, or be reluctant to.

The put it simply, there are shades and types of views about god, religion, its purpose, its value etc. Anyone who tells you "Atheists believe X" or "Atheists do Y because they are atheists" don't have a clue. They're usually working from the bigotry that their faith has instilled into them from a young age about atheists.

The put it simply, there are shades and types of views about god, religion, its purpose, its value etc. Anyone who tells you "Atheists believe X" or "Atheists do Y because they are atheists" don't have a clue. They're usually working from the bigotry that their faith has instilled into them from a young age about atheists.

I'm more of a... defiant agnostic atheist.  I don't believe in god, but if you can proof one exists, fine.  I'm still not going to bow down to it though, as I won't bend my knee to such a sadistic, malevolent monster as portrayed in the bible! :p

How would you recognise him?  If I turned around and someone was behind me I think they were trying to rob my house. If they were non-physical I would think I was having a psychotic break or something.

Easy. He would look like Bj?rn Borg and have holes in his hands.

Hopefully statewide laws on this wont be a per-religion inclusion basis as non religious folks will be discriminated - instead they should apply to all the same.

Nonreligious folks will have the most diverse marriages.