Why do I have to relogin after closing my web browser?

Why do cookies set by Neowin always expire at the end of session? It's utterly inconvenient and irksome.

Yes, I do mark the "Remember Me" checkbox before logging in.

It seems like "Remember Me" doesn't do anything.

Why do cookies set by Neowin always expire at the end of session? It's utterly inconvenient and irksome. Yes, I do mark the "Remember Me" checkbox before logging in. It seems like "Remember Me" doesn't do anything.

They don;t. Check your browser isn't gummed up.

Same. cookies are working fine here. Try clearing all browsing history, cookies, passwords saved. Then reload Neowin and login. BTW, why did you post 3 different threads? Can't all the issues be combined into one?

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1232007-why-are-forums-settings-disabled/#entry596604083

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1231151-mobile-sign-up-form-is-broken/#entry596604071

From the cookies manager in Firefox:

neowin.net : allow (= permanently, not just for a session)

neow.in : allow (= permanently,not just for a session)

I don't really understand if I can change anything else.

BTW, I've found out that a "neow.in" cookie expires in 2019 (which is correct).

However all "neowin.net" cookies are set to expire at the end of a session.

I'm baffled.

did you tick "remember me" when logging in? it should be ticked at default (requiring you to clear the checkbox) though.

BTW, I've found out that a "neow.in" cookie expires in 2019 (which is correct).

However all "neowin.net" cookies are set to expire at the end of a session.

I'm baffled.

this will happen if you don't have "remember me" ticked.. because that's what you are telling the site to do..

• Like 2

did you tick "remember me" when logging in? it should be ticked at default (requiring you to clear the checkbox) though.

this will happen if you don't have "remember me" ticked.. because that's what you are telling the site to do..

Yes, absolutely and it's indeed ticked. Like I mentioned earlier a neow.in cookie has a proper expiration date (very far in the future).

Others don't seem to have this issue, I suggest manually clearing the neowin cookies and see if that clears up the issue, or check any browser extensions that may modify what Neowin is allowed to do in any way.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I've now have a brand new Firefox 33 with no add-ons installed and a brand new profile.

Cookie name: expiration

OX_plg: At end of session

member_id: one year from now

pass_hash: a week from now

session_id: At end of session

Can anyone confirm that these are the right settings?

It has nothing to do with tweaking the cookie. Just ensure that "Remember me" is checked when you login to Neowin. That keeps you logged in, if you don't have that checked then you will be logged out after your browser session.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about all browsers, but in Firefox, you need to open Options, Privacy tab, Exceptions.

Type in www.neowin.net, then click Allow, Close, OK.

If I don't add these Exceptions, my bank keeps asking security questions, Dogpile does not remember my Preferences, and Neowin will keep asking me to Log-in.

post-37120-0-97980800-1416297679.png