Pack of teens beats man to death near Ferguson, but protests sparse

Zemir Begic was a teenager when he and his family fled Bosnia in the aftermath of a bloody civil war. In America, he found work, friends and love before a pack of thugs beat him to death with hammers on a city street in St. Louis early Sunday.

The horrific attack occurred in southwest St. Louis, just 20 miles from Ferguson, where a police shooting of a black man and a grand jury's subsequent decision not to indict the officer sparked violent riots. Police have arrested three teens and were looking for one or possibly two more in the brutal murder of Begic, 32. The married immigrant who was driving his car when the teens approached at a traffic light and began striking it with hammers, prompting him to get out and confront them, according to police.

On Monday evening, Robert Mitchell, 17, was charged as an adult with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death, KMOV-TV reported. Mitchell turned himself in late Sunday after 15- and 16-year-old suspects were taken into custody.

?We come from Bosnia because we were getting killed and our homes and families were getting destroyed,? Denisa Begic, his 23-year-old sister, of Sioux Falls, S.D, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. ?Never in my life did I think he would get murdered.?

Although the victim was white and the suspects black and Hispanic, police said it does not appear to have been a hate crime.

More...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/02/protests-sparse-after-pack-hammer-wielding-teens-beats-man-to-death-in-shadow/

Sounds like to me the whole area in and around Ferguson is unstable.  But it is only racist/hate crime if it a white person beating on a minority. 

Zemir Begic was a teenager when he and his family fled Bosnia in the aftermath of a bloody civil war. In America, he found work, friends and love before a pack of thugs beat him to death with hammers on a city street in St. Louis early Sunday.

The horrific attack occurred in southwest St. Louis, just 20 miles from Ferguson, where a police shooting of a black man and a grand jury's subsequent decision not to indict the officer sparked violent riots. Police have arrested three teens and were looking for one or possibly two more in the brutal murder of Begic, 32. The married immigrant who was driving his car when the teens approached at a traffic light and began striking it with hammers, prompting him to get out and confront them, according to police.

On Monday evening, Robert Mitchell, 17, was charged as an adult with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death, KMOV-TV reported. Mitchell turned himself in late Sunday after 15- and 16-year-old suspects were taken into custody.

?We come from Bosnia because we were getting killed and our homes and families were getting destroyed,? Denisa Begic, his 23-year-old sister, of Sioux Falls, S.D, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. ?Never in my life did I think he would get murdered.?

Although the victim was white and the suspects black and Hispanic, police said it does not appear to have been a hate crime.

More...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/02/protests-sparse-after-pack-hammer-wielding-teens-beats-man-to-death-in-shadow/

Sounds like to me the whole area in and around Ferguson is unstable.  But it is only racist/hate crime if it a white person beating on a minority. 

So sad. Thanks for posting though. 

Scum. This article makes no sense. This absolutely was a hate crime. I can't even think of a reason why it wouldn't be.

Because it was black on white.  White victims are never the recipient of a hate crime.

Sad story though.  :(

Seems to be quite a few immigrants that came here legally got killed recently for no real reason.  This is truly sad.  We can't protect the people that earned the right to live here and want to contribute.

White are never victims....  We all know that, it's only the poor black that are victims.

He was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time, that's all....  :wacko:

More...

after the first hammer came out i would of just hit the gas , if one of them got hit oh well , they would of learned not to do that again

• Like 1

GUYS, they were CHARGED AND ARRESTED....the same wasn't true in the previous situations, Thats why you protest. 

If they did get off on some kind of technicality, do you think hoards of white people would protest?

If they did get off on some kind of technicality, do you think hoards of white people would protest?

I think hoards of 'people' would protest.

Just put em in front of a grand jury and let the good old system take its course.

This is very similar to the Steven Utash beating in Detroit earlier this year, but he lived - barely. The only one of the crowd charged with a hate crime there was a juvenile who bartered the charge down. Should have been everyone who laid hands on him.

This 'whites can't be bias victims' business has been pervasive at the Federal level and working its way down since Eric Holder took over as US Attorney General. The Feds often set the tone on such matters.

One of the first things he did was dismiss Federal voter intimidation charges against two New Black Panthers, who in 2008 were threatening non-black voters at a Philadelphia voting station with billy clubs while they shouted racial slurs.

Now that Holder's leaving maybe this will go with him.

What was going through the attackers minds?

"Oh I have an Idea lets all get hammers and the first man we see we're going to beat him to death"

There is no motive behind the attack. Its ridiculous.

You can bet if this was a black man and a bunch of white people beat the crap out of someone/killed them...it would be labeled racist and a hate crime.  Reverend (and I use that term loosely) Jackson would be bitching on TV along with Al Sharpton.

I am not denying racism is a problem in the US.  It is.  But not every issue is racist or even close to it.  Some people are just evil bad people and a lot of it comes from how they are taught to treat others.  And depending on where you go in this world, any race can be subject of racism.  My sister speaks spanish fluently and is as white as they get.  She doesnt tan.  You wouldn't believe the crap Mexicans in Mexico and various parts of the US talk concerning the US/white people...and how shocked they are when my sister turns around and talks back to them in their own language.

GUYS, they were CHARGED AND ARRESTED....the same wasn't true in the previous situations, Thats why you protest. 

Please refer to the OP's portion in bold for the issue at hand.

St. Louis? Bosnian community sees hammer murder as hate crime

Insistence by St. Louis officials that the beating death of a Bosnian man was not a hate crime is being met with skepticism and anger, according to leaders of the city's 70,000-strong Bosnian community, and the victim's brother is calling on authorities to "investigate every possible motive."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/03/where-outrage-st-louis-bosnian-community-sees-hammer-murder-as-hate-crime/

What I find...funny...is these so called human rights activists mostly center around a specific group of people/race when the should be supporting human rights for everyone.

• Like 2

The guy is white so it's clearly not trendy for his kind to complain of anything.

Media doesn't care unless you're a "victimized female" or a different race than white. Then, a man threatening to kill becomes "that poor kid with a great future", even though he robbed someone at gunpoint some time before.