• No, it's creeping me out
    • No, it's bored to the death
  2. 2. Is this possible to happen?

• Yes, why not? We all know who Satya Nadella is
    • No. Microsoft still has a brain which is still working fine
  3. 3. Do you want this to be happened?

• Yes, it would be great for both competitiveness and Microsoft
    • No, WTH the question is that?

Microsoft Releases Windows 10 for iOS and Android, Windows Phone Planned for Next Year

Microsoft today publicly released Windows 10 for iOS and Android. Bringing its latest operating system to non-Microsoft platforms, Windows 10 allows customers everywhere to take full advantage of the advancements in Microsoft's latest, most secure, operating system. Additionally, Windows 10 for iOS and Android comes with a free, 1 year license of Office 365.

Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, stated that his vision for the new Microsoft is nearly complete, and that the

We live in a Mobile First, Cloud First world. We want Windows to be ubiquitous. We want to make money. By making Windows 10 to work across all platforms, we are taking steps to meet business customers and consumers where they are today, no matter where they choose to work and play.

Microsoft's Corporate VP for Cloud and Enterprise, Brad Anderson, had this to say

All jokes aside what if MS made Windows 10 for phones available to a number of old Android devices that are left behind, forever stuck on v4.1 or v4.2 and so on? Just put out a few ROMs and let the community tinker, the OS is free now anyways.

• Like 2

What's the point of installing Windows 10 on an iPad or an Android device?

Doesn't it just become a Windows tablet at that point when you install window?

Or does the OP mean that both OS's would run at the same time?

I don't get it!

Meh

Welcome to 9 years ago.

My thoughts exactly. And the whole Windows for iOS/Andriod makes me think the author doesn't know the difference between an operating system and hardware. You can't release Windows for iOS/Andriod... they are operating systems themselves. You can release Windows for ARM and they already did that... Windows RT and Windows phone. Maybe what the author really wants is a software layer like wine or bluestacks that allows you to run apps from these other OSs on windows. Or perhaps a hypervisor that would allow you to run iOS or Andriod in a virtual machine on a windows PC with something like VMware's unity so the application behaves like it's running on the base OS (windows) so you don't have to switch to the VM.

WIndows on a Chromebook is nothing magical either... probably just a lack of proper drivers, and maybe a locked UEFI. You can already boot a Chromebook to linux. Ubuntu had a linux image for the Nexus 7 and 10. Without doing any research I'd venture to bet the OEMs that build Chromebooks probably have a Windows laptop for sale that uses almost the exact same hardware configurations... well, at least the Intel Chromebooks.

... ANS THEN THEY ALL DIED!!!

and michael bay produced and directed the whole thing. complete with explosions and ######!

• Like 2