Google+ officially splits into Photos and Streams

Google+ officially splits into Photos and Streams

Future of Hangouts still uncertain

Google is splitting Google+ apart, breaking the social network's photo element away from what it's now calling "Streams." Bradley Horowitz, a longtime Google VP of product, announced that he had become the new lead for both new products, Google Photos and Streams, in a post on Google+ today. Horowitz steps into the role vacated by David Besbris, who took over the top job at Google+ less than a year ago.

Horowitz says that he's now running Google's Photos and Streams products

whats up with neowin that says Google+ is dead but infact photos and hangouts are split from the service.

and there are all these stupid people who never look at the article and go straight to comments section

ah so google plus as a social network is no longer?

Nope. It was always called stream. but it had additional features like Hangouts and Photos

but now the Hangouts and photos are split from Google +

Ok I am now officially lost...

Nope. It was always called stream. but it had additional features like Hangouts and Photos

but now the Hangouts and photos are split from Google +

Ok I am now officially lost...

The Google+ had 3 features 1.Social networking 2.Photos 3.Hangouts

now Photos and hangouts is going away from G+ and it will be INDEPENDENT service.

In other words, Google+ is being broken up into it's three components.  They will each fail or succeed on their own.  As a single social network like Facebook it's dead.  It's now more like Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp...

I'm all for this break up. I like all the three parts of the current G+, but when using any of them I never felt that the other two were actually necessary (or even actually related) to my interaction with that app.

I use G+ for the communities, but I don't use hangouts to interact nor share my galleries with them.

Hangouts has a lot of potential, and I think it's development has been lagging because of the constrains of it's association with G+ as a whole. IM apps are either almost ubiquitous or nearly irrelevant, and there's no way you can get all your contacts aboard if the service has strings attached (it's hard enough already to be relevant without those, just ask Telegram).

It's now more like Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp...

G+ (the social network part of it) has always been a bit more like Twitter than Facebook, maybe more as a natural development than by design: you won't usually get a steady (if existent at all) stream of posts from contacts, it's more likely that you'll associate with like minded people through communities or follow people who's post you find interesting.

why an't they just leave something alone... plox it's hard on us webmasters and PR people!! we gotta change stuff everytime google decides to change clothes more then a woman and more than taylor swift changes boyfriends.

In other words, Google+ is being broken up into it's three components.  They will each fail or succeed on their own.  As a single social network like Facebook it's dead.  It's now more like Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp...

I don't see Hangouts failing, it's basically Androids version of iMessage and it's awesome.

what about the G+ dependancy on youtube???  that is gonna eff stuff up!!!

but it will jack with accounts... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also tons of services I use rely on G+ logins besides YT!!! the site owners now got TONS of work on thier hands and all this for....

NOTHING! just becuase google wants to change thier damn minds again!

Bored hipsters shouldn't run this kinda stuff