Steam Is Now Offering Refunds

Got refused my refund for Space Engineers, I hate the game as it pales in comparison to KSP, but I had a game time over 2 hours.

I actually used it for a refund for Wild Hunt. I bought it, but my laptop couldn't run it smoothly. The experience was just awful. So I asked for a refund, and got it within a few hours. It was pretty smooth, actually.

The downside though is that I paid with a credit card, but they only refunded space money to my Steam Wallet. I'll probably use it all eventually, but it's still annoying. It would have been nice to get the money back on my card instead.

thats bad.  store credit is not a refund. 

was the explanation given, or is it their standart "refund" policy?     i mean it is definitely better then before, but it is a return policy, not a refund policy, if such.

Managed to get a refund on LOTR, thought it was a crap hack and slash.

did you get cash (visa or such) back?  or was it a steam wallet credit?

You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week of approval. You will receive the refund in Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase. If, for any reason, Steam is unable to issue a refund via your initial payment method, your Steam Wallet will be credited the full amount. (Some payment methods available through Steam in your country may not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. Click here for a full list.)

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

For US:

Some payment methods available through Steam do not support refunding a purchase back to the original payment method. For these purchases, refunds can only be issued to the user's Steam Wallet.

In your country, the following payment methods support refunds:

• PayPal
  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • JCB

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds_methods

• Like 1

Hmm if Visa is a supported refund option, I'm not sure why I got Wallet funds instead...

Might be worth checking with Visa and asking them if Steam tried to refund. If they didn't, you get to yell at Valve! :p

Might be worth checking with Visa and asking them if Steam tried to refund. If they didn't, you get to yell at Valve! :p

Oh man, that's pretty dangerous if I do get to yell at them. I've been holding in a lot of resentment because of HL3.

• Like 1

Oh man, that's pretty dangerous if I do get to yell at them. I've been holding in a lot of resentment because of HL3.

Dooo eeeeet! For all of us who once wished HL3 could be a thing.  Whilst your at it, go visit them and steal all of Gabe's donuts!

Seems refunds couldn't have come at a better time* considering the Arkham Knight disaster. Now companies can't just pump out garbage and say FU to the consumer.

*Except for the fact it should have existed years ago

• 4 weeks later...

Requested a refund for Prototype 2 because it doesn't run, gave good detailed explanation that it sucks ass and doesn't run. Got rejected because it was 2 weeks in. That is one hell of a useless refund system. I am ###### off. You may be thinking - "well you should have played the game you bought during the steam summer sale sooner" - all 20 something of them.

Problem with this ######,

1. Buy 10 games during a Steam Sale. Lets say 50GB each. 500 GB total. Assume that 1 or 2 games doesn't work.

A. Your ISP doesn't allow you to download 500 GB of data a month.

B. Your internet connection is too slow.

C. You only play and install a game at a time.

D. You buy to play when you feel like it. (It was on sale!)

I fit into A, B, C, and D.

EDIT: Does GOG / Origin offer a refund system?

I don't really see why the 2 week thing is even there. It should just depend on playtime. 

Agreed. I wanted to refund Resident Evil: Revelations 2. I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the game compared to the 1st. I couldn't get into the game and was also experiencing performance issues. Revelations 2 has worse optimization and performance than it's predecessor. I purchased the game back in February before refunds were offered. I have under an hour play time. Got denied via the automated refund system and denied again when I created a ticket. -_-

Besides that I have capped data @ 10GB /mo due to there being no other option where I live except satellite or overpriced mobile data w/ hefty overages. Sometimes I purchase multiple games at once and download them when I can. I don't have a laptop and public wifi is usually restricted as is the library where executing apps is forbidden, computers there are inadequately equipped. I have no way to any of these with public wifi not being within walking distance.  A six month window for refunds should be standard which would not only give ample time to download, play & test it would cover any purchase made in 2015. As it stands the six month window is on a case by case basis and you will often be denied if the request falls outside the two week window regardless of circumstances. Besides, I don't want to hop right on hastily requesting a refund and give the developer a chance to patch and fix issues. If they don't make good then request a refund.