22-year-old college student blows her $90,000 college fund and blames her parents

Listened to the rest of the interview, she totally didn't realize she was a spoiled brat. I applaud the parents for not giving her any more money. BUT

I will say the parents might be at fault as well for raising her this way. Chances are growing up she was one of those kids that always got her way, probably got a fancy new car for her first car and hasn't actually worked for anything. 

As easy as it is to blame her, I am betting the parents didn't do a great job raising her.

Now she just needs to own up to the fact that her parents aren't those same parents she had early in life and they are not gonna bail her out out this one. She pretty much said she thought it wasn't fair because she knows they have a lot of money. 

Listened to the rest of the interview, she totally didn't realize she was a spoiled brat. I applaud the parents for not giving her any more money. BUT

I will say the parents might be at fault as well for raising her this way. 

I agreed that the parents are at fault for raising her like this but she is an adult and needs to pay the consequences of her actions. That will teach her a lesson. If she needs to prostitute herself to pay off that $20,000 dollars, oh well... that's her problem.

That's nothing... I own $145,000 dollars in student loans... I have 10 more years to pay it off.

You also picked to go to that school... First thing I did before college was think what do I want to do, next who has a good program, and finally what do they cost... ranged from $25,000 for 4yr B.S. degree to $400,000 for a B.S. degree... and they taught the same stuff, guess which one I picked :rofl:  I don't like when people like "her" complain about money, they picked where to go. I'm sure when you signed up you knew what the costs would be and didn't just go eh someone else will pay for it *LOL*

I'm sure when you signed up you knew what the costs would be and didn't just go eh someone else will pay for it *LOL*

The only one paying off for the loans is me sir... I will be paying off the total amount in 10 years. It is my responsibility and I am taking care of it. Not freeloaded my friend. My salary is paying off the debt.

The only one paying off for the loans is me sir... I will be paying off the total amount in 10 years. It is my responsibility and I am taking care of it. Not freeloaded my friend. My salary is paying off the debt.

yep, but she was more of the someone else's paying for it mind... those people need slapped...

we started a fund for our kids college, but our hitch is they won't know about it until they graduate... after that we can say oh by the way, here's payment for it... we worked our butts off to save and invest it for you, you worked your butt off through college so here's your reward.. I think when kids know there is a fund they don't care... I have no problem with saving money for kids college obviously, but I think they should be left out of that loop to figure out life for themselves first...  help them get their loan, etc learn from the experience, get a part time job pay for it themselves as they go etc... after they did all the hard work, reward them

I love coming to my favorite tech site and having to browse through ###### like this that has NOTHING to do with tech...

If you want to stick to the technical discussions, why not just stick to those forums? This is called the "General and Off-topic Discussion" area for precisely that reason - it isn't strictly tech-based.

I love coming to my favorite tech site and having to browse through ###### like this that has NOTHING to do with tech...

On the main page click on Community Activity and then on the right side you can filter out recent posts from forums you don't want to see.

Only a woman can make such mistakes and get away with it. It's like society knows they will be dealing with a naturalistic nutcase so they let it slip away and back her up.

Only a dumb ass dude like yourself could make a moronic comment like this... This is not a gender issue! She is not getting away with anything and still has the bill due.

On the main page click on Community Activity and then on the right side you can filter out recent posts from forums you don't want to see.

I did not know that, thanks :D  ... ah now I can enjoy peaceful ignorance of stupid people..... I'm sure that made sense in some language