US Marines prevent French train massacre

Received this email at work today...thought I'd share (basically...doesn't matter who you are and what you do ... acting on instinct can mean the difference between life and a massacre).

Team MDG,

If you haven't seen the news this weekend. There was an attempted terrorist
attack on a high speed train in France on Friday.  The gunman had an AK-47,
an automatic pistol, hundreds of round of ammo and box cutter.  The attack
was thwarted by three American and a British civilian.  One of the Americans
was A1C Spencer Stone, a  4N/Aerospace Medical Service Technician assigned
to the (removed).

A1C Stone woke from a deep sleep to see the gunman attempting to load his
rifle.  The three American jumped into action. During the scuffle, A1C Stone
had his thumb nearly cut off by the gunman, wielding the box cutter.  Stone
and the others ended up subduing, but not before the gunman got off a few
rounds.

With the gunman now subdued. A1C Stone continued to render aid. With his
thumb nearly severed, he is also credited with saving a French-American
teacher wounded in the neck with a gunshot wound and squirting blood. Stone
described matter-of-factly that he "just stuck two of my fingers in his hole
and found what I thought to be the artery, pushed down and the bleeding
stopped." He said he kept the position until paramedics arrived, apparently
in Arras.

I bring this up to point out; you don't have to be a Marine or Special
Forces to have the will to fight and protect other. Even as medics you could
be put into a position, where being aware of your surrounding and acting on
instinct can mean the difference between life and death.  The Air Force
Medic, who chose to do something vs. doing nothing, kept this gunman from
being successful and killing dozens, if not hundreds of people.

If you wish to read more on the incident here is one of many articles.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-airman-says-train-attacker-ready-to-f
ight-to-the-end/ar-BBm1oT2?ocid=ansmsnnews11

A1C Stone is also being submitted for the Airman's Medal ... which is the Air Force's highest medal for non-combat actions.

How do you propose we do that? He hadn't broken any laws up to the point he decided to become a killer.  Do you want us to lock up anyone who doesn't believe in the right god, or come from the right country, or have the right colour skin? That's a dangerous road to walk down.

Well when anyone who has gone to Syria to train with ISIS comes back into your country, you should capture them or revoke their citizenship.

Well when anyone who has gone to Syria to train with ISIS comes back into your country, you should capture them or revoke their citizenship.

How do you tell the difference between someone who has escaped probable death at the hands of ISIS, or someone who's part of ISIS? 

You monitor them closer than what the French and EU were apparently doing. That and we get over taking refugees from the ME when there are countries there not doing zip to protect their own region from these kinds of things. If they really wanted to the Turks, Egyptians and Saudis could put together a multinational force and end IS in a month. So far all I see is marginal actions and talk.

You monitor them closer than what the French and EU were apparently doing. That and we get over taking refugees from the ME when there are countries there not doing zip to protect their own region from these kinds of things. If they really wanted to the Turks, Egyptians and Saudis could put together a multinational force and end IS in a month. So far all I see is marginal actions and talk.

So we monitor anyone with dark skin and  a beard more closely. because they're all potentially terrorists. then we get nationalist and homegrown terrorists so we monitor them. and then we have everyone tell on each other for suspicius activites that fall outside the state mandated code of behaviour and then we send anyone suspicious to the secret police for torture and permanent jail because, it's safer to lock them away, they could be bad eggs...

• Like 1

How do you tell the difference between someone who has escaped probable death at the hands of ISIS, or someone who's part of ISIS? 

Nobody is going to Syria for vacation these days.

Nobody is going to Syria for vacation these days.

Disregarding part of ISIS hate speech against the west, after the US and friends blew up their pretty well working country and government and replaced it with a bunch of different clans that hate each other and terrorists. Is it fair to label anyone who goes to Syria to fight for an Islamic state in their home country a terrorist when they don't hate the west, they have no intention of fighting in the west or doing any terror ?