Cops hunt 3 suspects in shooting of Illinois police officer

A police officer who was shot Tuesday morning has died, Fox News confirmed, and a community an hour north of Chicago was on lockdown as a massive manhunt for three armed and dangerous suspects continued

Helicopters were circling above Fox Lake, Ill., and every law enforcement agency from the area, along with a regional SWAT team and K-9 units were hunting for three suspects after the police officer was shot and killed around 8 a.m. local time. 

The area being searched by police, in the northeastern portion of the state, was described as wooded and rural. The three suspects were involved in a traffic stop with the officer earlier Tuesday. Two male suspects are white and one is black, according to Lake County Sheriff's Det. Chris Covelli.

Police in northern Illinois say a manhunt is underway after an officer was shot and killed while pursuing a group of suspicious men.

The officer radioed in Tuesday morning to tell dispatchers he was chasing three men on foot, but communication was lost shortly after, according to Covelli.

"His backup arrived shortly thereafter and found him injured with a gunshot wound," Covelli said. "The officer has succumbed to his injuries and passed away."

Undersheriff Raymond Rose told the Chicago Tribune that the officer was stripped of his gun and other equipment.

More.....
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01/manhunt-on-for-gunman-after-cop-reportedly-killed-in-chicago/?intcmp=hpbt1

With the downright execution of the Texas Sheriff's deputy who was shot in the back of the head while pumping gas BLM's rogue disciples are off to a helluva week. When can we expect Sharpton, Obama etc. at a cops funeral? Protesting Cop Lives Matter? A Justice Dept. investigation into BLM's "pigs fry" rhetoric in a march hours after the Sheriff Deputies death? Etc?

Hmmmm....<crickets>

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/19/sheriff-david-clarke-slams-black-lives-matter-hannity-says-they-should-protest-black

Black sheriff david Clarke speaks the truth about these killings. I'd venture to say that this will be another black lives matter racist killing. watch the video. be fair to yourself because Sheriff Clarke is black and is VERY intelligent and articulate

• Like 2

BTW: Sheriff David Clarke is a black Democrat who, like Detroit's Police Chief James Craig, pulls no punches. 

I tip my hat to you. I didn't know but really don't care if he is democrat or GOP. He's VERY good and very right.

Yes, this black lives matter is getting a bit out of hand.  While once it may have had a valid argument ... as soon as their rhetoric directly or indirectly led to innocent cops getting killed ... game over.  

Sheriff Clarke, I believe, spoke very eloquently and pretty much summarizes my view point on this "movement".

...and another interview with him.

• Like 3

I tip my hat to you. I didn't know but really don't care if he is democrat or GOP. He's VERY good and very right.

Get used to him, he may be the next Mayor of Milwaukee.

FTR: I'll vote for a Democtrat who has his head screwed on straight & tight,  but they're in very, very short supply. 

You should care, the Left will start calling him an Uncle Tom as soon as he ruffles the feathers of the right Democrat, if you think they are mean to the Right, just weait to see how they treat "one of their own" when he goes off script and starts talking sense and reason 

• Like 2

Get used to him, he may be the next Mayor of Milwaukee.

FTR: I'll vote for a Democtrat who has his head screwed on straight & tight,  but they're in very, very short supply. 

Hannity asked him to run for president and he said he was happy being sheriff. can't blame him.

You should care, the Left will start calling him an Uncle Tom as soon as he ruffles the feathers of the right Democrat, if you think they are mean to the Right, just weait to see how they treat "one of their own" when he goes off script and starts talking sense and reason 

they say that about Ben carson, a HIGHLY educated brain surgeon. what gets me, is that a black man like himself made a life for himself while the ignorant masses want to deride him for not toeing the "black line". It had to be hard to go against people of your own race and not get called something. I think all lives matter. and sheriff clarke was right, they should be more worried about black on black crime which is much much worse.

Being a police officer isn't really that dangerous of a job... It needs to be said. Being a trash man, or a roofer, is by far more dangerous. Police don't even make the top ten in America. 

The police militarize themselves, and they do kill innocent people, and they do break jaws, and wrists, and paralyze citizens over minor infractions where there was no threat to themselves or anyone else. They harass citizens over minor infractions, and use the citizens to pay jurisdictions' bills through fines and fees with threats of warrants and jail times for those unable to pay.

The officer might have been a great guy, and he should not have been killed in any case, but the police don't have clean hands in this. It's not as if they didn't have a role in bringing this atmosphere of hostility towards them on.

Being a police officer isn't really that dangerous of a job... It needs to be said. Being a trash man, or a roofer, is by far more dangerous. Police don't even make the top ten in America. 

The police militarize themselves, and they do kill innocent people, and they do break jaws, and wrists, and paralyze citizens over minor infractions where there was no threat to themselves or anyone else. They harass citizens over minor infractions, and use the citizens to pay jurisdictions' bills through fines and fees with threats of warrants and jail times for those unable to pay.

The officer might have been a great guy, and he should not have been killed in any case, but the police don't have clean hands in this. It's not as if they didn't have a role in bringing this atmosphere of hostility towards them on.

But you're running off the premise one bad apple spoils them all. that's not true. NYPD is notoriously the worst or one of the worst and I'm a Reno/Sparks resident and know this. 

Now bear with me but I saw a Video on Alex Jones website( not talking about his rants or conspiracies) but a raw video of a police trainign session whereby the teacher said that the founding fathers were terrorists. Cops ar eshooting people who call themselves sovereign citizens or even a person who loves and believes in the constitution. But yes, some cops are bad and they need to be flushed. But not all are bad.

But you're running off the premise one bad apple spoils them all. that's not true. NYPD is notoriously the worst or one of the worst and I'm a Reno/Sparks resident and know this. 

Now bear with me but I saw a Video on Alex Jones website( not talking about his rants or conspiracies) but a raw video of a police trainign session whereby the teacher said that the founding fathers were terrorists. Cops ar eshooting people who call themselves sovereign citizens or even a person who loves and believes in the constitution. But yes, some cops are bad and they need to be flushed. But not all are bad.

I know some police officers, and they're all great guys. I would be devastated to hear one of them was killed or even injured on the job. But, there are more than a few bad apples in the rank and file. I hear stories, and the police shooting of the man with his hands up in Texas, or the officer who shot a man in handcuffs at point blank in the groin because they exchanged words, aren't isolated instances of just the few bad apples behaving badly. There is an institutional problem in most of the police forces in America. We're just hearing more of what happens on a regular basis because of the mainstream attention it's gotten and because of the phone videos that are becoming prevalent.

A large problem in the police forces that's not being discussed in the mainstream is that many soldiers who were in Afghanistan and Iraq, and may or may not have seen combat, have come home and become police over the last decade plus. Many of them have not handled the stress and difficulties, and power and authority, of being a police officer well. They were conditioned by the military to police a warzone, kill combatants, and eliminate threats first, then later to police citizens, and many of them have basically combined the two trainings. However, it's not just veterans, but many people who become police officers do not handle those aspects of being a police officer well.

That is a very naive thing to say.  Last I check roofs or trash didn't shoot at the roofers or trashmen.  Usually accidents results in serious injury or death is because of the person's mistake.  It is also the "innocent people" that shouldn't escalate situations with cops...forcing them into regrettable circumstances.  You are trying to lump police as a whole because of a few bad cops (which undoubtedly there are some...as with any profession).

I think some might confuse the terms terrorist and rebels (the founding fathers certainly were rebels).  Terrorist promotes their cause by striking fear into ordinary lives of citizens of a country.  The founding fathers really didn't have a way of doing that (they didn't attack England) ... and their attacks were political, commercial and armed resistance against the "status quo" in the colonies.  The British probably saw the founding fathers as terrorists (if the term goes back that far which I don't think it does).  

I know some police officers, and they're all great guys. I would be devastated to hear one of them was killed or even injured on the job. But, there are more than a few bad apples in the rank and file. I hear stories, and the police shooting of the man with his hands up in Texas, or the officer who shot a man in handcuffs at point blank in the groin because they exchanged words, aren't isolated instances of just the few bad apples behaving badly. There is an institutional problem in most of the police forces in America. We're just hearing more of what happens on a regular basis because of the mainstream attention it's gotten and because of the phone videos that are becoming prevalent.

A large problem in the police forces that's not being discussed in the mainstream is that many soldiers who were in Afghanistan and Iraq, and may or may not have seen combat, have come home and become police over the last decade plus. Many of them have not handled the stress and difficulties, and power and authority, of being a police officer well. They were conditioned by the military to police a warzone, kill combatants, and eliminate threats first, then later to police citizens, and many of them have basically combined the two trainings. However, it's not just veterans, but many people who become police officers do not handle those aspects of being a police officer well.

I agree with you. What I should have emphasized is that a lot of departments have bad apples that make the bigger group look bad. Some have no morals or ego trips. But losing one to a senseless crime is just a testimony that our society has debased to new lows

That is a very naive thing to say.  Last I check roofs or trash didn't shoot at the roofers or trashmen.  Usually accidents results in serious injury or death is because of the person's mistake.  It is also the "innocent people" that shouldn't escalate situations with cops...forcing them into regrettable circumstances.  You are trying to lump police as a whole because of a few bad cops (which undoubtedly there are some...as with any profession).

I think some might confuse the terms terrorist and rebels (the founding fathers certainly were rebels).  Terrorist promotes their cause by striking fear into ordinary lives of citizens of a country.  The founding fathers really didn't have a way of doing that (they didn't attack England) ... and their attacks were political, commercial and armed resistance against the "status quo" in the colonies.  The British probably saw the founding fathers as terrorists (if the term goes back that far which I don't think it does).  

Trash may not shoot back, but it happens to kill many more trash men every year than the criminals shooting at police. That's just a fact. Whether you want to dismiss it as naïve is up to you.

117 police officers died on the job last year. Studies show that 125-150 police officers kill themselves every year.

In the first 24 days of 2015, police in the US fatally shot more people (59) than police did in England and Wales, combined, over the past 24 years (55).

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries

untitled.png

A little perspective please?

England and Wales have at best 53 million people between them. The US is closing in on 325 million, and as many have said here previously our gang violence problem makes theirs look like a grade school fight. This causes cops to be hypervigilant, almost like soldiers in a war zone because some areas are exactly that, and as this OP shows they often work with bullseyes on their backs.

In short, that Guardian graphic it's not a valid comparison. At all.

A little perspective please?

England and Wales have at best 53 million people between them. The US is closing in on 325 million, and as many have said here previously our gang violence problem makes theirs look like a grade school fight. This causes cops to be hypervigilant, almost like soldiers in a war zone because some areas are exactly that, and as this OP shows they often work with bullseyes on their backs.

In short, that Guardian graphic it's not a valid comparison. At all.

Police hating fools have been using that "statistic" since Ferguson, pretty sure the op has no idea of it's lack of relevance or bias, it just "looks cool" 

Police say woman's lie diverted manhunt for Illinois officer's killers

Police searching for the suspected killers of an Illinois officer said early Thursday that the manhunt was diverted by a woman who lied about seeing two suspicious men near the scene of the murder.

Kristin Kiefer, 30, has been charged with disorderly conduct and falsifying a police report. Authorities said she was being held at the Lake County jail pending a bond hearing. 

Police said they responded to a 911 call made by Kiefer at approximately 9:20 p.m. local time Wednesday in Volo, about 5 miles south of Fox Lake, where Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was fatally shot Tuesday after he pursued three suspicious men into a swamp. 

Kiefer told police she had pulled over to the side of the road with car trouble when she saw two men, one white and one black, near a cornfield. She claimed they tried to get into her car, but fled because they feared she was going to call the police. 

Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Christopher Covelli says about 85 federal, state and local law enforcement officials responded to the scene after Kiefer's report. They were joined by 11 police dogs and three air support units in the search, which lasted approximately five hours.

Police said Kiefer initially insisted that her account was true, but later admitted that she had lied. She said she was seeking attention from a family that employs her as a nanny and that she chose the location because it was close to where Gliniewicz had been shot. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/03/police-say-woman-lie-diverted-manhunt-for-illinois-officer-killers/?intcmp=hpbt3

Police searching for the suspected killers of an Illinois officer said early Thursday that the manhunt was diverted by a woman who lied about seeing two suspicious men near the scene of the murder.

Kristin Kiefer, 30, has been charged with disorderly conduct and falsifying a police report. Authorities said she was being held at the Lake County jail pending a bond hearing. 

Police said they responded to a 911 call made by Kiefer at approximately 9:20 p.m. local time Wednesday in Volo, about 5 miles south of Fox Lake, where Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was fatally shot Tuesday after he pursued three suspicious men into a swamp. 

Kiefer told police she had pulled over to the side of the road with car trouble when she saw two men, one white and one black, near a cornfield. She claimed they tried to get into her car, but fled because they feared she was going to call the police. 

Lake County Sheriff's Sgt. Christopher Covelli says about 85 federal, state and local law enforcement officials responded to the scene after Kiefer's report. They were joined by 11 police dogs and three air support units in the search, which lasted approximately five hours.

Police said Kiefer initially insisted that her account was true, but later admitted that she had lied. She said she was seeking attention from a family that employs her as a nanny and that she chose the location because it was close to where Gliniewicz had been shot. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/03/police-say-woman-lie-diverted-manhunt-for-illinois-officer-killers/?intcmp=hpbt3

She needs to go away for a while.  Then on the day she is to be released the jail can say ... "we lied...you're staying with us a bit longer" 

• Like 2

even joe biggs of alex jones admitted she's being charged for criminal mischief.. for real? treat her as one of those suspects now.

https://youtu.be/GyYIca92PNI

She needs to go away for a while.  Then on the day she is to be released the jail can say ... "we lied...you're staying with us a bit longer" 

Bill her for the costs of responding to her false 911 call.