Apple is in a freefall.

It's interesting to see how the fact that Apple stock is currently in a freefall and right now about 20% of their market value has evaporated in about a week. Why is there no reporting on this? Apple stock is actually now in the red for the year and not by a little.

They lost about $160B, more than some other 'big'companies such as Nike and IBM are worth in total.

It is predicted that the sales of mobile phone is/will be in decline overall and already we are seeing Apple suppliers adjusting their forecasts and revenue predictions. Since Apple basically has one egg (iPhone) in one basket (mobile phones) and seeing how this basket seem to be starting to fall apart somewhat, the chance of the egg cracking is not unrealistic.

But then, I did say about three years ago that Apple would be down and possibly out in five, so with two year s to go on that it looks like it has begun. Apple has no fallback as Mac is a niche product by now,  iPad is slipping, Apple Watch is all but irrelevant and Apple Pay is basically a failure. Next will probably be Apple Music which, while it being made to appear as if 8 million subscribers is a lot, is really not even close to Spotify.

And so it begins, the wheels are coming off and no electric car will help prevent that. The second time Apple comes apart once Steve Jobs leaves but this time though he is not coming back, despite what some may think, he was just an arrogant but bright man with a plan.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, paulheu said:

It's interesting to see how the fact that Apple stock is currently in a freefall and right now about 20% of their market value has evaporated in about a week. Why is there no reporting on this? Apple stock is actually now in the red for the year and not by a little.

They lost about $160B, more than some other 'big'companies such as Nike and IBM are worth in total.

It is predicted that the sales of mobile phone is/will be in decline overall and already we are seeing Apple suppliers adjusting their forecasts and revenue predictions. Since Apple basically has one egg (iPhone) in one basket (mobile phones) and seeing how this basket seem to be starting to fall apart somewhat, the chance of the egg cracking is not unrealistic.

But then, I did say about three years ago that Apple would be down and possibly out in five, so with two year s to go on that it looks like it has begun. Apple has no fallback as Mac is a niche product by now,  iPad is slipping, Apple Watch is all but irrelevant and Apple Pay is basically a failure. Next will probably be Apple Music which, while it being made to appear as if 8 million subscribers is a lot, is really not even close to Spotify.

And so it begins, the wheels are coming off and no electric car will help prevent that. The second time Apple comes apart once Steve Jobs leaves but this time though he is not coming back, despite what some may think, he was just an arrogant but bright man with a plan.

Umm...

4 minutes ago, Nik L said:

Rambling nonsense with no source.  I'm no apple fan, but I'm also not a fan of conjecture posted as fact.

Agreed, I have no love for apple, but even I'll stand up and call this bs until proven wrong , hell anyone can make a congecture statement about anything, and be 'accurate' given the timeframes op estimated.

Not to meantion Steve Jobs didn't leave the second time, he died. Unless I'm living in an alternate reality, and it was Bill Gates who died in this timeline

• Like 1

For those of you who are in doubt go to "Google", and you might just change your mind. . .there appears to be some truth in the statement. . .

Apple is the new (and worse) Microsoft To channel SJ , its like the air we breathe only not free. Stocks will go up or down. but these days iOS pps is part of any new tech that is being released from toys to aircrafts. 

temp slowdown in stock is expected.  I wish Google was a bit more serous about Android. MS has no chance in hell now.

looking at the stock graph, while it has dived the last month.  if you look at 3 months, it's slightly below where it was at the lowest, but not hugely so.  If you look at one year, it has been lower than it is now, and one year ago, it was almost at the same point, this seems to be a low time of the year for the stocks.  Then again, if you switch to 5 years... eh... the whole "freefall" idea is right out the window.  it's highest peak before 2015 in 2012 is still lower than this "freefall". 

2 hours ago, paulheu said:

Look, I hate Apple and their users, but even I'm not that naive!  Stocks go up and down, products go through cycles of demand, I sincerely doubt it is gloom and doom over at Apple.  They'll be fine.  Now the people that have a lot of stock might be upset by this.  But if they are smart they won't panic.

Stop talking out of your arse:

Apple watch estimates: 21 million units http://fortune.com/2015/12/10/apple-watch-takeaways/

Mac sales for 2015: 21 million macs http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-q4-2015-financial-results-how-many-iphones-ipads-watches-macs-sold-revenue-results-3581769/

Apple Pay: US/UK/Canada/Australia/China(2016) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pay

3 minutes ago, #Michael said:

Stop talking out of your arse:

Apple watch estimates: 21 million units http://fortune.com/2015/12/10/apple-watch-takeaways/

Mac sales for 2015: 21 million macs http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/apple-q4-2015-financial-results-how-many-iphones-ipads-watches-macs-sold-revenue-results-3581769/

Apple Pay: US/UK/Canada/Australia/China(2016) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pay

Mac sales look pretty great until you consider it against Windows machines. 

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Find me an actual wintel company that can make a machine as good as a macbook pro or macbook air and I will agree.  Dell makes a great xps 13/15 and the surface pro 4 is also great.  However, IMO, the continuing downfall is the damn trackpad.  They have never been able to get the trackpad to work like the macbook pro or the air.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Yes, well, it's been like that for decades. It's a universal constant, like the speed of light.

A lot of it is enterprise. Apple doesn't make their machines remotely appealing to the enterprise market, whereas Microsoft does. (Or tries to.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, #Michael said:

Find me an actual wintel company that can make a machine as good as a macbook pro or macbook air and I will agree.  Dell makes a great xps 13/15 and the surface pro 4 is also great.  However, IMO, the continuing downfall is the damn trackpad.  They have never been able to get the trackpad to work like the macbook pro or the air.

Shifting goalposts. This thread is not about your subjective claims. I love MacBooks more than wintel machines as well but it doesn't change the fact of what I said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulheu said:

When iPhone sales decline... they will go from 230 million units a year down to 200 million a year.  And Apple will still make billions.

Other companies barely sell 20 million smartphones a year... and they lose money doing it!

You sound like an "Apple is Doomed" person... but there are 1,000 companies who you should worry about before Apple. 

Edited by Michael Scrip
  • Like 2

This is the type of "news" that attempts to devalue a stock temporarily so that folks can buy it low before the upswing.  Apple sold their $9 in parts phone for hundreds whereas Google bled cash to saturate the market.

2 minutes ago, DoctorD said:

This is the type of "news" that attempts to devalue a stock temporarily so that folks can buy it low before the upswing.  Apple sold their $9 in parts phone for hundreds whereas Google bled cash to saturate the market.

Google doesn't build phones so I don't see the comparison. 

Even their nexus phones hones are built by other oems. 

5 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Google doesn't build phones so I don't see the comparison. 

Even their nexus phones hones are built by other oems. 

When they did they purchased this tiny little upstart company called Motorola for a meager 12 Billion and sold in last year for under 3 billion.  See where I said bled cash applies. 

• Like 2