Dbz

DBZ is way too long and slow-paced. 99% of the episodes are just filled with stupid ****. They could have easily made it 54 episodes instead of 291. And another thing, in the English one they've censored and cut so much ****, about 15-20 episodes worth. As in whats happening in English episode 210 is probably happening in Japanese episode 227.

that may be true but its still a lot better than listening to voices of japanese people that guys sound like girls

music sounds like old 8bit Nintendo Midi cartridges with horrible picture quality

it sucks that they've censored it so much but to people new to the show it doesnt matter

besides who wants 54 episodes of this great cartoon when you can have 250+?

if you look at frieza he doesnt exactly look like the kinda person that would have a voice like cell, i think they picked the voices perfectly...they go with each character real good especially goku and vegeta

but its better than having vegeta and goku both sounding the same (jap) sounding like little school girls when they're suppose to be men but hey...

Why sit through 250+ episodes if you can watch 50 and see all of the same thing?

Who wants to hear:

Freezer: Ahahahah! I have tricked you! I was only using 1% of my TRUE power!

Kuririn: *gasp*

Piccolo: *gasp*

Gohan: *gasp*

Gokou: Oh yeah, well I was only using 0.5% of MY power, so there!

Freezer: Oh, yeah! Well I have a super secret technique that'll kill you all in a second, so there!

I just wish they'd get to the ****ing point and do something, rather than sit there and talk or gasp or whatever for 19 minutes of the episodes.

the more the better

according to a lot of people

thats why it is so popular

if everybody had your attitude towards it the show wouldnt've been a success

why have 200+ episodes of any show if you're going to get to the point

people dont want less of something thats good, they want more otherwise we wouldnt have soap operas and sitcoms.

Originally posted by tr4nce  

May I remind you that 99% of the English audience waching DBZ are under the age of six?

Then how did you get these numbers? are you saying only 1% are above six?

well regardless of what age group the people that dubbed the english versions intended it for i still think it is good

and if i could speak or read japanese i might like that version better but i dont really care how much cursing it has in it or nudity cause cartoon nudity doesnt exactly get me going nor does cursing at everybody i think they did a fine job the way things are and for a newcomer to the cartoon they wont notice nor care what goes on in the japanese version of the show.

to americans it's a cartoon

im sure cartoons consist of things that make dbz one regardless of what the jap way of saying it is

it looks just like every other cartoon therefor it is one.

Anyone can clearly tell the difference between a cartoon and an anime.

1) The animation and drawing of anime series are a lot better. Even though DBZ is really old (like around 1985 old) and the animation/drawing is really bad compared to most anime series, everyone can tell a difference between DBZ and Dextors Laboratory.

2) Content. If you want to see something made for little kids, watch the Powderpuff Girls. If you want to see something a little more mature, then watch an anime.

3) Plot / Storyline. Anyone can tell that anime series tend to have more advanced plots/storylines than the average cartoon.

either way it goes

if you presented this to the "99%" of the little kids that watch the show they will see it as a cartoon and wont care what anime stands for.