does anyone else want the wavy window effect

do you want the wavy window effect in longhorn  

118 members have voted

1. 1. do you want the wavy window effect in longhorn

• yes
    • no
    • yes with easy disabling

And please people stop thinking this effect is the final or anything close to final, it's also no way ever Microsoft would not allow to disable those effects as most corporate users don't want this eyecandies.

Well I'm not really a Windows hater lol, I also use my XP box a lot but that's okay :D! And it's on my part very cool to see how defensive and agressive you guys become. And with all do respect but WindowFX isn't really the same quality as what OS X offers.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I'm not really a Windows hater lol, I also use my XP box a lot but that's okay :D! And it's on my part very cool to see how defensive and agressive you guys become. And with all do respect but WindowFX isn't really the same quality as what OS X offers.

Yes, but WindowsFX isn't really the same quality what Longhorn will offer :rolleyes:

the windowsfx effect doesn't look all that good...performance-wise, the cpu usage rises a bit and the quality of the wave isn't all that good either...the ends are cut off, etc...anyway, imo, it would be pretty nice to be able to disable/enable the effect in longhorn. i like eyecandy :p

I've heard, several times, that the graphics device interface in Longhorn will use hardware rendering.

These effects will require less processing power than the first true 3D games with hardware rendering. :)

Don't forget to mention that Apple stole the fast user switching idea from Microsoft ;)

actually microsoft really didnt invent fast user switching, it has been with Unix systems for agggeeess, but ofcourse, ideas are stolen from everyone everyday.

-bolero

I wouldn't mind it as long as it doesn't use alot of processor resources (DCE is supposed to put everything on the GPU so... yeah), and if you can easily disable it. I'm a sucker for eye candy.