WinHec Build

Baha Source yes I've got a source.

It's offline ATM but I'll link to it when it comes back up.

Cool :D.

I also higly doubt there will be DCE, its something Microsoft is guarding very closely, but atleast we'll see some more of Aero desktop, maybe not in the main build but at least in some demostration build - also new build means new possibilities of trying to activate a maybe present but not activated DCE :).

Gues we'll wait and see...

I belive Toward the end he says something like "but this problibly wont be in the build given out at WinHEC" or the next public build.

@cpu killer

theres a differance between APIs and actual OS Code.

APIs are used for Codding apps.

Oh right :). Sorry :p

He said about some particular 3D world view not being ready to be shown to the public in the next build, yet not anything about Aero itself :D.

A man can dream..hehe.

Oh right :). Sorry :p

He said about some particular 3D world view not being ready to be shown to the public in the next build, yet not anything about Aero itself :D.

A man can dream..hehe.

world view is part of aero i believe :)

i heard, that DCE will probably enabled, Wavey Windows, Glass, etc. for Hardware manufacturers to play with. That was from a quite reliabled source, not sure though.

Someone who is quite knowledgable in the beta area. He said it is probably going to be true because that point hardware manufacturers will want to be able to test the technology and test future hardware. He ain't 100% sure himself but says it might happen. Hope it does.

EDIT: he said "it'll have the same level of DCE as shown in the PDC Keynote build, ie. transparency and shading".

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1656

I think that is confirmed in that video. "The next build we release will have those APIs", from video.

I think it will probably have DCE to an extent.

Edited by Master MX

Hardware manufacturers are in on the development of Longhorn to a degree so will have access to all builds.

The build handed out will most likely not have DCE in it but builds hardware manufacturers see will have and most probably already do have.

I am refering to ATI / Nvidia.

its prolly just a new build with new stuff to play around with

What else would it be? A new car brand? :rolleyes:

I am refering to ATI / Nvidia.

No, don't tell me they're trusting ATI!

When MS least expect it, I'm sure they'll do a Doom III stunt again!

Seriously, I hope MSH will be included as the default shell at least.

It's looking like a cool command shell.

But I guess a lot of UI freaks will slam me for that opinion.

- *gasp* That dude wants to see other things than Aero! Wtf is wrong with him! :laugh:

Edited by Jugalator

We'll just have to wait and see. I doubt there will be a new theme included with the new leak. Most of the videos out of recent "advantages of longhorn technology" still show the slate theme. Also, if you watch the .NET show or whatever, they demo longhorn still using slate theme. I just hope it is a release that we can do a little more with. Either way, I am excited about it.

they cant just show new ui. Theres reasons newer ui wont show up in videos untill its publicly released