Longhorn Systray Clock

• 7 months later...

Is this sofware still being actively developed? I notice that the latest version is 2004. Can the developer be contacted? This is a nice piece of work. It would be a pity if it were abandoned.

Only activity I can see is being included in the Vista Transformation Pack but other than that it would like it's dead.

No sources -- no Vista version.... Unfortunately

If this software is truly dead, and its author burried, and cannot be contacted, then it is a fair game. It should be possible to decompile (or disassemble) it, and develop it further. It is a very small file, so decompiling it should not be a big problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people of neowin,

I'm new on here and hope you guys like new comers and I'll introduce me in the right section later.

I used LClock and I love it, but recently I changed my windows x32bit to x64bit, and Lclcok doesn't work. Is there any version for x64bit? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, LClock starts on boot, but then it disappears after all my programs start.

I have it added to my startup folder/registry, deleting it off the registry then readding it, reintalled, deleted .ini files; nothing worked.

To be exact, I ran all the programs i do alongside lclock, but I switched firewalls from Norton to Comodo but stopped using Comodo immediately because of the problems it caused, so it has broken LClock. I now run ZoneAlarm but this problem was happening before I had installed ZoneAlarm.

I run my printer monitor, Live Messenger, Yahoo! Widgets, a calendar program, Mobile Syncing program, AVG, Firefox preloader, Object Dock, ZoneAlarm and PS Tray Factory. Windows XP themed; but as I said, I had run LClock with no issue beforehand, so I chock it down to Comodo, also it clashed with some other programs of mine.

Some assistance would be fantastic thanks.

• 2 months later...

What made Microsoft abandon using this new style of clock as seen in the original Longhorn build of Vista and decide to carry on using the crap basic version they've continued to use for the past gawd knows how many years?

What made Microsoft abandon using this new style of clock as seen in the original Longhorn build of Vista and decide to carry on using the crap basic version they've continued to use for the past gawd knows how many years?

Who knows, maybe it's back in Windows 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Beware guys, the calendar is not to be trusted!

Currently it is Monday 31 August, but when I open the calendar, the date "31" is shown as Tuesday!!!

I PM'd the author through this forum, but haven't had a reply.

• 4 weeks later...
Beware guys, the calendar is not to be trusted!

Currently it is Monday 31 August, but when I open the calendar, the date "31" is shown as Tuesday!!!

I PM'd the author through this forum, but haven't had a reply.

I have never had any problem with the calendar.