My first speeding ticket...

Yes. Your parents are going to be mad.

I crashed my car in December 03' and they were *extremely* ****ed. But... they get over it. I also got a speeding ticket for 45 in a 25 and then rolling a stop sign. They were mad for a day or two about that, but just like before they get over it.

I learned my lesson though... i hate even going 5 over the limit now.

just go face the parents, drop dead, roll over, cry til parents ask u what happened. that might work...

just kidding, but on a serious note, it's better to tell ur parents the truth. truth is brutal but it works that way than making something up to make it worse later or so.

i wish best luck of u to get it thru with no problems and be able to do what u love..

Take it from a pro, fight every ticket tooth and nail.... Tooth and ****ing nail....

If it costs the state to 600 in lawers (cause u cant afford one) to get a ticket for 75 out of you, they will just quit giving tickets. ALso, if the cop dont show (and they wont, not unless its a highway patrol) you win by default. IF they do show ask for a continuance.

I recently got pulled over for 55 in a 35 zone. My ionsurance was expired and i forgot my wallet in my other pair of pants. I got out of that iwht a non moving violationg and lack of insurance.i wwent to the court shwoed my old, and my new insurance, charges were wavied.

Fight EVERY ticket with every fiber of your being.

Indeed, at 65 my Eclipse is dying...

That's why I got a Volvo XC90... :p

I fell more secure driving that thing than any other car... well, besides a Hummer but Hummers are way to expensive to buy and maintain...

Plus I?d never ever been ticked for doing stupid things on the road:)? :)

http://www.volvoxc90.com/home/

Edited by Blizzard_X

Oh yea, and about telling the parents, im sure they were more worried you got pulled over for DUI or Possien, or were in a wreck, than a speeding ticket. If it REALLY worries you cal them up and act liek a doctor. Tell them you were in an acident and that it was near fatal. YOu have had significant brain truama and are in a comatose liek state.

THen tell them what really happaned. It will put things in perspective for them. PArent freak at tiny things, not because they are horrible, but because of the CHANCE for osmthign horrible to happen to you. YEa, you were doing 99. What if a DUI ran into you at that speed? Excatly, they dotn care about the 99, they car about what COULD happen at that speed.

Damn hellbender, sorry to hear that. I know in N.C. you can plead something and get the ticket thrown out...Can only do it once in your life though. Check to see if something like that in CA

I thoguht these might come in handy. Good luck and again, sorry to hear it, but hey, it happens to EVERYONE. EVERYONE!

No person can drive and not get a ticket at some point in there life. Hell, you'll get a ticket to try avoiding a ticket these days. It's the way cops get payed. Or whatever. Here...

Beating A Speeding Ticket

http://www.blurofinsanity.com/Speeding.html

How Police Radar Works

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/policeradar.html

You can fight this. Get a lawyer, he/she will most likely help you more. Call a good traffic lawyer and tell them your cituation. I'd tell you my guy, but I don't think he'll be willing to come down to San Jose, CA. ;)

I dunno if anyone else has brought this up, and I am too lazy to read all of the posts, so I am gonna post it anyway.

Most of the time, if you delay the hearing as much as you can, plead "Not Guilty" and then delay the court date as long as possible. 60% of the time the cop doesn't show up to the hearing because they got premoted, lost paperwork, don't wanna deal with it, etc.

If they do show up, go through the court, and then see how it pans out. Most of the time you get your fine reduced if you go to court.

I have had 5 speeding tickets, and done this with all of them. Only had the cops show up to two of the hearings, and once, he didn't have his paperwork, so I won that one too.

I hate the cops around here... when I was 17 (10 years ago) I use to get pulled over by the cops just about everyday when i was going to school.. I never got a ticket, they asked me where I was going, why I was out so early in the morning... I was like, these cops are dumb as hell, its 7am and I'm heading in the direction of the high school... HELLOOOOO!!!! One day on the way to school they stoped me and told me and my cousin to get out of the car and they searched my car then let us go without saying a word to us... luckly my grandfather use to be a cop around here and he was the one to put a stop to everything... Anywho - thats my story, I know its not really about getting a ticket but its about the damn cops.. I don't trust them around here...

sorry again that you got that ticket but just thank God they arin't harassing you..

That just makes me laugh :)

Take it from me man.. i was 17 when i got my first Ticket... i was on the highway..****ed off at my parents making me take my brother home.. cause he couldnt drive... (even longer story cause he was older) but it sucks... i know.. but ill tell you this.. dont wait or hold the info back.. man or try to hide it

when you look back you have to take things as a adult.. because you are almost one.

You parents have gotten tickets im sure... and you may get your car taken away for longer if you dont tell me before they find out.

As far as getting rid of the ticket.. my suggestion is get a lawyer .... Ive had PLEANTY of tickets now...

and its not worth the hassel of dealing with the courts trust me. Just hire someone and be done. You will get pay a fine and take a defensive driving course and it wont be on your record your not a convict YET.

Good luck... and if the.... ticket was given in some small county well theres ways of getting a lawyer still

in TX theres the state bar association that you can call to get someones name that covers that county.

i think i paid 110 bucks for some small redneck county that had a speed trap

good luck

Phew! Hey guys, thanks SO much for the kind words, they really helped :yes:

This afternoon about 1pm I called up my mom's work and left a message on her voicemail telling her I got a speeding ticket so that her anger would settle before seeing me. I figured it wasnt a good idea to tell her the speed until she got home and was sitting down, so I didn't.

I had school today from 4 until 9:30pm, and my parents come home around 7:30 so all day I was stressing. Every time I thought about it my heart raced and face turned red. And dissecting a cadaver in bio class didnt help much either :x But I got through it...

Once i was home, I sat outside my driveway for a good 5 minutes thinking over and over about what I was going to say. Finally I took the plunge, opened the garage and walked in. My mom asked me if I really got a ticket, or if I was just kidding.. I showed her the ticket, and she got ****ed at the speed, obviously. she noted how disappointed she was in me and made me feel like crap :/

And then my dad came home and he did more of the same. I expessed my most sincere apologies, told them that I had killed my computer as punishment to myself. That seemed to calm them down a bit since its pretty much the most extreme thing I could do. I'll probably leave it without an OS until the AMD Socket 939 comes out, at which point I plan on upgrading.

Not sure what the status on the car is. I put the keys on my mums dresser to show that I was willing to take no-car as a punishment, but she hasnt put the keys away so I'll probably call her before class tomorrow to see if I can drive or not. If she says yes, then I'll probably take the spare car we have, an '87 190E that cant go an inch above 70mph.. Just as a punishment to myself.

So it wasnt as bad as I thought (Y) But i AM worried about the legal aspect of it now. I figured I would just go to traffic school and be done with it, but nope, traffic school isnt an option if youre caught 15mph+ over the speed limit. So i'll fight it in court, where my two chances of getting out are:

1) The cop doesnt show up/isnt prepared

2) The judge throws it out since the cop didnt radar gun me, I passed the cop and he guesstimated my speed

So thats the slim chance I'm still holding on to. I'll surely be driving 10mph under the speed limit for the next few weeks, if I do drive.

Thanks a lot for your help everybody :yes:

watch out, you might get a ticket for going to slow this time :) (kidding)

well I live in Toronto..I dont have my Licence nor a car and I dont see any point what's so ever...I might be rude or seem stupid to say this but people who speed deserve to smack into a pole or lose their licence for good..there's no need to speed like really...there was a car speed just 10 km's over the speeding limit near me and hit a curb and landed on the roof and killed himself and the passenger just for speeding...come on ppl get a little more common sence if u know u were speeding dont try to fight it just pay the concequences

Edited by chris_william27

I think you are over reacting a bit, i mean its only a stupid speeding ticket. I got 4 of them in a year or 2 and i got a ticket for not stoping at a stop sign. All i had to do was pay the stupid ticket and go on with my life, its not that expensive, my highest was like 175$

he didnt radar you? haha you win the case! only thing he could of done is give you a ticket for reckless driving not speeding, since he didn't know what speed you was going

That thing about how police speed scanners work was interesting.

So supposedly, if you were driving a small round car with no right angles, and painted in that stuff that they put on F/B-117s, then police scanners couldn't pick you up at all... :devil:

Hey HellBender...just curious, but what freeway were you on in San Jose that you got caught? There's been occasions where I've taken 101N all the way to SF in the far right carpool lane going 85-90mph. And for those that will say it's too fast, blah blah...that's basically the speed of traffic. If you don't maintain around 85mph you will get run over, and in areas such as San Jose, Burlingame, etc. it's not so easy to just "move to the right" to let others pass. And don't even mention the 280. It's easy as pie to take that at 95-100mph because of the hills.

Anyhow, good luck with the legalities. I know I've heard before that there's a certain speed that is determined as a felony, although I don't remember off hand what it is. Most likely your insurance will go up after a 2nd offense, like my girlfiend's did. So, hopefully it doesn't affect you in that area, as insurance is already overly ridiculously priced.

Edited by soloredd

That thing about how police speed scanners work was interesting.

So supposedly, if you were driving a small round car with no right angles, and painted in that stuff that they put on F/B-117s, then police scanners couldn't pick you up at all... :devil:

hehe drive a new beetle painted flat black

I learned my lesson though... i hate even going 5 over the limit now.

I'm pretty much the same. Ever since I rear-ended someone in my mother's van a year or so ago, I've been extremely careful. I also pay through the nose for my insurance though. Guess that's what happens when you're 19 and drive a brand new car. The only time I ever speed is on the highway. I won't speed in town, it's just not safe.

I am SO screwed... My legs feel numb, I've lost my appetite, and I just feel like drowning myself  :pinch:

I just got my first speeding ticket. What speed was I going? a freaking 99 miles per hour. I had NO idea I was going that fast, and if I did I wouldve slammed on the breaks... I dont drive that fast! I can't believe it.

And the worst part? My parents are going to butcher me. I mean, take away my car, computer, and every imaginable piece of fun in my life  :pinch: They yell at me for going at 70mph on the freeway, I can only imagine how freaked they are gonna be at 99mph.

And just yesterday I was thinking how good life has been to me lately...

Say bye bye to your license or hello to a hell of a lot of points against it.. :yes:

I've been there, done 86 in a 65 zone. I was going 95 but my radar detector went off and let me slow down a bit.. but I was going way to fast to slow down even with my detector..eh go figure :s

I got 150+ fine and like 8 points it was. No fun. :s

You learn once and never do it again. :)

Edited by xStainDx