DesktopWeather Beta 3

Question

DesktopWeather Beta 3 is available to download from my page Here. 3nd3r was nice enough to host me. The old site address will redirect you to the new site but be sure to update your favorites. DesktopWeather Beta 3 is now based on the Microsoft.Net Framework. You will need to have this installed in order to run DesktopWeather Beta 3. A link is provided on my site. Thats about it, but be sure to note the changes in DesktopWeather Beta 3 below. I hope you all enjoy and be sure to leave a comment or request at my site under the DesktopWeather Beta 3 post and/or here. Thanks.

Some changes:

-To move: Click and drag the Current Weather picture.

-To access menu: Double click or right click Current Weather picture.

-Matrox

Edit: 5 mirrors up for downloading.

Ok, I'm not exactly sure how it happened, I think it may have been when I had a window open partly covering desktopweather, and the clicked on desktop weather. The background turned gray and is no longer transparent. I've refreshed it, closed and restarted it, and even re-downloaded it and replaced the exe, but it still looks the same.

Screenshot

I had standard font smoothing on at the time, although I've tried turning font smoothing off altogether, and putting cleartype back on.

I wanted to take a closer look at the problem by using the taskbar magnifier...but this program does not show up in it when I put the mouse cursor over it!

Your recent neo posts program shows up just fine as does rainlendar. This may or may not help you, but it is interesting. Does anyone else see this?

Holy crap! I just downloaded that SDK file in under 2 minutes @ 1.2 MB/s.

Oh, I guess I'll install it now so I can give this a whirl:D

Originally posted by deron dantzler

everyone has the cleartype problem...i went back to beta 2

i don't have that cleartype problem, i have cleartype on and i have no problem

i have a diffrent problem:right:

I I exited it and delete it out and re put iback in this time and restarted my PC and now i just don't work at all......I can't even gett it to show up on my desktop........by the way i don't got cleartype on i got it offf

Everytime I start it, it tells me there is a newer version available - nothing else. Otherwise, it works fine here.

It could just be a coincidence, but the thing I was talking about earlier may be because of Media Player. I use 6.4 and it seemed to happen when I was watching a show, but when I closed it, the problem went away. It happened twice, but it didn't really happen as soon as the show was playing, which seems kinda weird.

I get the error message with this code/number/whatever on it: 0xc0000135

The previous version of desktop weather works fine for me... Is this a message for not having the .net thing because it is 20 megs and I only have 56K running at only 44kps.

The previous version of desktop weather works fine for me... Is this a message for not having the .net thing because it is 20 megs and I only have 56K running at only 44kps.
According to Matrox's website, "You WILL need the Microsoft .Net Framework." Looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and download it... :) (with a good download manager, it should only take two hours).

Oh, oh well.

But here's a question: But is beta 3 REALLY better then 2.3? If so, what's the difference except for the tranparentcy(which I don't need) don't get me wrong, but I WILL upgrade but i am just asking if it is really better.

Beta 2.3 worked fine for some people, and if it does, stick with it. For others it crashed or stoped responding after a bit. The new .Net version Beta 3 does not have this problem. I should have the ClearType problem and the other "Long" bug fixed real soon, but Im glad there has only been 2 bugs so far.

-Matrox

thanks matrox i will be waiting for the update.

but right now i will stick with the 2.3

and one more thing, could you update the neowin checked too, because every time i restart it moves to a diffrent place on my screen.

thanks

Matrox,

I downloaded and installed desktop weather beta 3 and I get this problem...Look Here ...and it goes away sometimes, but then it always ends up like the screenshot again. It doesn't affect the performance of the program...the program works fine....but it looks kinda ugly...I guess maybe I'm the only one with the problem. What do you think it could be?...:s

the only problem i have with this little proggy is the Cleartype jumble :(

i ams newbie to this forum and as soon as i saw the desktop thread with that cool weather feature i had to have it!

very good program matrox, i love it.

I originally had The Burning Rom's problem of the transparency not working and showing a grey colour. So then I went back to beta 2.

Having hearing someone else has this problem I reinstalled beta 3 to get another screenshot of the problem. However now it wont even show up on my desktop. Runs in task manager as 15mb's.

I managed to change the colour of the grey though by changing the 3D objects box in properties/appearance/advanced in desktop settings to match my black desktop. However as this changes every window in windows I decided this cant be an acceptable fix :D

So back to beta 2 again for now :D