MSN Messenger Concept

Question

Greetings,

Anyway I just like to share my concept art to Neowin Community. As some of you might know from the other thread "Behold MSN Messenger 7", Max posted my site - www.msn-concept.tk which included a blurry photo of MSN Messenger "Concept".

I am the Lead and admin of MSN-Concept! Anyway, I'm looking for graphic designers and people have ideas for the concept of MSN Messenger. We're also looking for people have close contats and ties with anyone who is contact with the MSN team. :p

2.jpg

If you got any comments or suggestions please post them here :blush:

MSN Messenger Concept

Thanks I'll be happy to hear your response!

*I hope this isn't a crime on Neowin :cry: :ninja: *

Amazing work I must say. When I first saw the pic over at Mess.be, I was shocked. I then read the updated FAQ's about it there and it brought me to this thread. This has to be the coolest thing I have ever seen for an IM client. If everything goes good and it's not TOO cluttered, it could be the greatest item on the market for MSN.

The only suggestion I would have is to have it so that people can easily make plug-ins (MSN Plus! anyone?). I saw a lot of VERY good suggestions in this thread and I think a good idea is spend time getting a working version with the bare-basics that MSN Messenger already has and then work on individual plug-ins to add to the program. So if people want to be able to steal display pictures, make a plug-in so that they can download it. That would allow the basic users (like most of the people on my list) to download the basic 'lite' version and let the more advanced users be able to upgrade their program with the options they want.

Plus it would shrink down on bandwidth uses. If you have your light version to download and the plug-ins seperate, then people would download the options they want. If you had a cluttered 'fully-loaded' version and everyone downloads it, it would suck up a lot of bandwidth that wouldn't be used in the first example.

WOW man I would simply love to use that program

A fonctione that would be great, I dont think I have read it somewhere ( but I alway read to fast ;) ), if you could made a link saying how many e-mail we have in our Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo/... Inboox. And maybe also give us a way to be able to check all of them ( because I know many people use up to 4 ot 5 e-mails )

Anothers one that I'm not sure to have seen his the possibility to connect offline, but yet, still be able to talk to people. Like the invisible mode in MessengerDiscovery, but this time, we dont have to write a code to every person we want to appear offline

I think that's all all the others idea have been posted, but if I have more be sure I will came here post the, because that programme seem great.

And if you need people to try the program, check for bug, etc..., be sure I want to help you in that. I use MSN Messenger 16 hours per days.

Greetings,

Nice replies guys! Anyway, any one of you know how to program in C# or C++? We need programmers to program the client :) Thanks :blush:

How eaxctly do you know it is going to look like this in the new msn?
This just a concept with my own ideas, I didn't say anything that it would like to the next MSN :p

This just a concept with my own ideas, I didn't say anything that it would like to the next MSN :p

I love the concept. But, I have an idea, you know how you have instant buddy notifications. What I'd like to see is something that when you are signed out of Windows, you can set up an alert that will allow that user to log back on when a certain user comes online.

I can see this working well, because there are times when I walk away from my computer and log-out. Power saving kicks on, and my screen goes blank. Well, I'm watching TV across the room, so if I saw my screen light back up, etc... I could talk to the person I wanted to.

This would also work well if when messenged, it would take the computer out of power saving mode or turn off the screensaver.

Also, audio notifications when a user comes online. Like "PimpShiznid has just signed on..."

Also does anyone have any idea when it will be out as this would sooo go with the style Of Windows XP

Are the any other Screenshots of this?

Looks Kool keep up the good work!

I will certainly be downloading it especially if it is compatible with MSN Plus 3!

No release date as at yet :( More screenshots will be coming soon :blush: I'm currently working on the contact list of MSN Messenger...

Greetings,

Nice replies guys! Anyway, any one of you know how to program in C# or C++? We need programmers to program the client :) Thanks :blush:

that line makes this seemed doomed from the start to me

i'll start getting excited when theres some executable code brought to the table, not just some pretty photoshop work

and for everyone who keeps saying M$:

20020722l.gif

Well I can be a beta-teser at start

But for the c++ I dont know yet I to use it, but my father and my sister know how to use it, and I will learn it at school this year.

So If you need a beta-tester keep me in mind, and for the programation of the program, well maybe soon I will be able to help you out whit it

And for another idea, maybe try to make it work whit the MSN Alert, even if we dont use an @hotmail or @msn account.

Also make it compatible whit MSN PLUS !

^^ yep make sure its compatible with MSGPLUS to some extent ... it'll be hard so u could ask Patchou to create u one... that'll be unlikely

really I can see ur in need of C/C++ programmers... unfortunately I cant or I gladly would ...

Looking awsome (thinking of it coming together with aerobrowser and aeromail *whistles)

If you need someone to test I can help there, so ya.

Patchou is a really great guy, i best tested every plus beta since plus 1 for him, he would probably make plus compatible with your messenger if you asked (or if I asked, whatever).

I'm going to start working on a contact list design because most of you would like to see that more then a login screen :) But nonetheless this login screen is better then the original one found in MSN6 :D