MSN Messenger Concept

Question

Greetings,

Anyway I just like to share my concept art to Neowin Community. As some of you might know from the other thread "Behold MSN Messenger 7", Max posted my site - www.msn-concept.tk which included a blurry photo of MSN Messenger "Concept".

I am the Lead and admin of MSN-Concept! Anyway, I'm looking for graphic designers and people have ideas for the concept of MSN Messenger. We're also looking for people have close contats and ties with anyone who is contact with the MSN team. :p

2.jpg

If you got any comments or suggestions please post them here :blush:

MSN Messenger Concept

Thanks I'll be happy to hear your response!

*I hope this isn't a crime on Neowin :cry: :ninja: *

How would it look if people have long names...

Will they be cut , multiple lines or we can have custom names

Also For Different status mayb u can change the color of the name...like Green For Online and yellow for BRB.. ornage for Away and so on

It won't be skinable. The only way you could would have to be thru hacking the program. We are trying to keep this sleek and professional. As for changing the contacts name depending on their Status is a great idea, never thought of that. As for long names, look in the contact list, one name is 2 long, and it gets the traditional ... meaning it goes on.

It look awsome.

For the statues, you could simply add a little icon next to the name

so you would have

( preview of the Avatar ) ( Statue ) ( nickname )

And also give the option to have that icon, or simply have a text next to the name saying the statues.

How about creating something similar to the clock and busy icons MSN Messenger currently uses, and then overlaying them over the contact's DP in the list? :)

are these designed interfaces already, or merely photoshop mockups? i find it amusing everyones crying for a beta date when there isn't even a single line of code written...

^^ OMG !!!!! OH MY FU*KING GOD !!!

taht LOOKS AMAZING !!! AMAZING !!!

sorry but I am really excited... and can u make sure MSG PLUS is compatible wit it?

We will see lol. We are going to make this program work for us and work the way MSN6 works. Patchu will have to go the extra mile to make MSN Plus work with this. I will talk with him once this is in some beta stages.

It won't be skinable. The only way will be hacking msn. Maybe one day there will be colour schemes to choose from or official skins. But nothing open to the public easily. We are aiming to keep this professional like MSN6. Just much nicer :p

It won't be skinable. The only way will be hacking msn. Maybe one day there will be colour schemes to choose from or official skins. But nothing open to the public easily. We are aiming to keep this professional like MSN6. Just much nicer :p

Yeah, my bad...just now read the thread :p. Looking good...I might have to hack it to pieces when it comes out :D.

I'd like to see a variety of skins one day. I might make a couple official ones for it. This being the Luna one and maybe another matching MSN9 or WMP10.

I just thought of a really good idea.

Could you put in the ability to create your own statuses. (Note: This idea is different them MSN Plus!)

Example:You put your status to custom. A box comes up and askes you what you would like your status name to be (so others will see it). Then below it is an option to select the picture you would like to associate with the status. At the top of the message box instead of it saying "You cannot contact this person blah blah blah because their status is currently set to Busy", it would have the custom text you place in (a simple variable).

As for coders, I cannot help code it YET, but I am going into college in September for Software Engineering so I can probably hook you guys up with some coders come then (although the project would probably be already on it's way by then).

As to your comment, [beta code], we're still in the early stages :p As for Microsoft, they know about it :p

Anyway, I just woke up now a few mintues ago and I was pleased to find new screenshots done by our CO-LEADER, Xero, Steve. He's been working hard!

We need to work out on the message window... Some of you are stated in one of their replies saying that it's "too big" well, we're working on it :)

Thanks for all your replies! :D

The overall design is looking good so far and i like the they the user switching would be done. But im not sure about the color scheme i know your trying to keep to the traditional msn, but what would it look like with backgrounds on it. Also to be honest it kind of reminds me of the flyakite mod that is already out for msn.

flyakitemsg.jpg

But i like what your doing, anything beats that ugly clunky msn :laugh:

Keep of the work, also if you are still looking for designers i might be able to help out here and there.