Neowin Server Problemo

Looks like the database server was under a heavy load. I noticed that over the last 30 minutes that NeoWin was getting slower and slower to browse.

Originally posted by [AMD]-SimGuy

Looks like the database server was under a heavy load. I noticed that over the last 30 minutes that NeoWin was getting slower and slower to browse.

Yeah, it is still really slow :( they should up the bandwidth a little bit :)

Yes, it's getting slower and slower, reloading is almost impossible... I get the feeling we're all on a collison course with a crash...

All Hands, Brace for Impact!

Any news from the Admins about when this laggy performance and server too busy message problem will be corrected?

This will remain the way it is. Neowin is a busy site :). We will turn people down to prevent the server from crashing.

Redmak,

Have you guys ever considered killing guest access to the forums in order to free up SQL/PHP Time? It seems that is where your major problems with loading and errors are originating since the other features on the site continue to operate thoughout the outages.

Just a suggestion...

Originally posted by Cara

Redmak,

Have you guys ever considered killing guest access to the forums in order to free up SQL/PHP Time? It seems that is where your major problems with loading and errors are originating since the other features on the site continue to operate thoughout the outages.

Just a suggestion...

good idea mistress cara...lol...dominatrix :p

Redmak,

Just a suggestion...

That is a good idea :)

Originally posted by Redmak

That is a good idea :)

I get them on rare occasions I'm told. ;) Always glad to provide what insight I have.

Originally posted by freeza

is that what the 'server is too busy' thing means?

In my experience that means there are too many concurent connections to the SQL Database which runs the Neowin Forums/Site, thus the server begins turning people away to keep from overloading itself.

yea,vbulletin has a load limit in the admin cp to limit the amount of requests that can made at one time.Anywho,back in my good ol' warez days when I had a top notch site,I had 191 people on my forum and it crashed :( I also got booted from the server hosting cause they found out I hosted warez on it when they got it back up :x

Wow, neowin is busy today! I keep getting these "server too busy; please try again later" messages. what exactly is the limit that could cause the server to start displaying these messages?

Originally posted by lilgreg70

Anywho,back in my good ol' warez days when I had a top notch site,I had 191 people on my forum and it crashed :( I also got booted from the server hosting cause they found out I hosted warez on it when they got it back up :x

lol, that happend to my friend a few weeks ago :)

There are currently 169 members and 93 guests on the boards.

I definatly think if they axed the 93 guests and made the boards Registered Users Only some of the busy problems might lighten up a bit.

Redmak,

Just a suggestion...

You should PM the idea to one of the mods.