Photo

Neowin Metal Club

2119 replies to this topic

#16 Dallas

Dallas

I GOT FRAGS I GOT FRAGS!!!!

• 3,073 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:39

im butting in here and saying i love the new Dream Theater CD too. Octavarium has to be my favorite song

#17 Lan88

Lan88

Neowinian

• 1,036 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:42

i just gotta love avenged sevenfold's new album city of evil.. despite the lack of *screams* since they are a metal core album..this album kinda surprised me as it full of melody... reminds me of guns and roses... :D

#18 Marduk

Marduk

chagrinful

• 3,680 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:48

I absolutely LOVE metal! It's the best thing ever, I love spoons, forks knives, metal tables are pretty cool too, but I'm not all about heavy metal, I haven't really heard it make any good sounds just like gonging noises not really nice or harmon

#19 FiREFLi

FiREFLi

Neowinian Senior

• 4,113 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:46

im butting in here and saying i love the new Dream Theater CD too. Octavarium has to be my favorite song

View Post

It's 24 minutes long... there's gotta be sometihng for everyone in there :D

I'd also like to point out the LTE own and I am better than Mike Portnoy on the drums.

Spoiler

#20 sacrifist

sacrifist

E-Athlete

• 547 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:50

I absolutely LOVE metal! It's the best thing ever, I love spoons, forks knives, metal tables are pretty cool too, but I'm not all about heavy metal, I haven't really heard it make any good sounds just like gonging noises not really nice or harmon

View Post

You are well aware of what this thread is about...Dont waste my bandwidth please

#21 sacrifist

sacrifist

E-Athlete

• 547 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:57

Um, I think that you Dream Theater freaks need to create a Dream Theater thread. I have heard the new DT album and it sucks balls. But ofcourse so has all of their albums since the first one. Dont get me wrong, they are excellent musicians, but man does their song writing suck. But the majority of my bashing just comes from not liking their type of music. Whoracle by In Flames is a great album. As of right now im on a Killswitch Engage kick, I highly suggest both of their albums.

#22 hotdog963al

hotdog963al

Meow

• 7,653 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 23:58

You can't have a metal club without PANTERA!!

Even though I love them so much and I'm seeing them on October 24th, I wouldn't really put Dream theater in the metal section, listen to "Anna Lee" and you'll see what I mean...

City of Evil is good too, I just can't stop listening to it!

SOME REAL MUSIC

#23 Evis

Evis

Neowinian

• 141 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:43

You can't have a metal club without PANTERA!!

Even though I love them so much and I'm seeing them on October 24th, I wouldn't really put Dream theater in the metal section, listen to "Anna Lee" and you'll see what I mean...

City of Evil is good too, I just can't stop listening to it!

SOME REAL MUSIC

View Post

Thats a pretty good list. Nice to see CKY on there.

Hey look, Marduk is trying to be funny. :whistle:

You lose.

Dream Theater is good but like i said they sometimes seem boring ESPECIALLY some of their songs that go for something insane like 40 minutes. My friend bought the Whoracle album by In Flames so i'm gonna check that out.

I've been trying to find two albums, Pestilence - Spheres, and Cynic - Focus but i can't find them anywhere so it looks like an amazon buy. :(

#24 OP b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:43

Thats a pretty good list. Nice to see CKY on there.

Hey look, Marduk is trying to be funny. :whistle::

You lose.

Dream Theater is good but like i said they sometimes seem boring ESPECIALLY some of their songs that go for something insane like 40 minutes. My friend bought the Whoracle album by In Flames so i'm gonna check that out.

I've been trying to find two albums, Pestilence - Spheres, and Cynic - Focus but i can't find them anywhere so it looks like an amazon buy.?:(:(

View Post

who said id give you my whoracle album, as for pestillence speres i ordered that about 2 weeks ago but i cant wait till i get it, and cynic focus will be out at metal mayhem next week. i like someof the stuff on the list there but it needs ANNIHILATOR and TESTAMENT they have got to be the best thrash metal bands.

Who plays guitar here, i need something to play, im kinda new to it so somthing not to hard but fun to play.

#25 Evis

Evis

Neowinian

• 141 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:37

who said id give you my whoracle album, as for pestillence speres i ordered that about 2 weeks ago but i cant wait till i get it, and cynic focus will be out at metal mayhem next week. i like someof the stuff on the list there but it needs ANNIHILATOR and TESTAMENT they have got to be the best thrash metal bands.

Who plays guitar here, i need something to play, im kinda new to it so somthing not to hard but fun to play.

View Post

Because you already gave it to me? Or i might of taken it. Same thing, i have it.

#26 OP b0zm4g

b0zm4g

csatlos himself

• 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:45

Because you already gave it to me? Or i might of taken it. Same thing, i have it.

View Post

no you dont, im listening to it right now

#27 se7en.hu

se7en.hu

• 4,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 21:14

Damn, Annihilator - The One is a ****en awesome tune (Y) (Y)

Where are all the MetaL fans :o :o I swear there are more of you on neowin...

#28 Kreuger

Kreuger

Neowin's Local Grouch

• 5,875 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 21:21

yes Arch Enemy kick ass. They're my second favourite band. They've been considered Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Death and Thrash and many others. As of hearing Doomsday Machine (promo) I say they're more along the lines of progressive. Prior to that I considered them sem-thrash with harsh vocals.

#29 Ji@nBing

Ji@nBing

Moonlapse Vertigo

• 9,975 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 21:20

Opeth are just the stuff. Been into them since Orchid and never looked back. Awesome guys too. Met them in Vancouver. They had to play an all acoustic set because thier drummer was sick and they stayed after the show to apologize to every single person and give them a partial refund and sign autographs. Class act all the way.

And ahahahaaha!!! Annihilator. My buddies old guitar teacher used to be thier guitar player. They are complete tools :p

#30 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 15,871 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 21:20

dunno if this counts as metal or not but just heard new song from arch enemys upcomming cd doomsday machine song nemisis, its pretty cool... pm me for site.

View Post

one more here
/me likes dreamtheater, nightwish, cky, pantera and underoath's first cds ( when they were considered hardcore metal )