Neowin Metal Club

I need to know some Dream Theater. Any suggestions?

586287674[/snapback]

Images and Words and Awake are considered to be the ultimate by most fans of DT. I also like Scenes from a Memory and 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence. The latest stuff, Train of Thought and Octavarium, are ok, but not the strongest stuff, in my opinion.

Personally, I like the fact that DT are moving along, even though I may not like most/some of what they produce. It leads me to believe that they are actually enjoying what they're doing instead of rehashing to make fans happy. No matter what, I still like DT as people. They're very nice guys.

Lol we got metal from the West, metal from Europe and now Metal of the east.

Onmyouza

Vidoll

Akira Takasaki

Yu-Ki No Kisho

586288366[/snapback]

Akira! :punk:

And from the South(Brazil)

Angra <- My fave

Sepultura

Images and Words and Awake are considered to be the ultimate by most fans of DT. I also like Scenes from a Memory and 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence. The latest stuff, Train of Thought and Octavarium, are ok, but not the strongest stuff, in my opinion.

Personally, I like the fact that DT are moving along, even though I may not like most/some of what they produce. It leads me to believe that they are actually enjoying what they're doing instead of rehashing to make fans happy. No matter what, I still like DT as people. They're very nice guys.

586289459[/snapback]

Ok thanks. It's because that I'm going to see gigantour and I dont wannna be looking foolish because I don't know the "hit" songs of Dream Theater :p

Small list of metal bands, and some un-metal bands that I listen to, but a lot more unlisted. I like a broad spectrum:

Fear Factory

Slayer

Lamb Of God

Pantera

Iron Maiden

Children Of Bodom

Hatebreed

Throwdown

Poison The Well

Chimaira

Killswitch Engage

Unearth

Opeth

Otep

Breaking Benjamin

Papa Roach

Anthrax

Mudvayne

Spineshank

System Of A Down

Coal Chamber

Grim Reaper

AC/DC

Van Halen

Tons more... I love most things metal/hardcore/punk/hard rock

i wish gigantour came to australia, its got a pretty awesome line up. in october 26th, Killswitch Engage is coming to australia, not exactly one of my favorite bands but its listenable so im going for sure.

I've started getting into Iron Maiden after buying their Rock In Rio DVD, Raising Hell DVD and The Essential Iron Maiden album, can anyone recomend any other albums by Maiden?

Cool discussion, I just don't consider metal music a club you have to join, I'd feel like a heretic for some other (good) music I listen to.

Anyway, keep up the thread, it's still better to talk about metal than half buck's new movie :aaarrghh:

Small list of metal bands, and some un-metal bands that I listen to, but a lot more unlisted. I like a broad spectrum:

Fear Factory

Slayer

Lamb Of God

Pantera

Iron Maiden

Children Of Bodom

Hatebreed

Throwdown

Poison The Well

Chimaira

Killswitch Engage

Unearth

Opeth

Otep

Breaking Benjamin

Papa Roach

Anthrax

Mudvayne

Spineshank

System Of A Down

Coal Chamber

Grim Reaper

AC/DC

Van Halen

Tons more... I love most things metal/hardcore/punk/hard rock

586290552[/snapback]

Don't forget Judas Priest.... ;)

I've started getting into Iron Maiden after buying their Rock In Rio DVD, Raising Hell DVD and The Essential Iron Maiden album, can anyone recomend any other albums by Maiden?

586291174[/snapback]

get:

The Number of The Beast

Piece of Mind

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Brave New World

actually you should get them all ;)

586291174[/snapback]

...and you MUST get the Live albums.

at least:

A Real Live One

Live At Donnington '92

They are soooooo great. :yes:

Don't forget Judas Priest.... ;)

586291220[/snapback]

I love Judas, been running on no sleep and had to post a list in a hurry at work. I also would like to add Motley Crue to teh list as well :D

My favourite bands are, and have always been:

Metallica

Slayer

Guns N' Roses

Yngwie Malmsteen

Van Halen

Iron Maiden

Whitesnake

Ozzy

and some more old stuff you teens here prob never have heard of, like Queensryche, Tony MacAlpine, Lynch Mob etc etc, I could go on forever :D

My favourite bands are, and have always been:

Metallica

Slayer

Guns N' Roses

Yngwie Malmsteen

Van Halen

Iron Maiden

Whitesnake

Ozzy

and some more old stuff you teens here prob never have heard of, like Queensryche, Tony MacAlpine, Lynch Mob etc etc, I could go on forever  :D

586293120[/snapback]

you seem to like trash metal, have you heard testament or annihilator, there some of my favorite thrash metal bands.

soulfly.jpgfearfactory.jpgchimaira.jpg

can't wait. btw, devildriver owns.

also, new god forbid should rule.

586294982[/snapback]

One of my friends was so into the whole soulfly thing that worl was going to ended this year :laugh: It was so funny.

You see the problem with j-metal is, in the japanese language their is no phonetic tones. So it can sound as mild as the day but meanwhile you got the distortion and the wahwah with some fast drums.

But Onmyouza isn't ambient at all you must listen from albums dating way back. Only recently they have been slowing seen how they're the OP to Basilisk - Kouga Ninpou Chou's Manji track.

But if you need a metal listen from japan heres a site

with many listings and samples.

http://www.jrocksaga.com/site/content/artist_index.php

Yeah i got the new Chimaira album and it's very good, even better then there last i think.

Still want the new God Forbid album and Fear Factory.

The InFlames DVD was released a couple of days ago, should interest quite a few of you :)

I'm just off to town to try and find it, which will be quite a mission in the music shops around here...

One of my friends was so into the whole soulfly thing that worl was going to ended this year :laugh: It was so funny.

586295383[/snapback]

max is a god.

the company that i work for recently put xm radio for us to listen to. i keep telling the formen to put on ch. 41 the boneyard so we can listen to some metal ! it get`s bad when all you hear is top 40 . :no: i`ll get them to try it yet !!!