Neowin Metal Club

About AC/DC, it's not my type to categorize... but what can you do when you hear their songs! The only thing that comes naturally is stomping your feet in a binary tempo (boom tsss boom tsss etc) with Phil Rudd... and even Angus Young! To me, AC/DC is a f**king great rock band!!! :p

Threads like these make me wish I visited this section more often.

Current favorites:

Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked

Stormwarrior - Northern Rage

Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic Calling

Redemption - The Fullness of Time

Aborted - The Archaic Abbatoir

8 Foot Sativa - Season for Assault

Metal resources:

http://www.metalreview.com

http://www.metalstorm.ee

http://www.metal-forums.net

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/

a lot of metal to me is noisy with unorchestrated vocals (usually yelling). maybe i've been listening to the wrong metal. i guess i'm more of a dream theater fan than a metal fan. just the right mix of shredding, musicality, and technique.

I just now bought "Ashes of The Wake" by Lamb Of God.? IMO it's their best album.? Hmm what else, there is so much metal we could discuss in here.? Can't wait for the new Children of Bodom album to come out.

586230068[/snapback]

There is HEAPS we could discuss in here, I will right a few album reveiws for this thread give me time. Metal is infinate there is just so much, I hope this thread turns out like the one at OCAU they are already on 200+ pages full of reveiws and whatn:D :D

and by the way that album is ****en aweso;) ;)

Right now I personally am listening to the Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil alb(Y)((Y)(Y) damn awesome

I just now bought "Ashes of The Wake" by Lamb Of God.  IMO it's their best album.  Hmm what else, there is so much metal we could discuss in here.  Can't wait for the new Children of Bodom album to come out.

586230068[/snapback]

ashes is a great disc. lamb of god is by far one of my top 3 bands now. :punk:

Supposedly their label is going to try and turn Lamb of God into the next Pantera. Now, I like Lamb of God, but I think that's going a bit too far.

For what it's worth, As the Palaces Burn is my favorite LoG album.

Supposedly their label is going to try and turn Lamb of God into the next Pantera.? Now, I like Lamb of God, but I think that's going a bit too far.

586230343[/snapback]

I hope they don't turn into Pantera because they weren't all that good. ;))

Oh and AC/DC comes under as Blues Rock. Their not anywhere near one of my favourites but i guess everyone can consider them classic.

@ Dreamz, alot of Metal like Death Metal use unmelodic vocals because the riffs and drum beats are too fast and crazy for anything truely melodic. However some Death Metal bands manage to pull it off like Control Denied.

I like Children of Bodom, whens the new album due?\

ElHotSausage, your intelligent response amuses me. Your pure wit.

Hendrix' style was hard blues, not rock.he once said 'It's not hard to play blues, but it's hard to feel it' Anyway, the genre is unimportant.What counts is the music itself.Don't draw borders 'round music and don't try to fit it into cathegories - it's art ... it's free.If you don't get what am trying to say ... you're either too young or too dump to understand.

586229472[/snapback]

theres like 50 sub genres to rock or more, and blues rock is one of them, and i beleive i said jimi hendrixwas rock, so he fits under that. and ****, theres to manyy people on neowin who start bagging one another when someone says somthing they dont like, this is just gona turn into one big argument, i guess thats why theres no clubs on neowin, every here fights you should see other forums there like one big happy family.

I think that things can often be overly classified, but there are times where it's necessary. If you take a melodic death act like Nightrage or Scar Symmetry and lump it in with brutal/epic death metal band like Nile then there is a need for sub-categorization.

I think that things can often be overly classified, but there are times where it's necessary.? If you take a melodic death act like Nightrage or Scar Symmetry and lump it in with brutal/epic death metal band like Nile then there is a need for sub-categorization.

586232432[/snapback]

i got this godless endevour, not really what im into but people seem to like it, it gets good reveiws on websites.

Guys I been listening to Lamb of Gods Ashes of the Wake Its an amazingly Solid album I recommend!!, It almost Kicks your ass Non stop for the whole album. Very Very Solid one of my favs right now.

Guys I been listening to Lamb of Gods Ashes of the Wake Its an amazingly Solid album I recommend!!, It almost Kicks your ass Non stop for the whole album. Very Very Solid one of my favs right now.

586234225[/snapback]

il get it, gtg now the school bell just went and it's finished

eh eh... Lamb of God... forgot to mention them in my previous post (like Mudvayne, or so many others), 100% pure american metal. For the comparison with Pantera, why not? Their music is quite intense too, and sufficiently technical, the guitar is melodic an powerful at the same time, and their singer screams like hell! I can see many things that they have (had? RIP Dimebag, you'll be missed forever...) in common on the musical plan.

Laid to rest kicks ass, and the rest of the Ashes of the Wake album too

Console yourself

You're better alone

Destroy yourself

See who gives a f**k

Supposedly their label is going to try and turn Lamb of God into the next Pantera.? Now, I like Lamb of God, but I think that's going a bit too far.

586230343[/snapback]

dude. if they had dime, they would own pantera. lamb of god is more of a band than pantera was (at least in the later years). they are a great band, they get along really well, and they have some of the sickest riff breakdowns i have heard in a while. long live lamb of god.

you gotta hear the new chimaira though. it's a fricking masterpiece.

If you don't have it, I'd recommend picking up the 'Ashes of the Wake' DualDisc. The live footage is awesome, as well as it has the entire cd in surround sound.

I hope they don't turn into Pantera because they weren't all that good.    ;)

ElHotSausage, your intelligent response amuses me. Your pure wit.

586230553[/snapback]

:no: Woa man. :no:

dude. if they had dime, they would own pantera. lamb of god is more of a band than pantera was (at least in the later years). they are a great band, they get along really well, and they have some of the sickest riff breakdowns i have heard in a while. long live lamb of god.

you gotta hear the new chimaira though. it's a fricking masterpiece.

586258735[/snapback]

It's really funny that you say they get along really well. I'm sure they do a majority of the time, but you gotta see the Killadelphia DVD. There's a scene where Randy Blythe and Mark Morton get into a fist fight. Randy loses.

The new Children of Bodom is due out in September and the have an EP coming out in August.

Might I add that Meshuggah's new album "Catch 33" kicks ass. It's great how most of the album is seamless. If you don't have or haven't heard it, go get it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I think I'm going to be buying my Gigantour tickets today for this Friday. It'll be my second time seeing Megadeth, I hope they are as good as they were the first time.

Sounds like a lot of folks here are too bogged down in American metal. There is a ton of better stuff on the other side of the Atlantic, gentlemen. ;)

ashes is a great disc. lamb of god is by far one of my top 3 bands now. :punk:

586230323[/snapback]

they just released a remastered copy of their self titled 'burn the priest' album. for those that don't know, burn the priest turned into lamb of god.

they just released a remastered copy of their self titled 'burn the priest' album. for those that don't know, burn the priest turned into lamb of god.

586277388[/snapback]

And consequently they weren't allowed to perform in an arena owned by a Christian group. I think they got Obituary to replace them. :rolleyes:

Trash Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal.

The best there is. (Y)

586224736[/snapback]

No nu metal please, real metal is the way :D

Just wanted to say Lamb of God are my fav band. Seeing them in London this december ( i know its way off ) but other metal genres i like are Heavy, Death, Black, Thrash and some Metalcore bands but more hardcore types.

Bands i like are Lamb of God, Black Label Society,Kataklysm, At The Gates, Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Obituary, Dimmu Borgir, Soilwork, Nevermore, Slayer, As I Lay Dying, Throwdown, Opeth and more :rofl:

Good to see we have fans of metal in here and its nice to chat about it :yes: hopelly we wont get any body coming in saying " metal is crap " etc, i hate that!

Edited by orange_boy

Might I add that Meshuggah's new album "Catch 33" kicks ass.  It's great how most of the album is seamless.  If you don't have or haven't heard it, go get it.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

I didn't like it as much as their earlier work.

I think I'm going to be buying my Gigantour tickets today for this Friday.  It'll be my second time seeing Megadeth, I hope they are as good as they were the first time.

586276252[/snapback]

The show was awesome, even with the weather delay. Dave sounded a little hoarse, but they still kicked our heads in.

The new Strapping Young Lad, Alien, is quite awesome.

The new Strapping Young Lad, Alien, is quite awesome.

586284364[/snapback]

I just got their DVD - For Those Aboot To Rock. It's excellent, and now I'm really kicking myself for not seeing them when they were in town.

I also bought Lamb of God's Killadelpha DVD, and Opeth's Lamentations. Both very solid DVDs, and well worth the money. Killadelphia shows a side of the band you wouldn't expect to see on a DVD, including a fist fight between the singer and guitarist. And the "making of" documentary included with Lamentations is an added bonus since it would have been worth the purchase even if it was only the concert footage :punk: