We want flash signatures!!

Originally posted by VaxoP

geez wtf are you guys talking about?

flash is design, art, beauty at its finest on the net. if you think that n00bs are going to be posting ugly ass flashes, then youre wrong.. n00bs wont even know how to save a swf file.

ive seen several forums that allow flash.. they load fast (flash sigs are usually 15k), look awesome and never has there been weirdos posting stupid flash movies

n00bs!!! :pirate:

i don't think the mods wanna take care of the few that actually wanna make it difficult for the others.. in the Neowin community there is always someone who thinks they are above everyone else.. i mean it would be phat to have flash and all but then someone is going to abuse it..

just my 2 cents

lol :p

Originally posted by vraa

i don't think the mods wanna take care of the few that actually wanna make it difficult for the others.. in the Neowin community there is always someone who thinks they are above everyone else.. i mean it would be phat to have flash and all but then someone is going to abuse it..

just my 2 cents

lol :p

true, but right now images are allowed in our sig.. i dont see anyone with a animated gif thats meant to give seizures, i dont see oversized files in the bmp format..

if someone has a problem with anothers sig, they are asked to change it and that person does - i dont see how its different with flash

I was under the impression that you can't img imbed flash files so you would have to enable HTML sigs. That decision has been made not to allow them, anyone could take advantage of that, breaking tables etc etc.

I'm inclined to agree with VaxoP. He is correct that file sizes would be small. In fact, if there was no audio, most files would be VERY small, just as small as a .gif with less than 16 colors. The only issues I see are can you embed them in this forum with the current rules about HTML code? And someone needs to find a way to limit the size (already done with images, so what's the big fuss over this, anyway). I do agree there would be a huge problem with audio though. What if someone looped one very small audio file over and over to drive you insane?? How fast would these sigs be purged, and who wants to do that?

even if flash is small, it can be annoying. and what if it has sound? *shudder*

IF (huge IF) flash is enabled, it would need to be limited to very small, simple animations.

sound wouldnt be an option, if your on a page with 7 flash sigs and 4 of them have sound, its gonna be really annoying, hence my dislike for the idea, that and i really dont want to see all these little animations.

TS

I just don't think this is a genie we would want to let out of the bottle. Timdorrs sigs are bad enough (:p ), does neowin really want the hassle of creating guidelines and standards for flash sigs, then deal with the mess of everyone wanting more or people breaking the rules?

Not to mention we'd have to post seizure warnings on the front of the forums page.

Originally posted by codyg11

"People who are pregnant, have heart trouble, or who are epileptic are not allowed because flashy signatures are in use"

I agree that would be silly! I am still sticking to the fact that some idiot would record "the most annoying sound ever" and then loop it over and over! Anyone seen Dumb and Dumber? How would you like that sound being looped over and over because some kid things he's "funny"?!

Originally posted by CrimsonBlur

I agree that would be silly! I am still sticking to the fact that some idiot would record "the most annoying sound ever" and then loop it over and over! Anyone seen Dumb and Dumber? How would you like that sound being looped over and over because some kid things he's "funny"?!

I would probably go to his house and kill him, and since the reason of this would be because of neowin, they would probably get a VERY bad rep, so that wouldn't be to good :p.

I live and work in NY. I can see people flash on the subway, so I'd rather not see it on Neowin as well!

geez wtf are you guys talking about?

flash is design, art, beauty at its finest on the net. if you think that n00bs are going to be posting ugly ass flashes, then youre wrong.. n00bs wont even know how to save a swf file.

ive seen several forums that allow flash.. they load fast (flash sigs are usually 15k), look awesome and never has there been weirdos posting stupid flash movies

Hot girls on the net are what i put in Art and beauty as its finest on the net, not flash

i'm already half blind, your silly flash siggy's will change that to completely blind

i vote NO!

I COME TO NEOWIN TO READ and ASSIST users with PC and General Problems, NOT TO LOOK AT SIGGY'S! The only reason i have one, is so others can see mine, frankly i don't really even pay attention to anyone elses. Flash just makes me WAIT longer to read what i want...

Again i VOTE NO!:ninja: :mad:

aww, me liked "rambo" now its "ninja" better watch out..hehe

no, flash as itself can be enabled.

usage is

i' have to proper code, yours is really wrong its this!

[Flash=NOTATHISLOCATIONTAKEELSEWHERE]

:p

I think it's the general agreement that Flash Signautres would be nothing more than a royal pain in the......

To those of you wanting to use flash, get creative and use an animated gif like others have done...

Should have a Poll Y/N for Flash Sig's

Then have all the mod's or Neobond & Redmak make the final

Decision.

I personally couldn't give a sh*t about flash sig's.

Please, NO flash sigs, they'd be very laggy for dialup if too many had a flash sig, and there is no real use to one, and i highly doubt dialup people want to have to turn off sigs for them.

I say no.Even for broadband flash sigs are a nuisance