NSPS struck down, violations cited

Today a federal judge struck down the NSPS system based on Constitutional rights violations and even the Home Land Security Act provisions violations. This monstrosity of bad legislation that has been tagged under the Patriot Act would have stripped a select group of Federal employees from protections afforded to other Federal workers and private sector workers. The larger implication would have been for those stripped rights to be applied outward to all the federal workers and lastly into the civilian secector thus repealling the laws that were established under FDR to prevent employer abuse and ensure a safe work enviroment.

Largely this has gone overlooked by US society, because it has only been directed at a smaller portion of federal workers. Even as I post this I was unable to google any ralated sources. I got this information from a union related network. Probably tomorrow articles should find themselves in the news.

A larger problem with this bad legislation was the lack of specific information as to how exactly it was to be implimented and exactly how it was to uphold those protections that were claimed to protect. All the while it was being shoved down the throats of those directly affected. Workers in some areas found themselves treated as if they were soldiers and not civilian workers with rights a protections. The fallout from the NSPS would have rippled across the US stripping all US citizens of rights and protections.

... That's cool and all... but this thread is sorta useless to us, don't you think? I mean, i can't speak for anyone else, but i certainly don't know what NSPS is, or how the PATRIOT Act relates to it, and i can't find anything that's very insightful about it on Wikipedia or Google. So, um... not a very common subject, not something you can look up, no news article or anything to summarise the situation for us.... Just the opinion of some guy on Neowin.

I mean, no offence, but this isn't helping me out much.

... That's cool and all... but this thread is sorta useless to us, don't you think? I mean, i can't speak for anyone else, but i certainly don't know what NSPS is, or how the PATRIOT Act relates to it, and i can't find anything that's very insightful about it on Wikipedia or Google. So, um... not a very common subject, not something you can look up, no news article or anything to summarise the situation for us.... Just the opinion of some guy on Neowin.

I mean, no offence, but this isn't helping me out much.

586377979[/snapback]

See that's largely the reason the NSPS has been propagated. Lack of knowledge of those who it was to affect. Google is your friend, you can find info on the NSPS and also the patriot act. I am just pointing out the fact of how the two are connected. The Patriot Act has along with the oringinal articles, additional bad legislation under the guise of the Home Land Security Act.

It is very important that the NSPS did get shut down. It is not my fault others here on neowin don't know much about the NSPS or the Patriot Act. Google and read up.

So you're posting about this subject even though you know nobody knows anything about it, and basically i have to hunt through the entire PATRIOT Act to try to find something about it in order to have even the vaguest idea what you're talking about.

Well... no thanks, i guess. I suppose it will continue to be a 'very important' subject that only you and some guys in a union know about. :shrug:

So you're posting about this subject even though you know nobody knows anything about it, and basically i have to hunt through the entire PATRIOT Act to try to find something about about it in order to have even the vaguest idea what you're talking about.

Well... no thanks, i guess. I suppose it will continue to be a 'very important' subject that only you and some guys in a union know about. :shrug:

586378026[/snapback]

http://www.cpms.osd.mil/nsps/. Read up.

OK I stand corrected. It's not the NSPS but the similiar HSD system that was struck down. The Home Land Security Dept. had their version of the same crappy system, and a law suit for those individuas were filed first and the system was shot down. That sets precedence for the NSPS to be shot down as well. This is a good thing. This is what we get with too many ultra Conservatives in office who only care about making their own selves rich while dicking over the rest of the country.

I have to be honest. Just what is so terrible about the NSPS? I read what little info is available and really didn't see anything in it that would get your skirt in a hoop.