Neowin has exactly 7,290.....

I never post anything much less read any of the forums. I just check out the front page news. I posted serveral times and the responses that were given, esp on the "comments" section on the front page, all i got was real smart ass remarks. I know this doesn't mean everyone here is like that, but it is true that one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. It just really turned me off to forums. It's not that I lose sleep over it, just don't care to be put down by someone that I don't know and never will know...just not my thing. But for everyone else, glad neowin forums have helped.

Originally posted by tscallions

I never post anything much less read any of the forums. I just check out the front page news. I posted serveral times and the responses that were given, esp on the "comments" section on the front page, all i got was real smart ass remarks. I know this doesn't mean everyone here is like that, but it is true that one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. It just really turned me off to forums. It's not that I lose sleep over it, just don't care to be put down by someone that I don't know and never will know...just not my thing. But for everyone else, glad neowin forums have helped.

I'm sorry you feel that way. As a matter of fact, it saddens me that new members (DON'T call new members newbs unless they are OK w/ it!) are not accepted. It really does. :(

Originally posted by Redmak

The user database is some 4Mb in size and the whole database is like 300Mb.

If I where to delete 1/4 (taking last activity into consideration) of the users that would mean I'd save 1Mb.

This won't speed up mysql one bit and we have enough disk space so that's no issue either

I say get that 1MB back and let us have our attachments back, let's say like 10kb/user, sound fair? :p.

Deathlace: You want it all, don't you? ;)

How can you read some of these posts and not reply? I was looking at the board for about 2 min last year and had to tell someone just exactly how screwed up they were.

Of course, here we are now, and Keldyn wasn't as crazy as I thought! (j/k...I think I was arguing with Wickedkitten my first three or four posts...)

Originally posted by DeathLace

There should be a timeout period, one person will be registered for one year tomorrow and he hasn't posted once :(.

maybe he does a lot of private messaging ;)

Originally posted by deadzombie

Of course, here we are now, and Keldyn wasn't as crazy as I thought! (j/k...I think I was arguing with Wickedkitten my first three or four posts...)

Nope. Just alot more so:cheeky: :knocked-o

hhhhmmmmm,lol....I just posted this topic cos I was bored didn't think there'd be a stampede of people to reply...lol.Anyways,If redmak did decide to clear out that 1 mb of mysql space and allowed attachments,wouldn't be no use for it...the little 1 mb would fill up within an hour with as many active users here and the high volume of images in most of these posts.Some ppl will just abuse it anyways....