Large Portions of Los Angeles Losing Power...

if canada helps supply power again like last time california was losing power, we as canadians should play hardball and force the lifting of the softwood lumber tariff. i definitely don't mind helping out a country in need for electricity or anything but the lumber tariff is hurting canadian economy so much. i guess this would be discussion for another thread...

Around 1PM PDT, much of the Los Angeles area lost power. It is reported that a worker accidentally cut a line, though I think it is something more. Turn on CNN or your favorite TV news media. It's everywhere. Me being a conspiracy theorist think something more is happening, possibly extra-terrestrial, but don't listen to me! Listen to the news media! BTW, sorry if this has been posted, i searched GD and MM but found nothing.

um, hello!

When a terrorist group says that Los Angeles is next... and the day after it he says that... the city looses power, it kind of sounds suspicous. I'm pretty sure its not an attack, but you never know.

586515524[/snapback]

Or maybe, just maybe, it's a load of BS.

:rolleyes:

most likey someone some where knocked something or did cut a cable.

When my old house was getting pileded (Big long sticks of concreate in teh ground) we did go thru a BT wire and also i think it was a some form of powerline for another area, everyone wonderd why the cable had gone out, well thats where it comes from where we knocked the power out

someone cut the wrong cable..

every single AM and FM radio station here had a 4 hour frenzy about it, explaining why the outages are happening.. they explained everything, but i forgot it already :p

the wire was cut, and we have these grids that power sections of cities and i guess there was a surge of power to one of those grids (i think i'm using the wrong word.) so this thing will shutdown to prevent damage, and then it goes in order.. which is why they call it a rolling black-out..

this sounds more like pulling it out of my ass than my memory. lol

then when they do fix that cut wire, they can't just "flip the switch" those electric machine things have to have a certain amount of energy going through them at a consistant rate before they let it work on powering the city again.

i tried..

its not affecting me.

LAPD was also on citywide tactical alert yesterday. There was fear that it might be a terrorist act (day after 9/11) because of recent threat alerts including Los Angeles.

they should still take caution with that, but come on, if terrorists are going to target anything, i think they'd target where its densly populated right?

not messing with the power lines.. its not going to harm anyone.. infact peole got a few extra hours of lunch out of it.. :p

If a wire was cut with such voltage the person who cut it would be dead, and possibly even a large fire. Are you all really that dumb. One wire cant cause a city to go out. Theres something called sub stations.