Robot Arturito Finds 10 Billion Dollar Treasure

A Chilean company used a robot called Arturito (In Spanish Star Wars R2D2 is named Arturito, which means little Arthur) to find a Spanish gold treasure buried in 1715 by Spanish sailor Juan Esteban Ubilla y Echeverria.

The gold treasure is estimated to be worth 10 Billion Dollars. The mobile robot has a scanner that can find objects until a depth of 50 meters.

I guess this robot paid for itself.

Source

Imagine the PC you could build....*drool*

586587121[/snapback]

Man, you need to get an imagination. A PC? :laugh: This is in Nerd "Free" News.

What you should be thinking is what kind of car, ship and plane you could buy as well as where you wanted to buy villas around the world. :D

I'd be too busy travelling and having fun outdoors to play games or build a PC. That is why you guys use windows right? ;) If you had billions of dollars, you buy a top of the line Alienware PC and there would be no need to go on the cheap by building it yourself.

I'd have a pbook for email/the web and to keep in touch with family/friends with an iSight camera as well as to edit/store my photos and DV. It would just be an appliance to me like the DV camera or digital camera.

Surfing, scuba diving, sky diving, hiking and exploring ancient ruins is much more fun in "real life" than it is sitting at a computer playing games to simulate it.

I just got back from a week trip to Rome and I would not trade the experience for anything. I would think twice about spending several grand on a computer but spending that much money on a trip to an ancient city like Rome is well worth it.

If you are going to get a video camera, stay away from those mini DVD cameras as they will record in low bit rate compressed MPEG2 video and you will have a hell of a time editing it. I took along a Sony DCR-HC21 which is not as far as low end models go. The widescreen (16:9) video looks great.

If I was a rich man, I'd get a HDR-HC1. There is a higher end model but if you are travelling, you don't want have too much carry on luggage. Always take your electronics as carry on when flying.

Edited by aristotle-dude

$10 billion would get my a house in the mountains of AZ, i'd hire some professors, build them a learning institute, build a HUGE telescope, and donate what i could to charity. (Y)