Man escapes prison as 'identical twin'

Man escapes prison as 'identical twin'

November 07, 2005

LONDON: In a stunt seemingly more reminiscent of Hollywood films, a teenage criminal in Britain has escaped from jail after posing as his identical twin brother, authorities said.

Police have launched a hunt for 17-year-old Gary O'Donnell, who was serving a 4 1/2 year sentence for assault at Polmont Young Offenders Institution in Stirlingshire, Scotland, they said yesterday.

It is believed the teenager got away earlier that morning after posing as his identical twin John, who was due for release from the same cell block after serving a 60-day sentence for motoring offences.

Gary presented himself when his brother's name was called and officers, none the wiser, let him go. They were then obliged to free John as he had served his full term.

An investigation had begun, prison officials said.

Source

ROFL. I would never do that to my brother :no:

586791383[/snapback]

Well the brother who is suppose to be freed can say he didn't have a clue, if at all he was in on it. Although, i doubt he was that out of touch to not know what his brother was doing.

As long as the brother who was suppose to be released didn't actually do anything and wasn't involved, he should be freed, since he has done his time.

The mother would have quite the joyous day, expecting 1, gets 2... :p

wow they must have planned to to that,in the end they both were release together after all.