Caught drifting

You do realise he's 17, and therefore probably driving for less than a year?

586854872[/snapback]

Does it matter how long he's been driving? Go find any kid that age... They think they're invincible. He'll figure it out when he totals his car and/or winds up in the hospital for a bit.

Does it matter how long he's been driving?  Go find any kid that age...  They think they're invincible.  He'll figure it out when he totals his car and/or winds up in the hospital for a bit.

586857449[/snapback]

Yup, or spends a few nights in a Mexican jail. Or Daddy finds out his "little boy" is bragging on the internet (internet badass) about driving Daddy's car too fast.

If you were my kid you'd be saving your pesos for your own car and wouldn't be driving until you reached 18.

OK I didnt see you were from Mexico. I have no idea about laws in Mexico, however you do that in the states and its called Wreckless driving, yes I spelled it wrong above, however you get thrown in jail for that type of crap.

I'm also very biased againt people pealing out, and sliding sideways in his car because my 12 year old sister was killed by people just like who care about nobody but there selves on the road.

If your eating, talking on a cell phone, changing the radio, or sliding your car like jeff gordon, then your not driving the car and putting others at risk. Just think.

586853842[/snapback]

See, here's a classic situation I think. You know, if your sister WASN'T killed by people who drove that way, you probably wouldn't care so much.

I don't see the problem with him driving like that, IF no ones around. Hell, we all have a need for speed every once in a while. Well, at least I do.

Yup, or spends a few nights in a Mexican jail.  Or Daddy finds out his "little boy" is bragging on the internet (internet badass) about driving Daddy's car too fast.

If you were my kid you'd be saving your pesos for your own car and wouldn't be driving until you reached 18.

586857470[/snapback]

My dad knows how I drive. Just yesterday we were racing across town in our BMWs looking for a place to eat. :p

The adrenaline rush is awesome, I feel like god.

I have lost control before, I've hit patches of sand and spun out, ended up facing the opposite way on the road and close to hitting trees and other things on the side of the road. That was in residential areas though and I don't do that anymore, it was scary. This intersection I drift at is a lot safer as there are 9 lanes and all other cars are completely stopped, even if I did spin out I would be far from hitting anything since I do it in 1st gear. I try to be careful about where I drift nowdays.

586855806[/snapback]

dont try to justify your actions. your dad should be more responsable too, the pair of you should keep that kind of driving to the race track.

you wont be feeling like god when oneday you will slide into the back of the wrong person. you will proberly be seeing god.

i cant beleave how clever you think you are, you are still a very young driver and it will be years before you can call your self an experienced driver.

For God's sake, things are different where we live ( he lives in Mexico and I live in Dominican Republic, but public corruption and the such are equal in those places), here street racing its like normal.. I have friends that have more than five years driving without a license, here you can get away with some things in another countries you couldn't, you bribe some cops, good, nothing to worry about, you'll never, ever get more than a night in jail, daddy always have somebody to call.. Its not like other places.

Please don't cheer this attention seeking nub along.

his license, car and insurance he can drive however he sees fit. i do!

his license, car and insurance he can drive however he sees fit. i do!

586857733[/snapback]

I'm not taking sides here (I'm indifferent, if this road's as safe as he says, drift on), but that's a terrible argument. The road isn't his.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry586839508 --> by his own admission, he's nearly killed himself several times in the car.

And he reckons he's done 108mph in a 30mph.

Personally, that shows the mentality of a little rich kid who doesn't care about anyone except himself.

Out of interest Huezo, you said you were going from your office, what sort of office do you work in?

Edited by Pilsbury

Drifting is for women who can't control their cars.

But because you can't prove that you had control of your car (and he can, for all intents and purposes, prove that you didn't), he could have arrested you for reckless driving (misdemeanor) or reckless endangerment (felony).

But yes, drifting is for women who can't control their cars.

I just hope one day you do not hit and seriously hurt/kill somebody, you seem very arrogant and you try to justify your driving, you cannot justify driving like you do on a public road. On second thoughts I hope you crash and total your car, that will take you down a peg or two.

Man, why are you guys hatin so hard? I can't tell if you're jealous or if you're just hardasses. I mean, damn you guys are HOPING he totals his car, why? Are you jealous because he has a BMW? I don't understand why everyone is wishing death on this guy..

Man, why are you guys hatin so hard? I can't tell if you're jealous or if you're just hardasses. I mean, damn you guys are HOPING he totals his car, why? Are you jealous because he has a BMW? I don't understand why everyone is wishing death on this guy..

586859850[/snapback]

I can assure you I'm not jealous of nobody like him who drives like a complete and utter idiot, jealous cos he has a BMW? Pfft BMW's don't float my boat.

We ain't being hardasses, we just don't wanna see a innocent person hurt/killed because of his idiotic driving.

hahha, lucky you got let off the hook (Y)

it's winter time here, it just started snowing, and plows are slow right now.. im getting ready to do a few power slides in my neighborhood LOL

586853570[/snapback]

LOL i did that last winter but by accident when no one was around and then i was like "hmm kinda fun!" But then I have to becareful driving haha it isn't taht hard to point out a white car with a big emergency blue light on top .

Drifting is for women who can't control their cars.

But because you can't prove that you had control of your car (and he can, for all intents and purposes, prove that you didn't), he could have arrested you for reckless driving (misdemeanor) or reckless endangerment (felony).

But yes, drifting is for women who can't control their cars.

586859695[/snapback]

cant control their cars? that would be a spin out. drifting is controling what normally isnt controlable. try it. I assure you, it isnt easy. It isnt even easy to get over steer when youre trying if you dont know what youre doing. I laugh.

heres a picture of me "out of control"

When I'm in my brothers car and its winter he will drift corners. But he doenst do it on major roads nor does it do it during the day.....I admit, its fun as hell.

:laugh:

Today I had my first encounter with a police officer regarding what he thought was a traffic violation. Every single day on the way home from my office I drift or powerslide in my Bimmer across one specific intersection. It is a left-hand turn and when the light turns green I have 5 lanes to prepare for the drift (the oncoming traffic lanes) and another 5 lanes to actually drift and the tarmac is very nice. Keep in mind I do need all that space since I drive a 5-Series and after all it is a big and heavy car, definitely not as nimble as a 3-Series. Since I do this every day I've perfected it, and I can drift beautifully across that intersection.

Today was no exception. As I approached that intersection I routinely turned off traction control and put the car in 1st gear (I do this without thinking now). I drifted perfectly and even got smoke from the tires, and then drove calmly as a law-abiding citizen. What I didn't see was that there was a cop 300m ahead of me and he didn't seem to appreciate it as much as I did. He pulled a U-turn to stop me and the conversation went like this:

Me: Hello officer, is there a problem?

Cop: Why are you in a hurry?

Me: I'm not

Cop: Then why were you going so fast?

Me: I wasn't driving any faster than the speed limit

Cop: I saw you drive through that turn completely sideways, and there was smoke.

Me: I don't see the problem.

Cop: You could have hit another car driving like that.

Me: That's true, but I didn't. Everything was under control.

Cop: Didn't they teach you that you shouldn't do that when you got your license?

Me: They never said anything about drifting through an intersection, I've even studied the state and city traffic laws, where is it outlined?

Cop: It just is. Don't do that again. (leaves)

It was a damn good drift too, he noticed it from 300m away!

This isn't the first time I was seen by a cop but the first time I've been stopped. The last cop that saw me gave me a thumbs-up.

I need to get someone to record a video of these drifts, I wonder how awesome I look. :D

586852915[/snapback]

Dear Moron,

At what point does it not occur to you that drifting across 5 lanes of an intersection

is illegal? ( I doubt any country would allow something like that )

Just because you've been doing it everyday when you get off work does not

mean it suddenly becomes legal.

You're pretty lucky that you don't spin out of control and kill yourself, or someone else. Perhaps someone might record it and you'd win a Darwin award and the world will be a little closer to equilibrium, just a little.