Do you use Warez?

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Warez?

• Yes
    • No

#Begin rant;

I would SO love to be able to pay for this certain graphics program which you all probably know what it is :rolleyes: , but unfortunately, it costs about as much as a new computer, so it's nearly impossible to buy at the point I'm at in life right now. I use some other warezed software too, but everything else (except this graphics program) I could probably find nearly as good free alternatives for if everything was to be taken away from me in an instant.

I would never pay for MS products, and one of the great things about getting a Mac is that I can get away from MS if I want to. I'll really try to get the money for most software I'll use on the Mac.

This may sound weird, but one of the first things I'll do when I have a real job is buy the full version of Pho.. the graphics program :p, because I've learned very much by using it, and I'll definately use it when I'm working proffesionally in the future, probably as a web designer.

#End rant;

Originally posted by Ash

Slightly wrong there...

I dunno if you knew about it, last December there was a big thing with the FBI busting wares ppl... their main goal was a specific group, but ther operation was 3 different mission, one was that group, i beleieve the 2nd was another group, the other was a trap FTP which was public and they logged ppl downloading from it... they said they were arresting everybody in their list of FTP downloaders and confiscating their computers.

I haven't really heard about anything after that except the arrested some ppl and took their computers ( which by the law they won be getting back cause its turned into evidence )...

But it goes to prove that the aren't completly ignoring the ppl who just download stuff.

i hope the fbi comes to my door, i'd love to give em the finger and slam the door in their face.

rcmp might be a problem though. but if all they have is a ip log you can get outta that in about 2 seconds, 1 word, spoofing.

I think they had the cooperation of the RCMP... ( I know they did in an operation before that one where they busted ppl who were hosting a large warez ftp on the Sherbrook University server ( which was in Quebec, same province im in )

And claimnig Spoofing won't do much as then come to your house they aint gonna be asking if they could plase come and and see if you have illegal stuff... the come with warrent, walk in take computer to whereever they take it to investigate it. Claiming spoofing wont do anything when they see the pirated stuff on your comp hehe.

Originally posted by Ash

I think they had the cooperation of the RCMP... ( I know they did in an operation before that one where they busted ppl who were hosting a large warez ftp on the Sherbrook University server ( which was in Quebec, same province im in )

And claimnig Spoofing won't do much as then come to your house they aint gonna be asking if they could plase come and and see if you have illegal stuff... the come with warrent, walk in take computer to whereever they take it to investigate it. Claiming spoofing wont do anything when they see the pirated stuff on your comp hehe.

its not hard to clean a hd in a huge hurry. i'm sure a hammer would do the job.

I use some warez.

2 reasons why I can sleep at night.

1. I am not stealing from anyone, because if I didn't DL it for free, I would never buy it anyway. It's like seeing a new bike on someone's front lawn, making an exact copy of it and riding the copied bike home. That is not stealing.

2. I am in a position in my business where I affect what software my company buys when upgrades are needed. I could not, in good conscience, propose spending $100,000 without at least trying a full version of it first. In my opinion, all people that influence software purchase decisions should get free copies. On top of that, there are alot of software purchases that have occurred soley because I have used it in the past and was familiar with it already. Computer Software is the only industry I know of that does not lure "clients" with free products.

Originally posted by CdCViRus

Windows Always Requires Extreme Zipping

P.S. Sorry, couldnt think of anything at all for "z"

that one should be in the Acronyms thread :p

The group they "busted" hasnt been active in the warez scene for years. they used to be one of the top groups.. then they fell apart and had not released anything for years.. the FBI *thinks* they are in the KNOW, when they dont know jack...

i knew some guys in that group.. none of them are acting members anymore after the downfall of the group years ago.. none of them got busted.. the people who did get busted - mostly got for possesion and trafficing.. as i said they had not released any software (in any kind of noticable quantity that is) for years.

Originally posted by Ash

Slightly wrong there...

I dunno if you knew about it, last December there was a big thing with the FBI busting wares ppl... their main goal was a specific group, but ther operation was 3 different mission, one was that group, i beleieve the 2nd was another group, the other was a trap FTP which was public and they logged ppl downloading from it... they said they were arresting everybody in their list of FTP downloaders and confiscating their computers.

I haven't really heard about anything after that except the arrested some ppl and took their computers ( which by the law they won be getting back cause its turned into evidence )...

But it goes to prove that the aren't completly ignoring the ppl who just download stuff.

i check yes but i only try it that way

if i find i will use it ill go buy it

99% of software on my machine i have paid for

i have 1 piece i am testing if i find i like it

i will purchase it

even if it does cost $400.00

i remember the first piece of software i bought for

my atari st 520 cost $400 and that was back in 1988

it was dr t's sequencer

any one know if they are still arround?

Originally posted by Pride

I use some warez.

2 reasons why I can sleep at night.

1. I am not stealing from anyone, because if I didn't DL it for free, I would never buy it anyway. It's like seeing a new bike on someone's front lawn, making an exact copy of it and riding the copied bike home. That is not stealing.

2. I am in a position in my business where I affect what software my company buys when upgrades are needed. I could not, in good conscience, propose spending $100,000 without at least trying a full version of it first. In my opinion, all people that influence software purchase decisions should get free copies. On top of that, there are alot of software purchases that have occurred soley because I have used it in the past and was familiar with it already. Computer Software is the only industry I know of that does not lure "clients" with free products.

I must question your judgement for your first point.

That's not how the software industry works. You don't have a bike and then can just clone it.

Think about a bike store. Hundreds of nice yellow identical bikes standing in a row. They're all for sale. So you can't just take one a leave, you have to pay for it.

The idea your thinking of does work, but that's NOT how the software industry works.

And to the Microsoft people reading. HI!!!!! :D

I love you since you sent me my replacement Intellimouse :)

• 2 weeks later...