Do you use Warez?

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Warez?

• Yes
    • No

I have bought every piece of software for my computer and took advantage of all the 'educational' bargens that were out there.

Yet, in the case of my CD breaking.. *cough*Office XP*cough* cough* and since then would be FORCED to buy another Office XP Licence... I downloaded the Retail version and used my KEY.

In a perfect world you could just flash your agreement and get a new CD... Many of my favorite games got scratched up to the point where I could no longer use them anymore... I sit here with all the boxes... all the keys.. and am forced to buy whole new copies.

THAT is the case when I hunt for warez... to replace my broken software CDs. Yet my life has been very nice since I got my new hard drive.. I make a backup ISO of everything I buy then use the burned copy. Yet many companies have made it VERY hard to copy CDs with all this protection... How can I preserve my CD?

Oh how I loath for the day when we can just have a digital licence agreement we use to DOWNLOAD our software and burn them ourselves.... (MSDN for us normal consumers) certainly saves time from going to the store.

EDIT:

Regarding MP3's and MOVIES

I download a slew of MP3's Yet mostly are game-based (Capcom does not really care if people download a MP3 of RockmanX4) They like all the publicity they get... they even love FANGAMES.

Normally if I hear a song I like on the radio, I download it.. Listen to it then see if I can find a place where I can buy that CD for cheap. If not then I just stick with my little song and wait for a 'legal distribution of online music service' that I can buy the song from(buy later)... a whole CD-I just buy it.

For movies, I use my TV to watch all the latest shows.. Yet in the case of Anime, I have to download fansubs. Which are caputured from TV-Tokyo and are legal untill the 'ENGLISH VIDEO' is out. It is a great way to see what is out there untill the DVD version of the series is released. If i like it... gives me more reason to buy the DVD.. if I hate it.. I don't waste my money.

I wouldn't go so far to say that "everyone uses warez", but the majority, especially one's that spend a good amount of time on the PC, it becomes a habit I think (ooooH mp3's).

I personally think they need a new gameplan for making money on software, it's far too easy to make and distribute illegal copies.

Maybe they should be less worried of home consumers, and more on the big businesses, which are less likely to use illegal copies, AND buy more at a time.

Games are probably an exception, I believe that type of software brings in plenty of money even with all the illegal copies circulating, especially when you take into consideration the consoles: ps2, xbox, gamecube.

Originally posted by Keldyn

I question the sense behind publically admitting you use warez, particularly on a forum monitored by Microsoft. Nice one...:rolleyes:

Oh well [grins], Hi Microcrap...how's it 'hanging'? :p

Originally posted by betax

I have bought every piece of software for my computer and took advantage of all the 'educational' bargens that were out there.

Yet, in the case of my CD breaking.. *cough*Office XP*cough* cough* and since then would be FORCED to buy another Office XP Licence... I downloaded the Retail version and used my KEY.

In a perfect world you could just flash your agreement and get a new CD... Many of my favorite games got scratched up to the point where I could no longer use them anymore... I sit here with all the boxes... all the keys.. and am forced to buy whole new copies.

THAT is the case when I hunt for warez... to replace my broken software CDs. Yet my life has been very nice since I got my new hard drive.. I make a backup ISO of everything I buy then use the burned copy. Yet many companies have made it VERY hard to copy CDs with all this protection... How can I preserve my CD?

Oh how I loath for the day when we can just have a digital licence agreement we use to DOWNLOAD our software and burn them ourselves.... (MSDN for us normal consumers) certainly saves time from going to the store.

sorry betax, but it sounds like you're quite careless with your cds, and even-so, all power to ya in purchasing your software! By The way, You should be entitled to backing up your own purchased copies. In terms of perserving your cd-roms, May wanna purchase a CD Album, don't do like me, and put em on spindles, I figure a CD Album or CD Case would be ideal, also available are sleeves, which are also good.

Office XP was a rare occasion... I even called tech-support.

I even said I would send everything boxed back to them... even the shatterd CD.. if that is what it took to prove I bout the darn forsaken expensive package.

Games... well... I would just use them too often and VIRUAL CD's were not an option with a 4GB drive.

Originally posted by betax

Office XP was a rare occasion... I even called tech-support.

I even said I would send everything boxed back to them... even the shatterd CD.. if that is what it took to prove I bout the darn forsaken expensive package.

Games... well... I would just use them too often and VIRUAL CD's were not an option with a 4GB drive.

I LOVE the forums - ya never know what stupid thing you might read today!

betax - you are SOOO funny!

Originally posted by 3nd3r

here is the correct answers for those unsure if they may get into trouble:

Hi i am a n00b, whats WaReZ?? :p

What's a "n00b"? :sleeping: