Nero Burning Rom Alternatives

>Nero<

http://www.nero.com/

6.6 [Worth A Shot]

1. Pretty small compared to the amount of features offered

2. Costs money but still worth it

3. Nice interface and excellent technology

The ultimate burning tool, but not free...

Uninstalled

>Roxio<

http://www.roxio.com/

7 [Worth A Shot]

1. Bloated interface and overall very large in size

2. Great burning ability, very nice already-made options

3. Costs money

Nero seems much better...

Uninstalled

>CDburnerXP Pro<

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

3.0 [Worth A Shot]

1. Free but does almost everything

2. Fast and nice interface

3. Many useful features

One app for all burning needs and it's free...

Stays on Computer

>Alcohol 120%<

>burnatonce<

>deepburner<

...from: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=277251

Mine definitely needs an update :laugh: thanks for the guide copernic.

Hey, Copernic ...

Do you happen to have a list of burners that work with Ashampoo Burning Studio 5? I have a Plextor 716A DVD?R/RW installed and am running the Nero 7 Demo but am not looking forward to the license fee or the 10,000 lbs of code I will never in this life time use.

I have now gone out of the Nero field. Byebye Nero, welcome to my computer, CDburnerXP 3 Pro. :D I also have

burnatonce installed as well. :)

Well, Jason He, he means that Nero is too bloaty for a CD burning program. It's now more of a Multimedia creation software rather than just a CD and DVD burning program. Most of us just need a simple CD and DVD burning program, not a multimedia creation software like Nero have became. The list the OP have put up is best free or cheaper alternatives to Nero and Roxio.

Hey, Copernic ...

Do you happen to have a list of burners that work with Ashampoo Burning Studio 5? I have a Plextor 716A DVD?R/RW installed and am running the Nero 7 Demo but am not looking forward to the license fee or the 10,000 lbs of code I will never in this life time use.

Oops ... I replaced that Plextor 716A with a Sony DRU-710A burner and is the one I was wondering whether or not it would make nice with Ashampoo. Sorry for the confusion.:blush::

Tested SCDWriter, only 450k , it's does everything I need , no installation required, a mind blower :woot:

I'm puting this on my must-have utility list

Oops ... I replaced that Plextor 716A with a Sony DRU-710A burner and is the one I was wondering whether or not it would make nice with Ashampoo. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Ashampoo recording software supports CD and DVD drives from all leading manufacturers (including SONY and TDK) as listed below:

http://www.ashampoo-11.com/ashampoo.com/su...are/index_e.htm

:)

How does it integrate with Nero ?

Also, how can I use this integration ?

I seem to remember, when I installed DVD Shrink, I needed to have Nero installed for it to work.

I gave CDburnerXP 3 Pro a shot, had 400mb of files to burn on a 700mb CD & it came back with the message that there wasn't enough space on the media. I successfully burnt the data onto the CD with Nero afterwards.

Anyone know what could have caused this? Thanks.

Oh, and regarding Alcohol 120%, how do you burn individual files onto a CD/DVD? The only options I can see to burn are for images..

Guess i'm stuck with Nero for a while yet.. :(

Nice finds. I'm currently been using RecordNow Max (probably not updated) as it works better for me with my old Pioneer burner. Still have Nero installed just incase I want to do something else easier.

BTW, about the SCDWriter program I uploaded, can anyone verify if it can also burn .img and .bin/.cue also? I can only find an option to burn .iso.

What is the best burning software to burn aload of avi files onto a DVD disk and play them back on a DVD Player?

Nero 7 is rubbish because it transcodes the file, burns it and when i come to play it back the video is faster than the sound, so there is a 3 second delay.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

i would use CBXP but it doesnt do a dvd-video thing. so like if i wanted a super video cd or something it couldnt do it. also it couldnt burn .vob files and that kind of stuff for making a dvd-video thing...or is there any way to do that with CBXP?

What is the best burning software to burn aload of avi files onto a DVD disk and play them back on a DVD Player?

Nero 7 is rubbish because it transcodes the file, burns it and when i come to play it back the video is faster than the sound, so there is a 3 second delay.

Any ideas?

I use ConvertXtoDVD to convert to DVD filestructure and format, and Prassi ONES for the burning. Yes, it still transcodes it, but it does a really good job and it's fast.

Nero has become utter crap. Rather sad, really.

I never thought I would stop using Nero 6.6, I shrinked it (using the NCAB tool at MSFN unattended application install forums) so the installer only had Nero Burning Rom (+Nero Express, nice clear User Interface), Nero Tools and Nero Coverdesigner.

Now with Nero 7 it REALLY needs shrinking, but there isn't a good fast bugfree method yet.

I did got it working, just ~19 MB (only Nero burningrom+Nero Express, Nero Tools, Coverdesigner) but now there is a new version of Nero 7 and the shrinkmethod doesn't work anymore.

I tried couple of programs, Ashampoo really has the BEST and clearest interface, I don't understand why it is so hard for companies to think of an easy GUI. An easy and clear GUI can be a lot faster then for example the Nero 5 looks.

So I am considering to switch to Ashampoo... not quite sure.