Damn Another Ticket

So I bought my frist 5 speed 3 weeks ago. Its a Hyndai Accent GT 2 door. It currently has an custom intake and upgraded exhast putting me around 110 hp. This is good for being a 2100 lb car. I have a bad speeding habbit. Yea you guys know where this is going. So I got antoher ticket 80 in a 55. Damn Trooper. But he was doing his job what can I say. No hate. So my lawyer said he was going to charge me 150 + court cost and he would bring this down to 9 under with no insurance points. The bad thing the same day at night I was racing a Tibrion V6. :devil:

Here comes the "Ricer" comments.

I failed to mention, the tib smoked me hahaha. :p

Not a "ricer" just a "prick". Racing on roads is pathetic. Try a decent track - that's where skill is involved. And not some silly Nascar loop either...

Seriously, I find street racing to be the most arrogant passtime of recent years. Bunch of rich boys acting like they are "street", and then acting like they own the roads.

Ok if I was a rich boy. Would I have a HYNDAI ACCENT!!!!!

You just might want to google the msrp on the car buddy.

To race on a track, i belive you need a roll cage, preformance tires etc etc.

Ohh yea I do own your road. For I am king son. :)

if you really want.. get a radar detector.. but just slow down.. simple as that..

I have a radar dector, but I belive law enforcment in the Charlotte area are using new techonlogies that are not dectable by my old radar dector.

Ok its like this....I'll put it in computer symbolism. Going fast in a nice car = Overclocking a nice cpu.

After you get several tickets and when it starts to make your insurance go up you'll soon learn to mostly obey the speed limit.

It was a combination of that and simply being the car that always got stopped just because I drive a '91 Honda Civic CRX Si. I'd usually be the one going the slowest. Lazy cops.

Now I'm the one going no more than the speed limit and ticking off cars behind me. Oh well, that's their problem.

I have a radar dector, but I belive law enforcment in the Charlotte area are using new techonlogies that are not dectable by my old radar dector.

Ok its like this....I'll put it in computer symbolism. Going fast in a nice car = Overclocking a nice cpu.

right .... where you think that up ?

Since when is overclocking a PC illegal?

Since when does overclocking a PC then kill somebody?

You dont sound like a nice person at all, and im glad you got MORE point for speeding. I hope you learn your lesson. Maybe next time you wont be so lucky and you will hit someone/thing.

:no:

Going fast in a nice car = Overclocking a nice cpu.

Um.... No

Overclocking affects only yourself. Speeding is affected by others and affects others. How childish are you?

And since you have a Hyndai - your "Nice car" point is a little moot too!

You dont sound like a nice person at all, and im glad you got MORE point for speeding. I hope you learn your lesson. Maybe next time you wont be so lucky and you will hit someone/thing.

Exactly what I was thinking. He seems to post thinking that everyone will think that he's "cool" or something, in reality he's just another street racing moron.

After you get several tickets and when it starts to make your insurance go up you'll soon learn to mostly obey the speed limit.

It was a combination of that and simply being the car that always got stopped just because I drive a '91 Honda Civic CRX Si. I'd usually be the one going the slowest. Lazy cops.

Now I'm the one going no more than the speed limit and ticking off cars behind me. Oh well, that's their problem.

Its all about lawyer power. No points on insurance = no raises in inurance.

Ok I got a question. What causes more deaths, people going slow or fast? Seriously think about it. Its not like I DWI. The faster I go, the more aware I am. If I'm going around the speed limit my ADD kicks in. :(

Also the last thing I "hit" was your mom and sister in a duo. :shiftyninja: :woot: :D

Exactly what I was thinking. He seems to post thinking that everyone will think that he's "cool" or something, in reality he's just another street racing moron.

If I wanted to be cool, I would be smoking weed, acting gansta, etc. etc. to be fitting in with the local crowd. I hardly go out, the only time I really drive my car is from work and to home. I work about 50 hours a week which leaves me with litte time to do thing's. You guys watch too much "Fast and the furious" movies. I am who I am, If I'm a "prick" so be it.

You are still paying for a lawyer I assume and probably more than what you insurance going up is going to cost.

150 bucks. Insurance over 3 years would be a lot higher.

Not bad I say. But you'd save $150 for NOT speeding. Oh and using ADD as an excuse to speed is ridiculous.

Well I must say the 150 + court cost is not fun. But I do accept it, I'm not really trying to make excuses either. I accept what I have done and accept the pentility. Also If I die in my car I die.

Ok if I was a rich boy. Would I have a HYNDAI ACCENT!!!!!

You just might want to google the msrp on the car buddy.

To race on a track, i belive you need a roll cage, preformance tires etc etc.

Ohh yea I do own your road. For I am king son. :)

You write like you have no brain cells.

When you are dead and wrapped around a lamp-post you won't be able to post here no-more as you will be brown bread.

Failing that you might kill a family observing the road speed as you are too stupid to observe road saftey and speed laws.

You will do life in prison, that reminds me of that joke o_O.

I have a question. Are more accidents caused by people going at or under the speed limit or over? Watch the news for a week at night and see what you come up with.

I have a question. Are more accidents caused by people going at or under the speed limit or over? Watch the news for a week at night and see what you come up with.

No they are caused by people either going too fast or slowing down when they see speed camera signs or get told by anti-speed camera dashboard boxes in their cars.

I read an article a while back relating our roads (american) to german roads. The autobahn has far less accidents compared to american highways. Reason being people leave the fast lane open for people who speed. Basically usually if I see someone that wants to pass me I let them, I'm not going to be a douche. But if everyone in here says they have never sped you are ingorant. I think I have said all I have to be said, this is will only go in circles, thanks for the morning arugment. :D

Edited by DustinTurbo

I think the point everyone is trying to make is, if you are going to speed, expect a ticket and don't complain when you do. Since when does adding a new exhaust add 7 hp? (correct me if I'm wrong)

If you really don't want to get a ticket, don't speed, just because you have a Hyundai Accent GT 2 door, doesn't mean you need to prove something to people with "nicer" cars. It's not all about speed, it's the ride, comfort, and reliability. Just be aware of your surroundings, when people slow down, chances are you should slow down too, more than likely they see the cop before you. MOST cops are easy to catch if you pay attention.

The public road system is designed for one purpose and one purpose only---to provide transportation. It's not a joke and it's not made for fun. Sure, there's nothing wrong with taking out that Harley for a cruise, but going almost 30 mph over the limit is just plain irresponsible. You put others at risk as well as yourself. At increased speeds your braking distance increases, you have a wider turning radius (within the same level of control), and a greater chance of losing control of the vehicle or rolling over especially in bad weather or from road hazards. And those who drive "slow" may only be a danger because everyone else on the road is exceeding the speed limit---you have to put things into perspective. Speed limits are designed to be the maximum, safe speed under normal driving conditions. Of course factors such as nearby population levels are also taken into account, hence the word "safe". Remember the word maximum as well, since the person driving 45 in the 50 zone is doing exactly what they should be doing. Most people I see still drive over even in bad weather conditions like rain and snow. Think about how many pile-ups could be prevented if the drivers had been doing the maximum 55 instead of 75 and maintaining proper distance.

Its all about lawyer power. No points on insurance = no raises in inurance.

Ok I got a question. What causes more deaths, people going slow or fast? Seriously think about it. Its not like I DWI. The faster I go, the more aware I am. If I'm going around the speed limit my ADD kicks in. :(

Also the last thing I "hit" was your mom and sister in a duo. :shiftyninja: :woot: :D

If I wanted to be cool, I would be smoking weed, acting gansta, etc. etc. to be fitting in with the local crowd. I hardly go out, the only time I really drive my car is from work and to home. I work about 50 hours a week which leaves me with litte time to do thing's. You guys watch too much "Fast and the furious" movies. I am who I am, If I'm a "prick" so be it.

Firstly faster people WILL kill more than slower. And its not like if you were doing 55MPH you would of been going TOO slow, as everyone else would of been. I agree that people who would do 20MPH in a 55MPH zone would be too slow and should get pulled over.

It also depends on where you were speeding, if it was in a area with the slightest possibilty of people then i wouldnt speed, if im on a empty motorway and its clear and im fully awake, i will speed to get from A-B faster.

You just need to grow up, you relise you have a problem with speeding so cut it out. You seem to just laugh it off, the ticket, i know if i got a ticket for speeding i would be laughing, but proberly thinking how stupid i was in the first place to do it.

I'd also like to see you against about 95% of the other cars out there with more power. I get all kinds of idiots (not far from your self) who sit next to me at lights revving there crappy engines. Lights go, i dont even put my foot down but im away quicker then them. Not that i encourage things like that, but some of them need to relise there cars are ######, and need to stop driving like idiots.

Im reporting you for the "kiddie" comment about "hitting" my mum (and apparently the sister i have never known about) You are obviously old enough to drive (i assume 16,17+) but not old enough to act mature, and refrain from stupid comments such as the one above. Frankly, i think you need to step back from your childish ways and just think what you are saying, one day you will reliase what a fool you really are.