[Contest] $100 for Site Layout and Logo

Question

Uptifree.com Contest:

The past couple weeks I have been redesigning the entire backend of the site. Now that its just about done, its time for the front end. I'm not any good with graphic design, so I thought I would offer the opportunity for someone to make some money!!!

Payment:

Winner will receive $100.

Payment will be made via PayPal Only.

Guidlines:

Try to keep things simple.

Nothing hard to navigate.

Currently, I'm open to all color schemes. As long as it's not bright pink/lime green, etc.

Must be original, no copycat designs.

Must have spaces for Google ads.

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

No coding required. This is for the images only.

Timeframe:

This contest will end on Tuesday March 7th, 2006 at 9:00 AM PST. At that time, no further entries will be accepted.

Picking the Winner:

Once the contest is over (see above), I will start a poll. At that time Neowin members will be able to vote for their favorite design. This does not guarantee that the most voted design will win, as I will pick the winner but the poll will weigh heavily on my decision.

Current Mockup:

Here is the current mockup of the redesign. So keep this in mind when making your design.

210.jpeg

Final Words:

Good luck to all, and may the best design win!

Edited by voidunknown

Ok i see you point in the layout taking too long to load although most people are on broadband ... I am working on a total redesign ..

Drum roll please.....

Total redesign? It's not a bad design to begin with.

237.jpeg

Nice, very simple. I don't think I like the white lines over the upload form box. It makes everything hard to read. Everything seems kinda squished and squeezed in there.

^^ Wow. Very nice.

I made the adjustments to the logo you asked for, and removed the top bar, placing the members links in the banner place. Also, surrounded the google ad in a box, and put a real ad in there for an example.

v3:

post-58442-1141087380_thumb.jpg

I like the 2nd one... Very simple and easy... Love the colors though...

The first one is great too but I like the 2nd one, but the first one is pro...

Vote goes to 2nd...

^^ Wow. Very nice.

I made the adjustments to the logo you asked for, and removed the top bar, placing the members links in the banner place. Also, surrounded the google ad in a box, and put a real ad in there for an example.

v3:

post-58442-1141087380_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I like that a lot. I'll have to ponder the logo changes for a bit and I don't like the advertisement box. Advertisements need to be subtle, not a giant ADVERTISEMENT CLICK ME BOX. ;) Great design.

238.jpeg

That is much better. You can't get any simpler. (Is that even a word?)

I still like the current one though :)

242.jpeg

Beautiful. The color scheme is great, logo is great. Maybe make the browse and detel buttons shiny blue to match the upload button and logo

Very nice Cyco.

.xs everything still seems so crammed together. And the lines in general annoy me (like in J-Abad's sig).

Void: Simpler is a word. :p BTW I got my PC working now, so I'll get started on my design soon (English essay first though :)).

Very nice. I like that a lot. I'll have to ponder the logo changes for a bit and I don't like the advertisement box. Advertisements need to be subtle, not a giant ADVERTISEMENT CLICK ME BOX. ;) Great design.

Haha, good point. ;)

I'll see what I can do.

You can't get any simpler. (Is that even a word?)

Are you asking if it can be made to look more simple? ARE YOU KIDDING ME KID? That's just crazy! How much more simple can his design get?

XS design is off tap I love it! I also love the yellow one. Very cool guys nice work. :)

Cyco and Mail have the best designs in my opinion and honestly either one makes a great choice.

Also, the first design is alright but it has the feel as if u used on of them templates u can get from the net for free.

Guidlines:

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

That sounds a little open-ended. So do you get money after you help with the 'other pages'?

I can't wait for the new templates to release, I am using your hosting than ImageShack! Ha!

That sentence made no sense! Ha!

I'll get my entry in soon enough, just gotta find some time.

That sentence made no sense! Ha!

I'll get my entry in soon enough, just gotta find some time.

The things of the uberness consist of the awesome of the coolness? -fuBar

Yes, my own coolness is upon the utter vastashion of the awesomeness? Understand it!

Now this make a lot more sense to yeh!

what is "URL upload"?

btw i have an entry coming wait for meeeeee

URL upload give anyone the ability to upload a picture right from the internet without downloading to their PC first. For example, if you wanted to upload Google's logo. Just click URL upload and copy and paste the target for Google's logo "http://www.google.com/intl/en/images/logo.gif" (no quotes). And you are done! It's like a server to server transfer.

my entry

post-78113-1141094937_thumb.jpg

Very nice. The giant arrow is kinda cool. Needs a little more logo though and maybe change the blue text to red. It kinda doesn't go with the rest of it.

That sounds a little open-ended. So do you get money after you help with the 'other pages'?

Well not exactly. I'm not going to pay $100 for a site layout only for the index page and then be left hanging. The rest of the site will be easy and probably won't require much more help, but I need for the designer to be available if I need a thing or 2. Seems reasonable to me. I'm not forcing anyone to enter. You enter on your own free will, those are the guidlines.

My entry I guess.

Still missing a lot of the components, but will add it later.

Very nice design. The logo is very unique, and I like it. Maybe add a .com somewhere in there? Like under the "free," not sure how that would look though. It also needs navigation somewhere. It's very simple and gets the point accross, while looking clean and easy. A clean design is very important. I like it.