[Contest] $100 for Site Layout and Logo

Question

Uptifree.com Contest:

The past couple weeks I have been redesigning the entire backend of the site. Now that its just about done, its time for the front end. I'm not any good with graphic design, so I thought I would offer the opportunity for someone to make some money!!!

Payment:

Winner will receive $100.

Payment will be made via PayPal Only.

Guidlines:

Try to keep things simple.

Nothing hard to navigate.

Currently, I'm open to all color schemes. As long as it's not bright pink/lime green, etc.

Must be original, no copycat designs.

Must have spaces for Google ads.

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

No coding required. This is for the images only.

Timeframe:

This contest will end on Tuesday March 7th, 2006 at 9:00 AM PST. At that time, no further entries will be accepted.

Picking the Winner:

Once the contest is over (see above), I will start a poll. At that time Neowin members will be able to vote for their favorite design. This does not guarantee that the most voted design will win, as I will pick the winner but the poll will weigh heavily on my decision.

Current Mockup:

Here is the current mockup of the redesign. So keep this in mind when making your design.

210.jpeg

Final Words:

Good luck to all, and may the best design win!

Edited by voidunknown

Not sure I like the first idea. But the second one is really nice. It's extremely simple and would load quick. Thanks for your entry!

273.jpeg

Updated version to your liking; if you need anything add/deleted tell me..

Great. Looks nice. Thanks!

voidunknown...

I hope you don't adwhore the whole entire website.

Uh, no. There will be a couple ads on each page. More than likely, just all text ads, like now.

since you have interest to remove the news section i have decided to follow up with a more simplistic mock up, sorry it doesnt really follow the mockup, if that is possible. by the way yes i do some html/css

post-78113-1141191022_thumb.jpg

It breaks all norms and just dominates the screen, the usage of colors and freeform letters are superb and one wonders what made the artist make the bold decision to make the centerpiece round, it boggles the mind.

how's this? tried to keep it simple, needs a catch phrase/ OMG LOOK UPLOAD PHOTOS AND MYSPACE AND EBAY etc kinda thing, but as a basic design...?

post-101488-1141209376_thumb.jpg

It breaks all norms and just dominates the screen, the usage of colors and freeform letters are superb and one wonders what made the artist make the bold decision to make the centerpiece round, it boggles the mind.

Cheers!

Nice design Pox. :yes:

since you have interest to remove the news section i have decided to follow up with a more simplistic mock up, sorry it doesnt really follow the mockup, if that is possible. by the way yes i do some html/css

post-78113-1141191022_thumb.jpg

That is very unique, but I don't think I really like it. Maybe it will grow on me.

That $100 is totally mine. :cool:

By the way, awesome design sundayx. :)

Somehow, I knew something like this would come. :D Let's try and keep this serious from here on.

how's this? tried to keep it simple, needs a catch phrase/ OMG LOOK UPLOAD PHOTOS AND MYSPACE AND EBAY etc kinda thing, but as a basic design...?

Very nice and simple. I like it. Needs a .com in the logo, and the catch phrase (as you said).

Everyone please re-read the original post. I have added an ending date for this contest and defined the way the winner will be picked.

278.jpeg

Quick enough loading times ? ;)

On your site you have ads just under the 'Upload' button .. on purpose ?

Also i think my monitor might be too bright therefore you lot not seeing what i see .. can you tell me if you think the design is too dark, for eg. the shadow on the 'Host Image' button is very subtle .. tell me if you think its too dark a shadow .. thanks :)

That's sweet. I like it a lot! My monitor is bright too, the shadows look ok to me. How about everyone else?

278.jpeg

Also i think my monitor might be too bright therefore you lot not seeing what i see .. can you tell me if you think the design is too dark, for eg. the shadow on the 'Host Image' button is very subtle .. tell me if you think its too dark a shadow .. thanks :)

wow thats really nice!

http://www.upitfree.com/image/278.jpeg

Simplicity and beauty at its best (Y)

I like your new idea long, also I like mail's new approach. I think it would look nicer with the ads at the top and the nav menu at the bottom ... just what I think though.

I think that most people are accustomed to having the navigation at the top of the page. Moving it to the bottom may make things harder to find for most people. I don't think it's such a good idea. Having navigation at the top AND bottom would be fine, but not just the bottom.