[Contest] $100 for Site Layout and Logo

Question

Uptifree.com Contest:

The past couple weeks I have been redesigning the entire backend of the site. Now that its just about done, its time for the front end. I'm not any good with graphic design, so I thought I would offer the opportunity for someone to make some money!!!

Payment:

Winner will receive $100.

Payment will be made via PayPal Only.

Guidlines:

Try to keep things simple.

Nothing hard to navigate.

Currently, I'm open to all color schemes. As long as it's not bright pink/lime green, etc.

Must be original, no copycat designs.

Must have spaces for Google ads.

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

No coding required. This is for the images only.

Timeframe:

This contest will end on Tuesday March 7th, 2006 at 9:00 AM PST. At that time, no further entries will be accepted.

Picking the Winner:

Once the contest is over (see above), I will start a poll. At that time Neowin members will be able to vote for their favorite design. This does not guarantee that the most voted design will win, as I will pick the winner but the poll will weigh heavily on my decision.

Current Mockup:

Here is the current mockup of the redesign. So keep this in mind when making your design.

210.jpeg

Final Words:

Good luck to all, and may the best design win!

Edited by voidunknown

Ok here's another brighter, wider, better one, I hope you like this one!!:):)

upitfree51jc.th.png

hmm i like the design on this site, but the logo seems to me to be a motion blu:(:(

I wasn't exactly sure where to post at, I haven't really posted too much on here...I think I did it right, also, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

post-146347-1141411392_thumb.jpg

All the designs are good that have been submitted ... I just think the contest is going to be between spex, mail and long. Their designs just seem more suited for what voidunknown is looking for. That's just my opinion, but as a user their designs seems more organized and simpler to use. Keep 'em coming!

That one is pretty cool, the rocket is a different touch...kind of reminds me of rocketmail back in the day. I think that it is supposed to be able to fit in 800x600 as well. All in all, not bad in my opinion.

Here's one from me.

I wasn't exactly sure where to post at, I haven't really posted too much on here...I think I did it right, also, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

post-146347-1141411392_thumb.jpg

Yes, you did it right. Great job on the layout. I don't like the possition of the logout button, but thats easily changed. Your color selection is good, but too dark for me. Maybe lighten things up a bit.

Here's one from me.

That logo is great. :D It actually made me laugh. The cartoonish looking rocket is cool, but reminds me a lot of the SBC/Yahoo DSL logo. Did you actually make it yourself or use theirs?

i made it myself. i didn't even know sbc/yahoo dsl had a rocket like that as their logo o_0. i just imagined what a cartoon rocket from the 50s would look like, something like with marvin the martian.

as for the 800x600 size, it can be easily cropped to fit.

i made it myself. i didn't even know sbc/yahoo dsl had a rocket like that as their logo o_0. i just imagined what a cartoon rocket from the 50s would look like, something like with marvin the martian.

as for the 800x600 size, it can be easily cropped to fit.

Awesome. In order for that design to work, the navigation and logo would need to move up top on all the other pages though. Not sure how that would look. But it could be done easily. Great job!

@CeruleanCowboy very nice design but I think darker layouts are less usable as compared to lighter ones, make a light version of the same layout and its perfect.

here's a brighter one =)

it's not hard at all to edit the colors, so if you would like to see a certain scheme, just let me know.

post-46466-1141416567_thumb.jpg

Yea, here's a brigher one of mine...I still like the rocket in Cerulean's

here's a brighter one =)

it's not hard at all to edit the colors, so if you would like to see a certain scheme, just let me know.

post-146347-1141417694_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...I have mixed feelings about those. They're good, don't get me wrong, but it's a bit big for me I think, that's just my opinion of course, but I do like the color scheme and I love how you did the box and how you have it layed out inside...but the rest of the page is a bit big. Maybe Im just in a weird mood right now.

Another 2 more refined concepts ( i actually like the plain white background now lol):

up4blue5ed.jpg

FULL SIZE VERSION

up4blueandwhite5tx.jpg

FULL SIZE VERSION

All of those designs are great guys. Come Tuesday morning I'll pick the finalists and create the poll for voting, but by no means will it be easy. :-\

Well I went more proffesional with this design; tell me what to change/keep and what colors to try for you!

324.jpeg

or

325.jpeg

I like the ballon idea with the logo. Very creative. I prefer the white background, but the design seems a bit too plane to me. It needs something more, but I can't put my finger on it.

I figured you wanted quick loading, so I didnt make a background and kept imagery to a low. I was shooting for simplicity....I can add some things if you want :)

You don't necessarily need to add anything, it's just missing something and I can't put my finger on it. I'll stare at it some more...

Maybe a light blue background behind this bit:

post-26642-1141427555_thumb.jpg

That would probably fix it. Great idea. Something really light. With just a bit darker blueborder?