My dad an I picked up the new GMT900 Escalade

I absolutely hate this car. its so huge and ugly from outside! also uses too much benzine :D interior is definately cool and comfy though :)

in any case enjoy it!

He's already said that his father doesn't have to worry about the gas receipts... Nice vehicle, I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole though.

For those people who want inside pics, Ill try my hardist to get them next friday. I only get to see my dad once a week on fridays.

I don't particularly like it, I much prefer German SUVs like the X5, and ML, but I must say that the new line of GM SUVs are really good, and they've done a lot of work to improve them. It's got a nice engine and the interiors are finally looking good in these things.

This post is starting to smell like bull**** to me. First, people don't debate purchasing an Escalade vs. a 760. Second, it seems funny that it's justing sitting in a parking garage. I realize the dude could live in an apartment, but still sounds fishy (there's no way you'd put a 760 in a public space like that anyway). But people with boats and cottages and Escalades don't usually live in housing complexes. Third, doesn't it take time to get plates for a new car, even if they're transferred (I could be wrong about this)?

I'm not saying I'm convinced you're lying, dude, but this is fishy at best.

This post is starting to smell like bull**** to me. First, people don't debate purchasing an Escalade vs. a 760. Second, it seems funny that it's justing sitting in a parking garage. I realize the dude could live in an apartment, but still sounds fishy (there's no way you'd put a 760 in a public space like that anyway). But people with boats and cottages and Escalades don't usually live in housing complexes. Third, doesn't it take time to get plates for a new car, even if they're transferred (I could be wrong about this)?

I'm not saying I'm convinced you're lying, dude, but this is fishy at best.

My dad lives in the penthouse of a condo. Its actually pretty nice. Granite counter tops, hardwood.

Heres what ill do. Next time im near it, ill get a piece of paper, and write my username on it and take a picture with the username and the truck.

And im not sure why he got new plates. His old plates wernt even that old.

I dont like peoples oppinions when its biast. Theres obviously a market for SUV's so the people who buy them are willing to pay the price for it.

My dad speciallizes in selling high end real estate, so he cant show up to a 4 million dollar house in a toyota or a honda.

As for me, ill probably end up getting a SAAB 95 when i turn legal age to drive, which is 16 years of age here in ontario for a G1 (basically a learners)

Your a retard

Honda makes Acura

Toyota Makes Lexus

Maybe your Realstate of a father should buy a Acura or is that to foreign for him ? Second I can't wait for GM, and Ford to be bought out by a foreign Car Maker, ah The Honda- Escalde 35 MPG; People can dream huh ?

EDIT: I hate American Cars, Also I live in USA So I'm not a USA hater.

Hey mate that's an awesome car, good stuff :)

I'm from Australia so i'm not quite familiar with Escalade's, what are the engine specs? Looks pretty powerful!

good stuff.

Heres what ill do. Next time im near it, ill get a piece of paper, and write my username on it and take a picture with the username and the truck.

Again, I'm not calling you a liar (I'm not trying to start a fight), but taking that picture with your username proves nothing.

And im not sure why he got new plates. His old plates wernt even that old.

Can you get new plates without having already purchased the vehicle? I'm pretty sure you need the title (which the old man wouldn't have had until last night). And it would take several days, at least, to receive the new plates.

I dunno...it's just the way you post you sound like one of my friends who likes to tell tales (but isn't very good at it). I'm probly wrong about you, but I like to debate.

Your a retard

Honda makes Acura

Toyota Makes Lexus

Maybe your Realstate of a father should buy a Acura or is that to foreign for him ? Second I can't wait for GM, and Ford to be bought out by a foreign Car Maker, ah The Honda- Escalde 35 MPG; People can dream huh ?

Im a retard? Im pretty sure that I'm not mentally challenged buddy.

And im going by a direct quote of Honda And Toyota. That person did not specify Lexus or Acura.

Again, I'm not calling you a liar (I'm not trying to start a fight), but taking that picture with your username proves nothing.

Can you get new plates without having already purchased the vehicle? I'm pretty sure you need the title (which the old man wouldn't have had until last night). And it would take several days, at least, to receive the new plates.

I dunno...it's just the way you post you sound like one of my friends who likes to tell tales (but isn't very good at it). I'm probly wrong about you, but I like to debate.

well then what do you want me to do to prove that im not making this thread fishy. I hate lieing, and i dont want to mislead you.

cimg0016large1ia.th.jpg

dsc0061large4ye.jpg

Hopefully some minute proofe for the people who don't really beleive. But like I said before. I only get to see my dad once a week, so it will be a little bit before I see it again.

There also might be some proof here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...c=271198&st=765

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27127

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26700

Im not saying that this prooves anything 100% but its not like im lieing for a while hoping that one of the people that lives in the condo gets one so i can take pictures of it and say that its my fathers.

Edited by goodcase

well then what do you want me to do to prove that im not making this thread fishy. I hate lieing, and i dont want to mislead you.

There's probly no way to do it without publishing some personal info. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Enjoy the old man's ride.

Your a retard

Honda makes Acura

Toyota Makes Lexus

You might not be a USA hater, but you sure do hate common sense. He said Honda or Toyata, not Acura or Lexus. Same company, different cars.

Plates don't take that long to get. When we moved to US from Canada my dad spent the whole day getting everything sorted out and had the new plates by the end of the day. And brandnewfantx, what does Honda owning Acura, and Toyota owning Lexus have to do with this? You're mocking him, yet you're the one looking like an idiot.

why is it nobody on neowin can be happy for anyone else? always with these new car topics you get some lame 10 year old kid jealous that he doesnt have one, give the guy a break he was just posting to show he had a new car. Had it been an old hunk of junk you guys wouldnt bash him, so what his dad pays for what he likes, no matter the price. Work your way up there and then you can maybe afford some of these cars too.

OT Nice escalade, i like it more than the older one. In one of your pics the side view one, it kind of looks like the old navi IMO. I plan on getting something big in a year or so.

Hey mate that's an awesome car, good stuff :)

I'm from Australia so i'm not quite familiar with Escalade's, what are the engine specs? Looks pretty powerful!

good stuff.

Finally a postitive comment.

6.2Litre V8

403HP

417ft/lb torque

7,700 lbs. towing capacity

edit: oh, and the two posts above this...thanks

okay, its a deal.

cool beans... look, i'm not saying your retarded or anything along those lines. I just find it funny when ppl online make post bragging about things like this more or less, things that aren't even theirs per se, in your case. So if you do make post like this, expect ppl to call you out on it.

Simply put... if you're gonna talk the talk, walk the walk.

and no, i'm not jealous or envious in the least... I drive a M3 :devil:

Talk about rich family...

By the way for the people who are complaining about the gas:

1. It's not your money

2. If he wants a car that eats up fuel (and is aware of it) then thats fine

3. People who spend money on the economy FUELS the economy. (no pun intended)

And lastly, besides enviromental reasons, who gives a damn? I've read somewhere newer cars emit less toxic fumes. I have a 97' Honda Accord for god's sake.

cool beans... look, i'm not saying your retarded or anything along those lines. I just find it funny when ppl online make post bragging about things like this more or less, things that aren't even theirs per se, in your case. So if you do make post like this, expect ppl to call you out on it.

Simply put... if you're gonna talk the talk, walk the walk.

and no, i'm not jealous or envious in the least... I drive a M3 :devil:

i love the m3 such a nice car!

Thats a leet vehicle (Y) Hows the included sound system?

And who cares about the environment... we are burning gas like crazy anyway, one more wont make a difference lol :p Go talk to those owners of factories in China or w/e, they emit way more than his vehicle.