My dad an I picked up the new GMT900 Escalade

Looks great in that white, thats the color that my parents are picking up, but mine's going to be the Escalade EXT Platinum :D

@goodcase: Grats on the new ride! I think it looks great, and Cadillac really improved the shape (I disliked the previous ones), the car looks a lot better now. The back lights look a little strange, but overall the car looks really nice. I'm glad your father gets a tax write off on gasoline (I do as well), which puts a huge smile on my face when I read posts from people like I77H8asdfda.... whatever.

Again, congratulations, and I hope you get to drive it when you turn 16. (Y) :)

I don't particularly like it, I much prefer German SUVs like the X5, and ML

Aren't those both designed and built in the US?

I know the ML was built (or rebuilt) for a while at Steyr in Austria, but, in no way are either technically 'German', except that the company that makes them is German owned.

Thread Cleaned

Some members here are really childish when taking things at face value here - regardless of it being a bad choice of car why can't members just be happy for them?

A few members are going to receive account warnings for their bad conduct in this topic.

Radish?

so your dad will be driving this car solo most of the time at work. why didn't he just get a smaller luxurious car? hauling that thing around is uneccessary.

Thread Cleaned[/i]i>

Some members here are really childish when taking things at face value here - regardless of it being a bad choice of car why can't members just be happy for them?

A few members are going to receive account warnings for their bad conduct in this topic.

Radish?

i think a lot of us are unhappy for him because he's proud of owning a vechicle that isn't very envorimentally friendly and really makes driving next one a real danger. it's a nice vechicle for going on trips with family but a lot people drive it solo.

Escalade: 403bhp 6.2 V8 ... 0-60 in 6.8 seconds

Range Rover: 400bhp 4 V8 ... 0-60 7.1 seconds

Think that speaks volimes ...

What do those numbers have to do with anything? Unless I'm missing something where SUV racing has suddenly become popular.

My dad also looked at the range rover and range rover sport. The sport was to small, and my dad just didnt like the rangerover.

As for the people who are upset that im "proud" to own a vehilce which is so called "enviromentally unfriendly" It meats the standards for pollutents emited in the exhaust of the vehicle, or else it would not have been built by Cadillac. There are vehicles that are way worse then this, but I dont hear you complaining about them.

Does your dad drive the prospective buyers around when he's showing them properties for sale?

Yes, he does that all the time.

so your dad will be driving this car solo most of the time at work. why didn't he just get a smaller luxurious car?

Because he didnt want a small car. He got the truck for a reason. Accept it. No he not going to trade it in for a small car, no he is not worried about gas prices, no he doesnt care what its doing to the enviroment because there are vehicles which are worse then this

i dont know how many times i have to say this. But apperently its alot.

Escalade: 403bhp 6.2 V8 ... 0-60 in 6.8 seconds

Range Rover: 400bhp 4 V8 ... 0-60 7.1 seconds

Think that speaks volimes ...

The 6.2 may be very similar in power... but I bet its got much better low end torque than the 4.0 v8.

I would also like to direct your attention to this.

I knows its the 2006 Escalade, but the website doesnt have the 07 models up yet.

comparison3az.pngcomparison29ad.png

And another point is the 07 escalade does infact get better gas mialage then the 06 escalade.

Does the 07' Escalade come off with that system that's on the Hemi engines? The one that operates on 4 cylinders and when you need the extra power they come alive? I think it's like cylinder deactivation or something, if that's on the Escalade you'll be getting super good gas mileage. (Y)

The Escalade's a damn heavy truck even the 06' model, the Range Rovers are alot lighter aren't they? I'm surprised that the MPG/Gas Costs are so close. :/

Does the 07' Escalade come off with that system that's on the Hemi engines? The one that operates on 4 cylinders and when you need the extra power they come alive? I think it's like cylinder deactivation or something, if that's on the Escalade you'll be getting super good gas mileage. (Y)

The Escalade's a damn heavy truck even the 06' model, the Range Rovers are alot lighter aren't they? I'm surprised that the MPG/Gas Costs are so close. :/

No, the escalade doesnt have that feature. But in late 06' they will introduce VVT (variable vable timing) which does something with the valves and thats how it gets the better fuel mialage.

i think a lot of us are unhappy for him because he's proud of owning a vechicle that isn't very envorimentally friendly and really makes driving next one a real danger.

I'll second the part about being dangerous driving next to one- I was driving home from church today, and one came up next to me, and tried to move into my lane. I had to hit the brakes really hard, and swerve to the right because he would've hit me right in the side. I pulled up next to him at the next stoplight, and he rolled down his window and said he didn't see me next to him! :o

I have taken pictures with me in the truck..with my user name. Ill have them up later tonight, when i have them resized.

Nice truck, but i dont think GMC is any better than Toyota or Honda to looking classy in for high end real estate

Edited by Ultomato

Nice truck, but i dont think GMC is any better than Toyota or Honda to looking classy in for high end real estate

my dad got what he got, he didnt want toyota or honda. why cant people understand that.

cimg0003large4rq.jpg

cimg0006large2eg.jpg

cimg0007large5ot.jpg

cimg0009large6so.jpg

cimg0010large2yw.jpg

This is a beautiful car. Even though it's not my own personal first choice, I am always glad to entertain the notion that others might think differently ;) My girlfriend, for example, was giddy from looking at those pics. She drives a Cayman now and would like a proper car for winter driving - so the Escalade happens to be at the top of her list. Alas, we don't have the parking space for it, so she's stuck mooching off my Bimmer a bit longer.

Speaking as somebody who has probably bragged about his cars many times, your post had none of that pretense. You're fortunate to have an apparently affluent father who is willing to indulge himself in life's little pleasures. Others are not so lucky.

I have worked for 8 years to get to where I am today, and if I stopped to compare myself to everyone out there who accomplished more than me in less time, I probably wouldn't have much motivation for anything.

I look forward to seeing any additional pics!