AMD developing reverse Hyper-Threading?

Itanium? IA-64? 64-bit computing has been around long before the A64...IBM/Sun/HP?

64-bit computing was around for servers for a long time, but I think he's talking about the specific platform x86-64 (AMD64), which really introduced 64-bit computing to workstations because it uses a backward-compatible instruction set. Intel stole it and renamed it EM64T.

Oh..okay that might make more sense.

I wouldn't really call it stealing, don't they have that shared-license thing? or whatever?

We can call the Athlon a big stolen architecture too..

64-bit computing was around for servers for a long time, but I think he's talking about the specific platform x86-64 (AMD64), which really introduced 64-bit computing to workstations because it uses a backward-compatible instruction set. Intel stole it and renamed it EM64T.

Either party [intel & AMD] didn't steal anything from each other...

Intel & AMD has an agreement between them so that they can transfer some key technology such as SSE, SSE2, SSE3 [to AMD] & x86-64 [to Intel].

I really hope AMD realease a driver so that Current X2 chips can do this. :D

probably not gonna happen, as they mention post K8

but it would be nice if my X2 would turn into 5.4ghz, but then again it would suck at multi-tasking

Hyper-threading and Anti-Hyper-threading

Capt'n! I denea know 'ow long I can keep it goin'! The 'yper-Threadin' and anti-'yper-Threading magnetic constricters are wide open, and the deturium tank cannae take the pressure!! I Think she's gonna blow!!"