WWDC 2006

Apple doesn't need to change the design of the iMac's it's still one of the best looking computers available. :yes:

I agree, but they do need to update the actual hardware located inside the iMac because it's 8 months old. They're not doing that at a high enough frequency IMO.

Guys don't forget that the WWDC was a developer oriented convection and the iMac is a consumer product. The Mac Pro is a developer/professional machine, so it's right to present it at WWDC, but the iMac... mmmm doesn't fit in.

Don't worry, September at Paris we may see the new iMac, or maybe there's not even need for an announcement, and we see them appear on the Apple page in short time.

The Mac Pro is a very nice machine, don't get me wrong on that, but I won't have the money for that until january, and honestly, it may be a great machine, but the iMac is the best ratio quality/price. I mean... for 2300 CAD, I can get a very nice 20" display, dual-core 2.0ghz, a kinda good video card, a built-in iSight and 1 GB of memory. It's an all-in-one and for the first time, I'd get a widescreen panel. It takes no space, and there wouldn't be all those wires behind my desktop, it's chaos right now... That's why I don't like Mac Pros. I mean, they're awesome towers for hardcore gaming (w/ XP SP2), companies or science, but not really for me at this price. For 3000 CAD, all I get is a lot of speed.

...I'm really impatient knowing that Intel Core 2 Duo is already out...

...As I'm always saying, the DAY it's out, I'm buying it with probably 2 GB of memory.

Wow - we could be twins; I feel exactly the same way. 2GB of RAM and all.
I'm assuming the iMac 20" is going to have an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40 ghz, as it costs 316$ and the 2ghz used to cost $423.
Stop it! You're making me excited!! :p I really hope Apple go with Conroe - I'll be really disappointed if they choose Merom.

rofl, yeah, quite a coincidence that we want to buy exactly the same customized product the same day..!

I think they'll go with the Conroe for the iMacs and Merom for the Macbook and Macbook Pros. What I don't understand is why is the ATI Radeon in the current iMac is a Mobility? Mobility means for laptops, right?

Guys don't forget that the WWDC was a developer oriented convection and the iMac is a consumer product. The Mac Pro is a developer/professional machine, so it's right to present it at WWDC, but the iMac... mmmm doesn't fit in.

Hmmm.. I never thought about it, but it all makes sense... and yeah, let's hope they make no announcement and they add the imac very soon (gets excited too early)

What I don't understand is why is the ATI Radeon in the current iMac is a Mobility? Mobility means for laptops, right?

Ever taken a good look at the iMac's casing? It doesn't exactly pack much space. ;) I believe it also has a laptop-type optical drive, not 100% sure tho.

fixed typo

Edited by Neowave

Yeah, you make sense... I still wonder how a hard disk and a video card can live in the iMac.. with the LCD screen and all... it's almost nano technology :p

btw, the more I think about it, the more I think I'm wrong with the 2,40 ghz thing, I'd have to know how the 2,0ghz cost at the beginning.. so I can't really compare with a july price! I expect a 2,40ghz or a better one for the 20"

picture1ua6.png

Probably 1,86GHz for the cheapest iMac model and 2,13GHz for the high end. Maybe they'll allow you to choose the 2,4 GHz one as an upgrade option.

But seriously, what the hell is taking Apple so long?! :pinch:

Edited by Neowave

Well considering Memon isn't available yet in mass quantity, it would make sense that Apple waits till at least a closer mass production delivery date on the processor. That way the consumer doesn't have to wait very long from announcement day.

(...) This timeframe supports earlier claims that Apple would be launching Core 2 Duo (Merom/Conroe) Macs as early in September. The new Core 2 Duo processors are drop-in replacements for existing Core Duo processors which power the Mac Mini, MacBook, iMac and MacBook Pro.

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/08/20060824183848.shtml

• 2 weeks later...