Resistance:Fall Of Man copied.

So it looks like first game has been cracked already. Not quite sure how to run it though. Better yet, who has BD drives? lol

weight in at 15.54 GB (16,682,450,285 bytes)

good news? bad news? u decide. :devil:

I can confirm NFS:C is ripped and few others games as well.

get your own sources, i'm just saying how it is :)

NFS:C weights in at 11.44 GB (12,288,433,249 bytes)

if anybody cares :)

Is there any sources or links to where someone has successfully played games copied to the hard drive. The only thing I've seen is that they have been copied but not actually played.

^ It's not a rumor, it's a built-in function of the PS3 IIRC.

I never quite understood what IIRC meant - someone explain? :s

the NFO doesnt say much - only thats it been dumped by the 'dd method' :s

Dunno if its playable?

The NFS:C NFO doesnt say anything either :s

Cloudstrife - we need your input here :D

I never quite understood what IIRC meant - someone explain? :s

the NFO doesnt say much - only thats it been dumped by the 'dd method' :s

Dunno if its playable?

The NFS:C NFO doesnt say anything either :s

Cloudstrife - we need your input here :D

Not playable. Yet.

There are rumours about the ability to play the games from the HDD like the PSP but nothing concrete yet.

It's not playable right? It would definitely be big news if they managed to crack the PS3 security and run copied titles.

If they do, I wouldn't be surprised if a firmware update squashes it.. Maybe some type of Devhook program will be released for the PS3 and not just PSP eh?

We already know they can get a disk image through Linux of the Blue-Ray disks, there is a big topic on it in the Sony section IIRC.

It wouldn't take much to put it on the internet via torrent etc through Linux, so this isn't really news till we have proof that somebody has been able to play a Blue-ray game/movie on the PS3 from the disk image.

If there is one thing a huge mulitinational company like sony cares about its drm and im sure they wouldn't be foolish enough to allow people to make data dumps (i think thats what dd stands for!) of games in linux and play them off the hard drive.

:devil:

But then again this is sony....

(for proof of shoddy software see sonic stage! :laugh: )

I can confirm that there have been rips (will not post source since it may be against the rules, but if you're so inclined, PM me) but none of them are playable "Yet" according to the NFOs. Should be any day now, really.

The following games have been ripped:

Untold Legends Dark Kingdom

Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Resistance Fall of Man

Call of Duty 3

Need for Speed Carbon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Genji Days of the Blade

Ridge Racer 7

NFL Madden 2007

:shiftyninja:

I can confirm that there have been rips (will not post source since it may be against the rules, but if you're so inclined, PM me) but none of them are playable "Yet" according to the NFOs. Should be any day now, really.

The following games have been ripped:

Untold Legends Dark Kingdom

Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire

Resistance Fall of Man

Call of Duty 3

Need for Speed Carbon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Genji Days of the Blade

Ridge Racer 7

NFL Madden 2007

:shiftyninja:

Any game that has launched can be ripped, heck, I just even saw GOW (6.3GB) for download.

Now, if Sony by some means made the PS3 to be exploitable without say... good old modchips, then it was a grave error. But reading Sony's background, and their loving support of DRM's, I doubt they would be that stupid.

In the end, I guess it will be a game of wait and see. Wait to see if no modchip is needed, or wait to see if a modchip or something in the same level of complexity is needed.

Any game that has launched can be ripped, heck, I just even saw GOW (6.3GB) for download.

Yeah but 360 can already play pirated games so its not really surprising to see GOW for download considering people have been pirating 360 games for awhile and DVD isn't exactly a brand new format. If GOW was a game that came out for exclusive use with HDDVD drive and was copied (not that it would be that hard either necessarily) then you would have something comparable.

Uhhh.. unplayable game rips have come out for a long time now. It's nothing special at all.

- GameCube games were ripped long before people even had a method of playing them.

- 360 games were ripped before the firmware mod was made available.