Neowin - Help us solve The Vanishing Point Game at www.vanishingpointgame.com
Thanks to bobp for creating this thread, of which I've now taken ownership for easy updating!
See here for the initial front page news item and more details.
So far, we know that it's probably a marketing campaign by 42 Entertainment for Microsoft (as the initial teaser image was first seen on the Internet Explorer Development Blog, and the Flash login page is seen connecting to the 42 Entertainment domain). 42 Entertainment were behind the highly successful Halo viral marketing campaign.
I'll be updating this post with the codes we find and the puzzles that are given as a result of that.
- Initial image as reported on Neowin front page - solved as wh0isl0ki
- Also solved as iw4nttwinyou from a blog post on HeavenGames.com
- Also solved as 3scap3grav1ty from an edited post by the mystery lokivanishes poster
- Also solved as imm0rtaliz3m3 thanks to a key from Doug Stockwell
- Also solved as wh3r3t0g0 thanks to the guys at unfiction
- iw4nttwinyou - gives US phone number (when called asks for PIN) - solved with PIN 35813, prompting the user to THIS webpage
- 3scap3grav1ty - gives different grid-based puzzle - solved, leading the user to THIS webpage
- 3akix3ozidd1b - identical to the above - solved
- wh0isl0ki - gives grid-based puzzle - solved, leading the user to THIS webpage
- imm0rtaliz3m3 - gives an mp3 file, the waveform of which looks like this and is solved like this (thanks go to Ehsan from Unfiction), leading the user to THIS webpage
- wh3r3t0g0 - gives some html-escaped data. Putting this into a basic html page reveals a word, leading the user to THIS webpage
The sudoku-like puzzle is solved with the following numbers:
592 487 613 817 563 924 643 921 875 428 156 739 135 749 286 769 238 541 256 374 198 371 895 462 984 612 357
Edited by Rob, 11 January 2007 - 22:46.